Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sounds of the System Panel TennoCon 2022: Submit Your Questions!

[DE]CoreyOnline

With the shift to working from home, what kind of work did you have to do in order to create better solutions for your voice talents? Was it a matter of bringing each actor into a solo recording booth and working with them remotely, or were enough of them able to work with at-home setups to get you through?

The new Eximus and Deimos units seem to have gotten some new voice lines in the various game languages. In the early days the Grineer and Corpus spoke a lot of Grineer and Corpus, but at some point they all started speaking boring English. Are the new voice lines a one-off thing or do they signal a more organized shift back to the cooler game languages?

On 2022-06-01 at 7:43 AM, (PSN)Starlight_Maiden said:

I'm not sure if this counts, but with soundtracks from the Deadlock Protocol, Railjack, and such. Is there any plans to make them into somachords? 

I'd love to properly appreciate the songs in-game at my orbiter. 

15 hours ago, NoriakiPoint said:

Q2: I notice that you add some new music for corpus ship after updat 28, will they become somachord tones? Can't wait to play them in orbiter!

Second (well, third) both of these. The Deadlock Protocol OST was imo one of your best, and its a shame that they are still not obtainable in game or on music service platforms to this day. When can we expect these releases?

Le 01/06/2022 à 04:42, (XBOX)VwS Executioner a dit :

The original warframe song not this 

In the launcher, when you actually launch the game, it's this song. I don't know, you are on XBox and me on PS, and on PS, maybe it's the song when you are in the PS Menu, under the WF app maybe when you are on the Overview (Between Start of the App and Trending) ? If it's this one, i don't know the exact name of this theme (Djembe during all of this theme)

Q1: Will you guys let us in the future choose our login music? I miss Sleeping in the Cold Below

Q2: New War album on Spotify when people? :D

Q3: I would like to know how you guys made the

Spoiler

sentient sounds + angel sounds

, what was the creative process being them?

What's the weirdest thing you've gotten a cool sound from?

What inspired the sound direction on the Zariman? Did the sound team have a direction in mind from the beginning, or were you given a direction to go in? 

Is there any chance that we might get a somachord sample of just the calm section of Smiles from Juran? It's a really beautiful, atmospheric piece that works wonderfully in the Sacrifice, but the somachord sample that currently exists also uses a much more aggressive section that is very jarring and personally disincenticizes me from using it.

I understand if not due to the amount of effort it might take; I just really appreciate the work put into the music in this game and would love to put it on in my orbiter and listen to the calming sounds every time I return from a mission :>

There's probably some legal work required involving non-commercial creative commons usage, but would you guys ever consider releasing the stems used to make the various songs/music heard throughout the entire game and promotional material? i'd love to hear the raw recordings, make my own arrangements and see what others can create, rather than say, ripping audio from a youtube video and attempting to awkwardly edit them into something

How do you decide what should be the volume of each sound? And what about the music's volume? 

While playing The New War I had a hard time hearing the in-mission music when I had every relevant sound setting at 100 (as you usually recommend just in case), which is a shame because it easily became my favorite part of the game's soundtrack after hearing it afterwards in isolation.

The archon and Teso(or was it Veko?) combat themes were big standouts, would love hearing them in more mission.

Do you ever design sounds for things that end up not being a good fit for that specific thing, then save them for later cause they're still objectively good? Do you currently have any sounds tucked away that you're looking to match to something later?

We have been hearing the same Lotus voice lines for the missions in Warframe for years now, I wonder is there a possibility for you to record more Lotus voice lines for all the common missions to spice up the variety and variation? 

Appreciate it!

Have there been any sounds where you've been particularly stumped? Where you had no idea what it should sound like? 

Conversely, have there been any sounds where you knew what you wanted but weren't sure how to go about making it?

How do you approach situations like these?

Archived