Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

harrow vs sp (helmith skill + build)?

Venus-Venera

Question

i've only been playing harrow for a few days and i think warframe is awesome!
the biggest problem was that i went instant down on sp versus ranged. because without "shield gating" i would have to keep kissing the ground. and low armor also played a crucial role. so I thought I'd do an experiment! maxed umbra set + primed vigor installed! now it looks much better. but I don't know all the tricks.

>>>> maybe a harrow veteran can reveal the tricks? <<<<
i like support warframes and my favorites are nekros + wisp. I've been playing with that for years. and harrow should also be a support warframe? because i only help the team with fourth skill + vazarin shool at the moment.

in my build i don't have a range and i looked at all helmith skills. defy (750 armor only) / warcry didn't convince me... so I stuck with roar. Otherwise I would take octavia ball. but there must be a lot of range here.

i play with kuva zarr with crit riven and max range. aoe usually has orange/red crits and with alt fire single target can say hello to satan. damage is awesome.
my build at the moment:

harrow.jpg

7 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I hope that's Harrow Prime. :awe: 

Edit:
Never mind I see it is.

That's some commitment right there, I like Harrow but I rarely use it, because I think it's a Team Frame.

He gets called a 'selfish support' as the majority of his buffs, their effects otherwise- are solely given to himself. Wisp's Motes, Trinny's Well, Zephyr's crit bonus : those are team players more than Harrow which is kinda sad given his lore

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

He gets called a 'selfish support' as the majority of his buffs, their effects otherwise- are solely given to himself. Wisp's Motes, Trinny's Well, Zephyr's crit bonus : those are team players more than Harrow which is kinda sad given his lore

We used him a lot in Eidolon fights back in the day, the mate went Harrow and the rest of us went other frames, he doesn't play anymore.

I prefer to run a shield gating harrow, so umbral fiber and vitality are completely useless to me as health values on a frame like harrow shouldn't be damaged in the first place. narrow minded is fine, but you need to counter that negative range with stretch and augur reach so your 1 can reach enemies. having high strength is also important so your energy gen and reload/fire rate buffs from your 2 are strong. Energy isn't important as your 3 will be generating so much energy you wont have problems. Rolling guard for shieldgating obviously. And to top it off an aoe weapon like zarr or bramma to kill enemies with prime sure footed to negate the stagger.

Or at least that's how I play my harrow do whatever you want this is warframe.

This is mine.. 4k shields, 90% DR.  Chance of 2k shields back on damage.  You lock stuff down with condemn.    If you use an adarzo with him beween that and his 4th thats 110% cc buff to team.  (Adarza would insta die in SP lol).   I never took it into SP though... and now with new eximus that can ignore crowd control....  Part of his safety net is gone.   I used extra range instead of a little extra strength because condemn has a small 360 degree AoE and I wanted to make that just a little bigger,  it also helps reach the squad with his healing/speed buff zone.   Outside of SP I freaking love Harrow.  I forget who I was playing before him but man after he came out I used him so much.....  I love support frames like Nekros, Oberon, Harrow, Wisp.   I've moved on but he is not forgotten lol.   Right now im having fun with Caliban.   But i've also gone back to Nekros because of the Hespar and to farm some Madurai focus lol.  

FKv2q_MXMAI4JiT?format=jpg&name=large

10 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

in my build i don't have a range and i looked at all helmith skills. defy (750 armor only) / warcry didn't convince me... so I stuck with roar. Otherwise I would take octavia ball. but there must be a lot of range here.

Harrow works better with either Condemn or Hildryn's Pillage to be honest than Roar. Both serve a similar role of restoring and building overshields, but the differences include:

• Condemn scaling off of mods more than Pillage, which scales off of the armor/shields stripped by the ability for shield strength
  • Condemn is in a straight line, while Pillage is a circle around the user
  • Condemn locks enemies in place making headshots much easier, while Pillage doesn't do anything

Without those shields, you're running a really tight Duration on Penance (2) since that scales off of the amount of Shields you have. It will cap off at 2 minutes, and the high Firing Speed and Reload Speed will make up for the loss of Roar.

While your build can't service Augments, Harrow's Augments are perfectly fine to use even in the Steel Path. Lasting Covenant in particular, as if done right, you (and your team perhaps) will have near permanent orange/red crits. 

Archived