Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Fixes to the "Orokin Eye" Parallax Landing Craft Air Support

Duality52

For context, the new Parallax Landing Craft's Air Support scans the area around where you placed the beacon. Said scan reveals and marks items Golden Instinct would trigger upon within 150 meters. The Air Support can be used anytime, even if there are no rare items in range.

Problem comes in several parts:

• Usage Conditions

Aforementioned before, Orokin Eye can be used even if there are no rare items within its range. Golden Instinct will tell you "AREA IS BARREN" at the very least, but Orokin Eye is rendered redundant and wasteful as a result. The 10 (5 minutes with Engineering Intrinsics 3) minute cooldown doesn't help either.

• Effective Range

The 150 meters is short, even in tiles like the Grineer Galleon. Golden Instinct is not only slightly larger, but moddable as well.

Here are some suggested solutions on fixing Orokin Eye:

• Lingering Effect

Have the Air Support linger for around 5-10 seconds, while having the player act as the "eye". That is the center that detects rare items as the player wanders around. Think of it similarly to Loot Radar or Enemy Radar.

• Make it similar to Golden Instinct

Not the tracking wisp, but the activation conditions and range of Golden Instinct. That is, Orokin Eye will only activate if there are any items Golden Instinct will activate upon. Additionally, base range of Orokin Eye increased from 150 meters to 500 meters. Keep the persistent waypoint marked on rare items.

Either one of the two or even both will suffice to help reflect the cooldown more properly. The other request would be to halve the base cooldown of the Air Support charges (5 minutes base, 2.5 minutes with Engineering Intrinsics 3).

Thoughts?

22 hours ago, Duality52 said:

increased from 150 meters to 500 meters.

This.

I wouldn't mind 150m if the cooldown was removed. Allow us to use resources to find resources by crafting air support charges and using them. As it stands... if you are medallion hunting, just use Xaku or firestorm-infused-AOE-weapons. 

I rarely see air support charges used, and the cooldown is a (but not only) major reason.

On 2022-06-09 at 8:27 PM, Duality52 said:

The 10 (5 minutes with Engineering Intrinsics 3) minute cooldown doesn't help either.

Huh....

Does this thing even Work ?

My Cooldowns are still 10 Minutes... 🤔

On 2022-06-09 at 8:27 PM, Duality52 said:

Thoughts?

I like it.... And that just makes this Depressing because I doubt DE is going to do any of that....

Golden Instinct is just as Bad as it was when it was Added and Parallax will be no different....

I doubt DE cares if we find those Goodies or Not.... They don't even have Dedicated Icons...

I cannot agree with OP about Orokin Eye. I think it's great skill, that do not need to be fixed (except few bugs, which I'll mention below. DE please do not fix them if you can :) ).

I did some tests with this skill and here's my thoughts:

• Range - it seems that it has much bigger range than intended 150 meters( it has something like twice the range or some weird activation, maybe double one). Probably it's connected to room tiles and it has range of for example 3 room tiles ACROSS all map),
  • What it can detect - it can mark Ayatan Sculptures, Kurias, Cephalon fragments, Frame and Somachord Fighters, Syndicate Medallions AND, creme de la creme, rare containers. It does not mark sabotage caches, Fish Fragment from Plains of Eidolon. I'm not sure about Sentient Fragments either,
  • It marks items that DO NOT HAVE scanned/picked up, even for your party members. For example if your party member does not have Somachord Fragment scanned, ALL party members will see mark (this has to be fixed, because it confuses players),
  • It does not show, what kind of item it marks (this has to be fixed, because I wanted to see what item it marks, especially Ayatan Sculptures which do not show on minimap, unless marked manually by player,
  • It seems that after having over 200 charges it has unlimited number of them. Please DO NOT fix this :). Or fix, but give us 100x charge blueprint, because crafting only 10 at once is painful. 
  • Please give us a method to unmark item, because having item marked for the rest of the mission is annoying. It should also do not mark the same item twice in the same mission if you use ability second time.

That's my thoughts.

On 2022-06-15 at 5:46 AM, SonnyPsycho said:

• What it can detect - it can mark Ayatan Sculptures, Kurias, Cephalon fragments, Frame and Somachord Fighters, Syndicate Medallions AND, creme de la creme, rare containers. It does not mark sabotage caches, Fish Fragment from Plains of Eidolon. I'm not sure about Sentient Fragments either,

Do you know if it detects the Zarium Accolades for Cephalon Melica?

On 2022-06-17 at 9:53 AM, (PSN)Kigurumi_Kalina said:

Do you know if it detects the Zarium Accolades for Cephalon Melica?

According to wiki it doesn't detect Zarium Accolades, Voidplumes, or Rare/Reinforced Containers (Golden Instinct works on all of these). I don't know how accurate the wiki is though.

В 19.06.2022 в 02:48, Voltage сказал:

According to wiki it doesn't detect Zarium Accolades, Voidplumes, or Rare/Reinforced Containers (Golden Instinct works on all of these). I don't know how accurate the wiki is though.

Orokin Eye detects the Zarium Accolades. I checked this recently. 

On 2022-06-20 at 2:50 PM, Devil_Zeldris said:

Orokin Eye detects the Zarium Accolades. I checked this recently. 

Yes.

On 2022-06-19 at 2:48 AM, Voltage said:

Up to now, I saw it detecting Zarium Accolades, Voidplum/other syndicates' medalions, Kuria. (I don't know if it can detect Rare/Reinforced Conteiners, but I heard it doesn't detect Sabotage Caches, which is fine by me.) It does detect Somatocords and I think also frame warrior info/cephalon fragments info items too - if any player misses that thing in the party. I think it detected a sculpture but I am unsure I remember this detail well (could be it was the kid who detected that, for example).

There is a range limit OFC and I have no idea yet regarding how it works regarding areas you haven't yet arrived to.

Yes, cooldown exists, I don't think it's 10 minutes for me, probably 5 minutes. (yes, I have Engineering 3+ intrinsics)

When skill activates with Ordis' voice etc and one doesn't see one or more of those bright blue lines intially appearing (a way) and those special boxes mark which stay, it means nothing was detected (in range).

As a solo player I saw once picked up, the special box mark disappear, but once a non pickable marked point is successfuly scanned after being detected in the mission, it does not disappear for the rest of the mission. I am unsure how this goes in a squad.

Overall I like that skill (yet not "counting" on it)
I don't think it ever took me any Air Support Charge and "to be OK" I tried to report it. Maybe it's intended not to decrease those charges' count though.

Honestly, I've seen absolutely zero reason to get this landing craft, yes it looks 'cute' but the main aspect you'd want is the air support which to put it bluntly is an even worse version of golden instinct, a helminth ability that isn't exactly great in it's own right.

The 10 minute cooldown (like @Lutesque I can't remember having 5 mins either, and I have rank 10 on all railjack intrinsics) and tiny range makes it near pointless, when in the same time I can run golden instinct in different locations at least 5-10 times...

In all honesty both golden instinct and orokin eye could do with buffs to make them useful, lingering effects, larger radius, shorter cooldowns (none for golden instinct, it's energy based), longer trails....honestly I've often found stuff quicker using the radar than using golden instinct. 

edit: just checked, and the sentry gun did have 5 min cooldown, I don't remember override being that short last time I used it though....

Archived