Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diary Of A Heartbroken Tenno

Gigatron-Prime

I can pull off what happened in the trailer quite easily. I do it all the time... Completely at random. Something that awesome cannot be coordinated. It happens when 4 players fight for a common goal... and a beautiful scene of chaos, and death erupts from an unspoken silent synergy... no giving orders, no planning... just pure chaotic carnage in a beautiful symphony of death!

Edited by Arlayn

I can pull off what happened in the trailer quite easily. I do it all the time... Completely at random. Something that awesome cannot be coordinated. It happens when 4 players fight for a common goal... and a beautiful scene of chaos, and death erupts from an unspoken silent synergy... no giving orders, no planning... just pure chaotic carnage in a beautiful symphony of death!

Video or it didn't happen.

This man, has grasped the Tenno way.

Edited by Ionus

Man...
You got to be patient..
You cant just deny her the chance of using melee

I swear, anyone who know the game well enough, can melee the whole way except for boss.

For this one, i think is ur fault, no offense though.

Those trailers sure seem awesome with that cool team synergy and Rhino bashing stuff and Trinity Orthosing everything. However, once I'm in game its just another shooter. Im not sure if I should be angry or cry. Or both. Ninjas play free? Stealth is non existent. Melee is far inferior to a gun. Overall this game is just another shooter with the guise of something different. 

What is this post about? Well, as a longtime player and a new PS4 player with my friends, I've just come to realize that a lot of the things we've accepted are just so erroneous.

When my friend asks me about stealth I shrug and say "All you'll need is your gun dude. This isn't like the trailer at all." Instantly I die inside and feel bad. I remember that same kind of naivite I once had when I was a newb. She promptly charges ahead, sword raised to block enemy fire like she's led to believe in that epic Vor trailer (We all remember which). Again, I am torn inside as I watch my friend get blown away. I walk up with my Loki blasting everything in the face with my Braton. "Thanks", she says. 

"No prob. The blocking in this game doesn't really do anything. Just use your gun."

"How do I roll?" She asks. I check the menu to be sure. "Press R1 I think."

Up ahead we run into a platoon of Grineer. I take aim and watch as my friend charges ahead again. "Wait!" I yell.

She tries to do some fancy evasive moves in between the enemy as she tries to slice everything with her Skana. A Shield Lancer rushes her. Instinctively she raises her sword to block but is blown back. Swarmed and surrounded, she falls again.

"Listen, if you want to get through this mission just use the gun for Christ's sake."

I see a tear roll down her eye. She looks at me.

"I just thought-I thought this game was different." I look away ashamed. "I know."

Pressing the PS button, she picks Killzone from the menu. 

"Let's play a different shooter." A different shooter she says.

A different shooter....

A different shooter...

WARFRAME was just another shooter.

Just to put it in perspective, no one was really stealthy in the trailer at all either. They got the alarm sounded on them, Rhino ruking roared and beat 2 corpus with his hands, Volt could've been silent but instead death-smashed everything with Dual Skana Prime, and the others weren't exactly tring either. Also, real Tenno are master of both gun and blade. I melee all the time and shoot all the time.

I didn't have that problem but some other people are used to God of War / Devil May Cry / Darksiders / etc. where you can soak a lot more damage than you can in Warframe (At least to begin with).

All of those games do not have classes.

Play it like a tactical cover shooter until you have enough shields to live more then 10 Grineer bullets.

We've been saying for long time DE needs to work on their tutorial section. Likely more so than making a new event.

*Edit*

Lets put things in perspective. You are not the four awesome Tenno from DEs trailers. In what video game do you start as the awesome badass ever depicted in video game trailers... except perhaps MassEffect 3, "Carry Over SAVES!"

No, you are like the extras in a Ninja action movie from the late 80s early 90s.

You are this guy, who's about to get whooped by grandpa there.

still-of-victor-wong-in-3-ninjas-large-p

Or these guys, who are about to get stomped by 3 little kids.

3_Ninjas_fighting.jpg

If you thought otherwise you were kidding yourself.

In this picture, guess which Ninja you are. Hit: It's not the guy in black.

NINJA-GAIDEN-2-XBOX-360.jpg

I hope this clears up your relative postions in the "Ninja" hierarchy as you start Warframe.

Edited by Brasten

I hope this clears up your relative postions in the "Ninja" hierarchy as you start Warframe.

Two of those three pictures you posted are perfect demonstrations of the Inverse Ninja Law, which states that "one (or few, where applicable) Ninja is a complete badas;. Many Ninja are faceless goons."

Those trailers sure seem awesome with that cool team synergy and Rhino bashing stuff and Trinity Orthosing everything. However, once I'm in game its just another shooter. Im not sure if I should be angry or cry. Or both. Ninjas play free? Stealth is non existent. Melee is far inferior to a gun. Overall this game is just another shooter with the guise of something different. 

What is this post about? Well, as a longtime player and a new PS4 player with my friends, I've just come to realize that a lot of the things we've accepted are just so erroneous.

When my friend asks me about stealth I shrug and say "All you'll need is your gun dude. This isn't like the trailer at all." Instantly I die inside and feel bad. I remember that same kind of naivite I once had when I was a newb. She promptly charges ahead, sword raised to block enemy fire like she's led to believe in that epic Vor trailer (We all remember which). Again, I am torn inside as I watch my friend get blown away. I walk up with my Loki blasting everything in the face with my Braton. "Thanks", she says. 

"No prob. The blocking in this game doesn't really do anything. Just use your gun."

Up ahead we run into a platoon of Grineer. I take aim and watch as my friend charges ahead again. "Wait!" I yell.

She tries to do some fancy evasive moves in between the enemy as she tries to slice everything with her Skana. A Shield Lancer rushes her. Instinctively she raises her sword to block but is blown back. Swarmed and surrounded, she falls again.

"Listen, if you want to get through this mission just use the gun for Christ's sake."

"I just thought-I thought this game was different." I look away ashamed. "I know."

A different shooter....

A different shooter...

Wait.... so your friend is a new player without some ranked mods trying out stuff and dying and instead of you helping them to learn to do that stuff you just say, "screw it, just shoot." Because you gave up on doing anything but shooting? I dont think you are helping your friend at all. 

Wait.... so your friend is a new player without some ranked mods trying out stuff and dying and instead of you helping them to learn to do that stuff you just say, "screw it, just shoot." Because you gave up on doing anything but shooting? I dont think you are helping your friend at all. 

Sorry Mak, but I think you missed OP's point. He was doing all he could.

This is where I must say that your appetite for challenge is difficult to the point of punishing.

A different shooter....

A different shooter...

Kinda reminds me of when I showed a friend MMX and she saw me play first then wondered how I did everything I had done,  I simply told her practice is all one needs.  Starting out I too did the whole I wanna melee the heck out of all the levels, took me one moment to realize that yes melee is fun but if I'm starting out I need to learn to survive before I go gun-ho or gun-fu.   In the end I found my playstyle after a few days worth of playing, got Ash and found it easier to melee when everything can't see you.  But gunning wise I chose Paris because why not I'm a Ninja be weapon to depict that is a Bow Kunai and a sword.  All in all just tell your friend she'll just need practice and she'll be able to do what she sees in the trailers.   Hell I love wall running and jumping just as I shoot a poor grinneer in the face.

I looked at my collection of frames. There he was, my old Ash in the corner. I decided that it was the time. Time to clean the dust of of him and take him outside to play. Switched to solo and equipped my Dual Ichor.

" Time to melee. "

I went to see my old friend Uncle Ruk. As I started, I made a few swings to try if my finger would still be able to handle the usage of E button. Time to leave Soma home.

As the map was loading, I felt good. I felt like slashing.

Ok, time to go. I ran to meet my first enemy. There he was, Grineer Trooper, unaware of my presence. Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I dashed towards. E. The Trooper was slashed apart. Blood splattered on the wall. I looked at my Ichors. Blood.

I charged to meet my next victims. Room full of Grineer.

Smokescreen. Slashes. Screams. Blood. Bodyparts.

I was shredding them apart. I felt the power of Fury. I saw what kind of damage is Sundering Strike capable of.

Those, who just barely escaped my blades, were slowed down by the ice on my ungodly reapers. I watched them trying to run. I saw their eyes. They looked terrified. Begging for mercy.

I gave none.

I reached Ruk. He taunted me. That was a great mistake. He sent his forces to strike me down.

Bladestorm.

I went invicible. Suddenly one Lancer got his throat sliced apart. Across the room a Scorpion was heard screaming her lungs out. Ruk looked at her. As she fell to the ground, the wounds on her back were bleeding, creating a puddle on the floor. Ruk saw pieces of her spine beside her body. "What kind of monster does that?"

Ruk looked and saw his bodyguard, big and powerful Heavy, looking at him. He calmed down.

Sound of teleport. Ruk saw as the Heavy, now in air, was hit to the chest. Heavy gasped as his Gorgon fell to the ground. I stood in front of him. The heart of that mighty warrior was beating on the tip of my blade.

Final gasp. He fell on the floor and was united with his brother-in-arms.

Ruk shouted and started to fire. Smokescreen.

I kept on slashing and stabbing him. I saw blood and oil on the walls and on me. Ruk was in pain. He casted Bullet Attractor on me. He couldn't hit me. I constantly stunned him. He just kept on trying. "It won't work" I said to him.

"I know."

One more hit and he would be dead. I took a few steps back. Ruk, in great pain, stood up. He was coughing blood and oil. He was fighting to breath.

"I know"

I looked in his eyes.

"Do it"

I took my Ichors. Left one still had heart on it.

I stabbed the right one into Ruk. He gasped. One last cough.

Sargas Ruk was dead.

Lotus congratulated me. I ran to extraction. I felt good.

But yeah, I think melee is viable and will succeed. You just need right mods and you are good to go.

we need MOAR drama OP plis.

You can melee all day in warframe and do fancy stuff as much as you want, ofc mindlessy rushing a group of Grineers with a Skana while they have a shield lancer on their side is "noobie" at best, "complete suicide" at worse.

I wall attack, spin, drop kick and do fancy stuff all day, surely guns are more efficient but that doesnt mean melee is not viable, you just need more skill and a better equip in order to achieve the same effectiveness.

Edited by Phoenix86

Because FMVs have always been firm indicators of how a game plays.

Was going to say the same. I don't see any mention of applying proper tactics, or doing something more sane with a skana like using the charge attack to kill grineer (which does kill them in one shot). Unless there was a lot of paraphrasing, the defeatist attitude helps no one. It would have been more wise to just mention that "Those warframes were super high level in that one video.." because quite obviously most of us here can decimate the masses well into Tier 3, even with just melee. Obviously you don't do it to purposefully become flanked by dudes with guns, which is where a little tactics and wisdom helps far more than "Just shoot".