The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish kuva scepter was better...

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Probably the coolest melee weapon. You literally drain enemies and turn them into energy.

Now if only the weapon had better base stats and didn't stun lock you, because it's kinda hard to use unless you can tank or become invisible in high level missions (even then you better be running a good riven to even take it there in the first place). 

I'm talking about it because Ballas's scepter in New War was very similar to it, in the way it shoots lasers, becomes drained after the quest, and is an Orokin scepter used by a ruler.

Instead of being a decoration it could have been a "prime" version of the broken scepter. Sadly I don't think we'll get another weapon like broken scepter. 

Maybe if impact gets a rework...

48 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Most of the adventure mission weapons in the game are meh.

The weapons that have prime version are the tenno weapons, not the grineer weapons. Adventure mission weapons are usually bad or very specific in they use and don't have other versions of themselves.

Nataruk, skiajati and broken war would like to have a word :P

Just highlighting that there are some good story quest weapons too.

also don't forget power creep exists , so depending on when the quest was released the weapon may have aged poorly.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

also don't forget power creep exists , so depending on when the quest was released the weapon may have aged poorly.

don't forget xoris which is also a quest weapon and performs well.

5 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

In Conclave (PVP)

the Broken(Kuva) Scepter does the Orb Conversion automatically. you don't have to pause and interact with corpses.

?now just why can't it function that way in PvE too?

Seriously? Wut. This should be a thing in PvE too then. Just make it so there's a cooldown on how often you generate orbs 🤦‍♀️

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)haphazardlynamed:

In Conclave (PVP)

the Broken(Kuva) Scepter does the Orb Conversion automatically. you don't have to pause and interact with corpses.

Because it would be fun, no fun allowed!

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

In Conclave (PVP)

wait you actually get connected to people in pvp?  I have tried hundreds of times if not thousands over last 4 years and never once gotten anything but an empty arena  so I say your just making that up

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

True, but this this is one of the few things DE could fix with maybe a minute of effort.

- Orbs of both types have a higher chance to drop when killing enemies with the scepter.

- Remove animation.

- Profit.

If DE really wants to keep the animation, then it should at least make you invulnerable. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

True, but this this is one of the few things DE could fix with maybe a minute of effort.

- Orbs of both types have a higher chance to drop when killing enemies with the scepter.

- Remove animation.

- Profit.

If DE really wants to keep the animation, then it should at least make you invulnerable. 

Oh i agree , standing still for anything is a disincentive, so a more mobile fluid option would be better. 

Maybe finishers ?

as others are saying, the orbs should appear automatically. it can literally just be a melee version of Desecrate, but without boosting mods/resource chances and with the drawback of using an otherwise mediocre weapon in the Melee slot, if you're more of a gun/ability-centric player though, then that's fine, the Broken Scepter would be a great choice for the extra utility benefit. 

19 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Oh i agree , standing still for anything is a disincentive, so a more mobile fluid option would be better. 

Maybe finishers ?

That could work if Staves didn't have the lowest Finisher damage in the game, even if I think one of the Stances actually does have a built-in Finisher move. Even if they didn't some of their Finishers are almost as long as that animation.

Honestly I think the other big problem is that Staves just ... kind of suck? I don't think I've seen anyone use the Staves outside of leveling, even newer players just grab the Skana instead.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

That could work if Staves didn't have the lowest Finisher damage in the game, even if I think one of the Stances actually does have a built-in Finisher move. Even if they didn't some of their Finishers are almost as long as that animation.

Honestly I think the other big problem is that Staves just ... kind of suck? I don't think I've seen anyone use the Staves outside of leveling, even newer players just grab the Skana instead.

Well obviously it's because impact procs are terrible. If de made impact better staves would be more practical.

I'm not even talking about armor, it's just impact damage makes enemies do a little wiggle while slash adds a stacking damage over time, making slash more practical in every situation.

Archived