Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Stream Schedule: August 29 - September 2

[DE]Dudley

On 2022-08-31 at 6:18 PM, [DE]Dudley said:

Tune into twitch.tv/warframe tomorrow, Thursday, September 1st for Prime Time #316! With more hijinks, community highlights, and showcases than we know what to do with, you do not want to miss this. The action begins at 6 p.m. ET and you can earn this week’s drop by watching for 45 minutes. We are offering an Essence of Luck Grab Bag:

Cool, I just learned about this.

Do I have enough time?

Can you please give us a longer then a 24 hour hint about the next streams to be?

Not everyone gets on the forums every day.

3 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Can you please give us a longer then a 24 hour hint about the next streams to be?

Not everyone gets on the forums every day.

They posted about it on 17th Aug, and mentioned it in the devstream last week.

4 hours ago, blubbstar said:

not for me, watched the whole thing.. but got only one..

You get the second one after watching another 45 minutes. You're supposed to claim the drop as it becomes available, to start progress on the next drop. It doesn't carry over extra time spent watching.

20 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

We've had to make a change Tenno, you will receive 35x Steel Essence per claim by watching Prime Time tonight. This means a guaranteed 70x Steel Essence for watching Prime Time for an hour and 30 minutes.

Thank you, and extra thanks for being so quick.  Even if yall took the feedback to heart, I didn't expect you'd change this one.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Pipolo said:

So not Scarlet Spear this year as promised in December? What?

Plague Star?

Have they said anything about Scarlet Spear coming back?  The last thing I firmly recall is them hoping to run it before the New War release.  But that obviously didn't happen.  Maybe I have a vague recollection of Steve saying they wanted to run it again some time after that, but I definitely don't recall any promises.  DE doesn't make a lot of those. 

Based on the last gap, Plague Star might be May 2023. :P

52 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Thank you, and extra thanks for being so quick.  Even if yall took the feedback to heart, I didn't expect you'd change this one.

Have they said anything about Scarlet Spear coming back?  The last thing I firmly recall is them hoping to run it before the New War release.  But that obviously didn't happen.  Maybe I have a vague recollection of Steve saying they wanted to run it again some time after that, but I definitely don't recall any promises.  DE doesn't make a lot of those. 

Based on the last gap, Plague Star might be May 2023. :P

The tendency for promises to be made on social media or otherwise buried in video only is...a thing.  I may hate reddit, but it makes things easier.

18 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

The tendency for promises to be made on social media or otherwise buried in video only is...a thing.

That's two years ago though, and referred to it happening before New War.  If that's what the person I quoted was thinking of,

Spoiler

(Which also happens to be a pretty appropriate description of a post-NW Scarlet Spear.)

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's two years ago though, and referred to it happening before New War.  If that's what the person I quoted was thinking of,

Reveal hidden contents

(Which also happens to be a pretty appropriate description of a post-NW Scarlet Spear.)

So...the point here was that more Scarlet Spear was promised years ago...by people still in Warframe development today.

Regarding the December (2020?) that was claimed, dev stream was 150.  Commentary on it can be found here (don't know the person, just did a basic google search) 

It's almost like they did Scarlet Spear, promised it would come back, injected the rewards into a flagging railjack system so it could be the "other" way to get arcanes, and then DE forgot all about their promises of running things again...because the huge amount of static from the 10-21 arcane requirement increase was dealt with....

Oh yeah, the primary benefit from Scarlet Spear, despite being a buggy mess, was to not have to RNG the eidolons a huge amount of times to get the three platinum rank arcanes...and seems to still be why people want it back.  Kind of like Formastar...oh, wait, I mean Plaguestar.

8 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

So...the point here was that more Scarlet Spear was promised years ago...by people still in Warframe development today

I'm puzzled.  Obviously it's -your- point. It seems like you think I'm disputing it?   I mentioned it before you did, and you quoted me doing so.  「(゚ペ)  What am I misunderstanding here?

You've reminded me though that Orphix Venom could be seen as a promise fulfilled of at least SS rewards coming back.   Maybe DE literally promised the SS format would be coming back unevolved, I don't know.  And before you go trying to dig that up for my benefit, I'd find proof of that broken promise interesting, but that's about it.

What I was responding to was what somebody else said, unless it's an alt of yours.  I'll bold the important part:

So not Scarlet Spear this year as promised in December? What?

If there's been a Scarlet Spear promised for this year, I'm not aware of it.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm puzzled.  Obviously it's -your- point. It seems like you think I'm disputing it?   I mentioned it before you did, and you quoted me doing so.  「(゚ペ)  What am I misunderstanding here?

You've reminded me though that Orphix Venom could be seen as a promise fulfilled of at least SS rewards coming back.   Maybe DE literally promised the SS format would be coming back unevolved, I don't know.  And before you go trying to dig that up for my benefit, I'd find proof of that broken promise interesting, but that's about it.

What I was responding to was what somebody else said, unless it's an alt of yours.  I'll bold the important part:

If there's been a Scarlet Spear promised for this year, I'm not aware of it.

You start out rational, then decide to strawman and pick a fight?

I never dispute anything, I simply state this is the reality.  Likewise, it's bizarro that you decide I have alt accounts, more bizarro that I would respond on one rather than on the original, but most bizarro that you've linked all of this back to...a sideways interpretation of what I said about the rewards and DE forgetting about their promises...that you are unaware of (presumably because they still assume that we forget that crap...until "when ghoul saw DE?" floods their chat).

All of this was predicated on promising the new war well before railjack.  They release railjack, and screw with arcanes.  They decide to "address" it with Scarlet Spear.  They then promise more Scarlet Spear so that people don't get angry that this is a one and done thing for arcane earnings.  They then backpedal on that promise, by having the rewards placed in the failing railjack mode.  They then finally stop cranking out new open worlds long enough to release a years old promised end to the new war...and entirely forget (I'm assuming it wasn't malicious) about a promise to repeat the event whose entire driver was to make the long haul RNG crap from eidolons less transparently an insult to us....

Cool.  It's like you think any of the above is a personal attack, rather than recounting reality.  If I wanted to attack you I'd probably start with the event sucking the chrome out of a bumper and a litany of how DE has a less than honest history...but I don't have the energy for that.  I am just stating history...you shouldn't be looking for a fight when this is not an opinion response.

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

You start out rational, then decide to strawman and pick a fight?

I never dispute anything, I simply state this is the reality.  Likewise, it's bizarro that you decide I have alt accounts, more bizarro that I would respond on one rather than on the original, but most bizarro that you've linked all of this back to...a sideways interpretation of what I said about the rewards and DE forgetting about their promises...that you are unaware of (presumably because they still assume that we forget that crap...until "when ghoul saw DE?" floods their chat).

All of this was predicated on promising the new war well before railjack.  They release railjack, and screw with arcanes.  They decide to "address" it with Scarlet Spear.  They then promise more Scarlet Spear so that people don't get angry that this is a one and done thing for arcane earnings.  They then backpedal on that promise, by having the rewards placed in the failing railjack mode.  They then finally stop cranking out new open worlds long enough to release a years old promised end to the new war...and entirely forget (I'm assuming it wasn't malicious) about a promise to repeat the event whose entire driver was to make the long haul RNG crap from eidolons less transparently an insult to us....

Cool.  It's like you think any of the above is a personal attack, rather than recounting reality.  If I wanted to attack you I'd probably start with the event sucking the chrome out of a bumper and a litany of how DE has a less than honest history...but I don't have the energy for that.  I am just stating history...you shouldn't be looking for a fight when this is not an opinion response.

I've read this a few times, as well as the previous exchanges, and clearly I went wrong somewhere early on that started this ball rolling.  But I honestly don't know exactly where, not until that last post.  I can  see that coming off as hostile, particularly if you were starting to interpret my previous replies that way.  It wasn't meant to be, but I could have worded it better so that it wouldn't be read as an attack. 

Apologies for the comment about alts.  That wasn't intended to be an accusation.  It's not even something I  see as being accusation-worthy.   It's just something people have been known to do on forums, sometimes accidentally, and it didn't seem impossible it was happening here.

As far as the actual subject of this conversation goes...I've said my piece.

7 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

So...the point here was that more Scarlet Spear was promised years ago...by people still in Warframe development today.

Agree. To clarify, nobody gets a pass because they spun up a new team and left others holding the bag. Also, they still work at DE, it's not like they left the company and all promises they made are void somehow.

Am 2.9.2022 um 21:43 schrieb master_of_destiny:

Regarding the December (2020?) that was claimed, dev stream was 150.  Commentary on it can be found here (don't know the person, just did a basic google search) 

It's almost like they did Scarlet Spear, promised it would come back, injected the rewards into a flagging railjack system so it could be the "other" way to get arcanes, and then DE forgot all about their promises of running things again...because the huge amount of static from the 10-21 arcane requirement increase was dealt with....

Oh yeah, the primary benefit from Scarlet Spear, despite being a buggy mess, was to not have to RNG the eidolons a huge amount of times to get the three platinum rank arcanes...and seems to still be why people want it back.  Kind of like Formastar...oh, wait, I mean Plaguestar.

Only scanned quickly through the dev stream 150 - unless I missed something, they say in this stream (around 40:00) the wont run scarlet spear a second time (that year) and the scarlet spear rewards would be part of Operation orphix venom

Archived