The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about upcoming Wukong/ammo nerfs

(PSN)ToXicChaoS87

2 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

and where can you play with the trash tactic? on normal earth defence?

Works just fine on Steel Path Zariman and Steel Path Kuva Fortress (with appropriate Melee and CO primer). Also does a good job against Sisters and Liches of all levels. It's not the tactic that's trash - it's your implementation of it.

I guess posting gifs is easier than learning how to play the game...

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (NSW)BalticBarbarian:

Works just fine on Steel Path Zariman and Steel Path Kuva Fortress (with appropriate Melee and CO primer). Also does a good job against Sisters and Liches of all levels. It's not the tactic that's trash - it's your implementation of it.

I guess posting gifs is easier than learning how to play the game...

that's what you say to someone who has all the content on farm status. but to each his own......

and a lot of things work here.. you can even play with mk1-braton without mods on sp. does it make sense? just not.

CaringDishonestAnnashummingbird-size_res

6 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

that's what you say to someone who has all the content on farm status.

Not really sure what you were trying to say with this sentence, but you have clearly failed. I guess posting gifs is also easier than writing coherent sentences.

If you were attempting to claim that I have a lot of in-game items left to farm - then you are sorely mistaken. Sure, my Lavan Talyns and some of the Kuva weapons are not at max yet, and my collection is still missing a few of the mods I am never going to use. But I can definitely say that I have gone through all the content available in-game fairly comprehensively.

13 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

does it make sense?

Playing a video game the way you enjoy playing that video game and that does not detract from other players' enjoyment? Yes, yes it definitely does.

Your responses? No, not particularly

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (NSW)BalticBarbarian:

Not really sure what you were trying to say with this sentence, but you have clearly failed. I guess posting gifs is also easier than writing coherent sentences.

If you were attempting to claim that I have a lot of in-game items left to farm - then you are sorely mistaken. Sure, my Lavan Talyns and some of the Kuva weapons are not at max yet, and my collection is still missing a few of the mods I am never going to use. But I can definitely say that I have gone through all the content available in-game fairly comprehensively.

Playing a video game the way you enjoy playing that video game and that does not detract from other players' enjoyment? Yes, yes it definitely does.

Your responses? No, not particularly

somehow you're overheated...
because it's about discussion and you keep trying to attack me. this can't work at all!

my message is simple: the tactic is bad and a complete waste of time. this can't work at all! because many things can be done MUCH faster and in the time you can get a lot more reward!

but you don't want to hear that. however. I have no desire for such nonsense.

giphy.gif

Gerade eben schrieb (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon:

I feel fun on melee now and I finished looting on solo Railjack and annoying bosses, Iso vault, fishing, mining, etc. 

So I don't care whether Wukong is deleted or not, ammo is squeezed or not.

that's OK too.
but what about beginners who depend on normal wukong? because the whole thing would only frustrate the players POINTLESS...

19 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

somehow you're overheated...
because it's about discussion and you keep trying to attack me. this can't work at all!

my message is simple: the tactic is bad and a complete waste of time. this can't work at all! because many things can be done MUCH faster and in the time you can get a lot more reward!

but you don't want to hear that. however. I have no desire for such nonsense.

giphy.gif

You don't do discussion, just babble some incoherent gibberish and disappear in a gif.

Just now, Venus-Venera said:

that's OK too.
but what about beginners who depend on normal wukong? because the whole thing would only frustrate the players POINTLESS...

Absolutely, doom to beginners.

But DE deleted my opinion by merging my postings, which you replied many, to a new postong which is favor to Devs. 

I don' care whatever now

5 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

What is the reward from playing a video game? Does having an extra 10000000 Nano Spores help you in life? Does the extra 100000 Cryotic pay for your weekly shopping?

Warframe is not my job - it is my hobby, something I use to relax. Same for most people here. So the true test of any in-game tactic isn't "does it kill an enemy 0.01 seconds faster?" or "does it do more red crits?" or "does it give you more loot". It is "does the tactic make the game enjoyable for the player?"

Does the Melee Wukong approach work? Yes, it definitely does. At most (if not all) objectives currently available in-game. Is it the fastest/most efficient/etc. tactic around? No. But why would that matter? Plenty of players (including myself) enjoy using that tactic - therefore it is good. If you don't  - try something else!

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon:

But DE deleted my opinion by merging my postings, which you replied many, to a new postong which is favor to Devs. 

I don' care whatever now

actually me too. although I hate to admit it.
because new players are extremely important. and I tried to support as many as possible in the game.

unfortunately it doesn't work because they are getting killed by the mindless updates and their items become pointless.

Unfortunately, all the discussions hardly have any effect. because they are completely ignored by devs...

14 hours ago, (PSN)ToXicChaoS87 said:

Yes i have been maining Wukong nope im not one of the aoe/afk ones, i see the clone will now use my ammo so my question about this will you be updating the trash ai of the clone im currently using Phantasma on my clone but so often he will sit there constantly firing at an enemy miles out of range, so effectively if you dont at least update the ai to only fire when enemy is in range of currently equipped weapon he will just sit there expend all your ammo with zero benefit..... 

14 hours ago, (PSN)ToXicChaoS87 said:

so essentially his 1 is now just a ammo dump, gotcha switching to octavia main lol

Zarr, Barma, or a sniper rifle. 

Our pet AI's only sees the map without the walls, that's why they seem to fire at nothing. There's no reason to stop playing Wukong because of the monkey AI, just have it work for you.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

Beginners should be fine.

Loadouts only really start to matter on Arbitrations/Steel Path and only with a couple of normal starchart bosses. Considering how far away all of these have been pushed (all of starchart, railjack and necramech farm, New War and Zariman just to get to Arbitrations), they should have a decent mod/equipment collection long before they get to the point where these nerfs would be an issue.

You can definitely do all of this without a Bramma - and a lot of earlier weapons have a pretty decent ammo efficiency

4 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Beginners should be fine.

Loadouts only really start to matter on Arbitrations/Steel Path and only with a couple of normal starchart bosses. Considering how far away all of these have been pushed (all of starchart, railjack and necramech farm, New War and Zariman just to get to Arbitrations), they should have a decent mod/equipment collection long before they get to the point where these nerfs would be an issue.

You can definitely do all of this without a Bramma - and a lot of earlier weapons have a pretty decent ammo efficiency

I already wrote "I don't care" 

Whether devs delete wukong, it's ok. 

15 hours ago, (PSN)ToXicChaoS87 said:

Yes i have been maining Wukong nope im not one of the aoe/afk ones, i see the clone will now use my ammo so my question about this will you be updating the trash ai of the clone im currently using Phantasma on my clone but so often he will sit there constantly firing at an enemy miles out of range, so effectively if you dont at least update the ai to only fire when enemy is in range of currently equipped weapon he will just sit there expend all your ammo with zero benefit..... 

I sure hope not.  Wuclone with its current AI is the best early warning system we got for Open World maps.  If you're worried about him wasting ammo, then either use a hitscan or a battery weapon.

8 hours ago, MqToasty said:

I sure hope not.  Wuclone with its current AI is the best early warning system we got for Open World maps.  If you're worried about him wasting ammo, then either use a hitscan or a battery weapon.

yeah i probably will have to change his weapon, probably should of looked at upcoming potential nerfs before returning to the game and being like ohh monkey cool thats my frame, and investing so heavily into it lol

8 hours ago, (PSN)ToXicChaoS87 said:

yeah i probably will have to change his weapon, probably should of looked at upcoming potential nerfs before returning to the game and being like ohh monkey cool thats my frame, and investing so heavily into it lol

Well, just try a few different builds when the update drops.  Honestly, this nerf sounds incredibly mild and there is a good chance you will barely feel it at all unless you were specifically exploiting the Wuclone for its infinite ammo.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PSN)ToXicChaoS87:

there are enough guns with unlimited ammo.
and.... do you also play wukong with mele????.... warframe has 0 mele advantages...

Explosions are what make the clone actually hit things. Crew Members are also terrible with all non-explosives and will shoot a sniper rifle at the ground when an enemy is straight ahead. Is the clone actually wasting our ammo and not getting it's own ammo pool? Cuz that would be really odd.

I hope they refund all the forma including Umbra that has been spent on Wukong. 

On 2022-08-31 at 5:07 PM, (PSN)ToXicChaoS87 said:

I had this issue with the fulmin, so I switched to a shotgun.

Now that I'm modding my new bubonico this update shouldn't be a problem.

On 2022-09-01 at 7:50 AM, Venus-Venera said:

that's OK too.

Clone is still useful tho, it has the augument for AoE stun (which btw affects eximus), and if you mark the enemy the clone just shows up and instakills that enemy. 

You also could use iron staff, group enemies, then switch back to melee for your clone to use it's weapon and kill them.

On 2022-09-02 at 5:01 AM, Venus-Venera said:

there are enough guns with unlimited ammo.
and.... do you also play wukong with mele????.... warframe has 0 mele advantages...

Warframe has plenty of advantages for melee, the combat feels different, melee weapons are still very good and shred through enemies without a need to aim, glaives AREN'T getting nerfed next patch, 

oh wait, I almost forgot, 

I started Warframe because of how fun the melee combat was, and I'm sure a lot of others did too.

In that case, melee is very beneficial for the game as a whole.

15 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Explosions are what make the clone actually hit things. Crew Members are also terrible with all non-explosives and will shoot a sniper rifle at the ground when an enemy is straight ahead. Is the clone actually wasting our ammo and not getting it's own ammo pool? Cuz that would be really odd.

I hope they refund all the forma including Umbra that has been spent on Wukong. 

when he didnt bug out and target things miles out of range he was pretty damn spot on with hitting everything in range, funny you mention the snipers i just put Rubico Prime on him just to test it out havn't had him shooting at the floor yet, have had him refuse to walk around a pillar to shoot the enemy instead he just keeps firing at the pillar lol, also sometimes he will expend the ammo in the clip and refuse to reload the gun until i despawn respawn him.

Yeah me to better get my forma and umbras back :(

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I like how despite the fact the ammo issue barely sounds like a problem everyone is freaking out and jumping ship. 

Like come on? It's not like they're removing guns from the clone, or giving it a 10 second duration. 

You guys know AoE is also getting less ammo, should we get our pitchforks out for that too?

not a major freak out mainly just curious right now its not a problem, but if i do the same thing as my clone does sometimes my entire ammo is gone in less than a minute, so it could become a problem, i like wukong so ill try make it work but if it does happen to make the clone trash, and the buff to staff is good enough, ill just put staff back on and replace the clone with pillage instead, 

Archived