Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote Kick System

XionTheDark

A vote kick system is really needed for this game. There has been dozen of times I have started a bounty with friends and we get that one random player that joins later on in the the bounty and just afks the entire time, gaining the rewards that we have done without playing or doing anything. It's also a issue that when playing missions with friends and don't mind having a extra random on the team, then after the mission is complete the random player afks, not leaving from the squad and basically forcing your already formed squad to leave the squad and make a new one. Its a minor annoyance and a issue with the game that can be fixed with just a simple system.

I don't mind random players joining a squad to make it a full squad, and I don't mind playing with other players. Its just the inconvenience of dealing with griefers or having to disband a already made squad just because of one player that's the issue.

vote kicking would destroy this community even more because of the toxic player base as seen in other games being kicked 2 sec into a map before you even load in is just stupidly crappy design. best idea i can see is bring a skilled player to other skilled players but that again leads to no one will play with a person that needs help but then again there's recruit chat :D

vote kicking is something that should be added but only be available in navigation because certain frames (limbo, wukong, maybe even saryn and wisp depending on the situation) are just going to get spam kicked and not be able to play on public. especially problematic in fissures where you are basically required to run public.

I agree with the leave as group solution or basically any other attempt at a solution for such issues, other than vote to kick. 

I've read too many comments from players who have wanted to kick people for being too low level, too high level, using certain Warframes, not using certain Warframes, stabbing, not stabbing, using certain weapons, not using certain weapons, dying, failing a hack, failing a spy vault, and all sorts. The player behaviour you describe, are also very annoying too, and a legitimate issue but yeah (more so the AFK in missions part specifically). For behaviour thats reportable, you should report. The AFK after mission, part and not leaving when you are in a group, eh, that is annoying, but not as bad. I would try not to conflate the two. Both should have different methods of address/correction. 

47 minutes ago, XionTheDark said:

A vote kick system is really needed for this game.

The game doesn't need a vote kick system. You do, otherwise you wouldn't be asking for something this ridiculous for a PvE game.

Maybe stop using Matchmaking in Public, and either ask for help when needed or make private squads that share the same goals as you.

Something that I don't see enough people suggesting:

Why don't we have a votekick prompt appear when someone triggers the AFK timer? That way, people can boot out an AFK teammate (or keep them in if desired), and it can't be abused since only players who trip the AFK timer can be kicked.

1 Way to avoid afkers if have group of friends, just set squad to invite only, or friends only. So no random people join.

But yea if they are realy afk then only on some longer missions the afk kick will trigger- like disruption/excavation/defense and survival + the new zariman missions.

But having votekick system is gonna get abused. Same there are people who on purpose dont go to extraction just to spite people or there are hosts who at extraction decided to leave and there for ruin rewards for others via host migration.

Safer option is if you realy have proof of people be afk , make screenshots/video it, and report then. And eventualy bad faith people get some lessons taught.

And run missions in pre recruited/invite or friend only squads or solo. So there is no chance for random afker to appear.

If run mission on public all the shenanigans is the price one pays.

But in general votekick system is noneed. Since you have all the options given on get go to avoid the situation. Recruit chat. Rest is your own fault if went to do things with randoms, so to say. 

Tweeks to afk trigger could be maybe better. But then again i have been punished for beeing afk while doing all the kills in defense mission.... So had to miss out on certain wave rotation reward, which is not good.

8 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

vote kicking is something that should be added but only be available in navigation because certain frames (limbo, wukong, maybe even saryn and wisp depending on the situation) are just going to get spam kicked and not be able to play on public. especially problematic in fissures where you are basically required to run public.

i'm not gonna make any statements about a votekick system, but reading your reply: isnt the actual problem here the design of the frames? like, ask yourself real hard as to why there are frames in the game that are designed in a way that people dont want to play with them, yet they remain the way they are. this seems like an avoidable source of frustration.

On 2022-09-06 at 4:04 AM, shut said:

Something that I don't see enough people suggesting:

Why don't we have a votekick prompt appear when someone triggers the AFK timer? That way, people can boot out an AFK teammate (or keep them in if desired), and it can't be abused since only players who trip the AFK timer can be kicked.

Because there are valid reasons to AFK, real life and all that, and idling for 2mins out of a 10 minute survival just to be kicked at the end is pointless and people will abuse it just to troll... just like they abuse the zariman self-extract when they're hosts.

The solution to these things are already present in other places:

- leave squad at any time to migrate yourself to solo, this is usable in open worlds and it should be an option everywhere.

- self-extract with 30/60s timer for host and instantly for clients.

What's left to be solved is the "leave squad" part for host, not sure how one can force host to consider everyone else there in case they're oblivious to what they're gonna do...

But I know one thing, the game should never kick you to orbiter because migration failed or some other BS, it should keep your version of the map loaded and migrate you to solo if you fail to join the new picked host.

EDIT: hmm, maybe your AFK-only kick vote could work if the kick actually means they're migrated to solo, not actually booted to orbiter.

Somebody doesn't like something on your loadout? Kicked.
Somebody doesn't like your choice of frame? Kicked.
Somebody doesn't think you're good enough? Kicked.
Doesn't like your energy color? Kicked.
Not speedrunning some meta ideal niche grind? Kicked.

This gives someone else permission to tell you what to bring, or get lobbed into loading screen limbo over petty power trips. This has been discussed a thousand times over.

If you have griefers being a bother in mission, imagine if they get the ability to kick you out right before mission success? Imagine if they had control over whether you get to play or not? Think that one through.

3 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

Because there are valid reasons to AFK, real life and all that, and idling for 2mins out of a 10 minute survival just to be kicked at the end is pointless and people will abuse it just to troll... just like they abuse the zariman self-extract when they're hosts.

If you need to AFK for a valid reason like that, then just let your teammates know, and they can simply choose not to votekick you when the AFK timer triggers. If they decide that they don't want an AFKer in their party regardless of the validity of the reason, then that's their choice.

No votekick abuse is possible with this system. If you want a completely 100% foolproof method of not getting booted, then don't go AFK for minutes at a time.

just have it disabled in premade partys. if you play public, you never stay longer than 1-4 rotations of anything anyway. losing out on rewards from getting kicked is like nothing because begin afk for like 2 minutes is like being afk for half the mission already lol

14 hours ago, shut said:

If you need to AFK for a valid reason like that, then just let your teammates know, and they can simply choose not to votekick you when the AFK timer triggers. If they decide that they don't want an AFKer in their party regardless of the validity of the reason, then that's their choice.

No votekick abuse is possible with this system. If you want a completely 100% foolproof method of not getting booted, then don't go AFK for minutes at a time.

Yeah, as long as the "kick" is to migrate solo and not to orbiter, then it'll be fair because you're not forcing them to end their mission, you're just choosing not to play with them anymore.

14 hours ago, iHaku said:

just have it disabled in premade partys. if you play public, you never stay longer than 1-4 rotations of anything anyway. losing out on rewards from getting kicked is like nothing because begin afk for like 2 minutes is like being afk for half the mission already lol

I dunno what game you've been playing, 4 rotations on most game modes is usually 20mins xD

EDIT: oh yeah this reminds me, there are also people abusing staying dead for the entire mission and then come back at the end of it to get rewards, like acolyte in SP survival... so I'm a bit more in favor of the vote-migrate for AFK =)

5 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

I dunno what game you've been playing, 4 rotations on most game modes is usually 20mins xD

you might've not understood what i said. getting kicked in a 1 rotation game *is like nothing* because it only lasts 5 minutes *at most* and thats generous because a lot of modes are even shorter. why? because you do not stay 4 rotations in public lobbies in the overwhelming majority of the games.

9 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

Yeah, as long as the "kick" is to migrate solo and not to orbiter, then it'll be fair because you're not forcing them to end their mission, you're just choosing not to play with them anymore.

I haven't thought of that, but yeah, that sounds amazing! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-09 at 2:29 PM, iHaku said:

you might've not understood what i said. getting kicked in a 1 rotation game *is like nothing* because it only lasts 5 minutes *at most* and thats generous because a lot of modes are even shorter. why? because you do not stay 4 rotations in public lobbies in the overwhelming majority of the games.

You did say 1-4 rotations :P but no matter, you can stay 2 rotations in public ones too because of being "forced" to, by: sorties, lotus alerts, syndicate, etc.

But also the concern only applies if you get kicked to orbiter, if you however are forced to migrate to solo then there's no problem as you can still finish the mission on your own if it's a survival or interception or some other kind that runs on its own and you can afk for a bit and still finish it.

I don't think it should be turned off for pre-made either, as that does not mean you're with friends, it can also mean you're doing recruit-chat stuff and they can still abuse afk-ness. If you are indeed playing with people you trust then you do not need to worry about the afk kick thing.

TL;DR  I'm all for voting to "kick" people that trigger the AFK timer as long as they're migrated to solo, not kicked to orbiter.

Archived