Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amber Shard's interactions with Equilibrum

Wawus

Swazto-lah.

I believe I can't be the only one to notice that the Amber Shard was an unspoken gift to almost promise interesting interactions due to ir's two interesting choices:

- Energy Orb Efficiency

- Health Orb Efficiency

I was tremendously disappointed to find out, that my lucky Tauforged shard did not work as assumed. I was looking at the interesting option it would give Nekros due to his fantastic health orb spam ability and running Equilibrum on him by default I found out that ONLY HEALTH is increased (from 25 to 62) and converted energy from the Hea.th Orbs by the mod is still set on the base 25. In that case I also assume that the same interaction would be other way around (Energy Orb Efficiency with Energy Orb would give more energy but still base 25 Health).

Is this intended? If so it hardly is a Health Orb Efficiency, sounds more like Health Gain Increase (going by assumption that Equilibrum converts the Orb). A little disappointed this interaction is not as fun as the premise suggested.

11 minutes ago, Wawus said:

If so it hardly is a Health Orb Efficiency, sounds more like Health Gain Increase (going by assumption that Equilibrum converts the Orb).

Going by that assumption, the orb is still the same value as ever, and the shard isn't changing anything about the orb's values, only the amount of health you gain. Equilibrium values are based on a percentage of the orb's values and not the amount you actually gain from it, I'd assume, so if the shard doesn't affect the orb, Equilibrium doesn't get affected.

Just now, Pakaku said:

Going by that assumption, the orb is still the same value as ever, and the shard isn't changing anything about the orb's values, only the amount of health you gain. Equilibrium values are based on a percentage of the orb's values and not the amount you actually gain from it, I'd assume.

Yeah, it feels that mechanics are copy-pasted from something like Arcane Energize where the value is applied after Orb's initial pickup calculation (hence why Arcane Energise does not grant insane amounts of health when triggered with Equilibrum). Shame, really hoping it's an oversight.

Considering that we have a few things that increase the effectiveness of orbs now, they should really change Equilibrium's wording to 'base value.' There's really nothing in there currently where a player that hasn't been wiki-diving wouldn't think that they would synergize. 

And honestly, I think they should synergize, but DE gonna DE.

1 hour ago, Wawus said:

I was tremendously disappointed to find out, that my lucky Tauforged shard did not work as assumed.

You were tremendously disappointed that the archon shard didn't further break the already overpowered Equilibrium mod? What...

Some people, man...

On any frame that can use Equilibrium effectively there is absolutely, categorically, no need for extra energy/heatlh.

Archived