The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Prime confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Image with design:

p_silveira

7 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re wrong

And are you going to point out where I'm wrong about what you said? 

You specifically said Mesmer skin was a vampire ability and not an eidolon ability because "eidolons don't make enemies sleep" 

And then I said it's both because vampires don't use shields;they are already immortal.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

And are you going to point out where I'm wrong about what you said? 

You specifically said Mesmer skin was a vampire ability and not an eidolon ability because "eidolons don't make enemies sleep" 

And then I said it's both because vampires don't use shields;they are already immortal.

I already made a post explaining how you were wrong and you chose to ignore it and repeat the same thing again.

9 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Eh, their assessment is up to their own interpretation—so saying it's "wrong" is somewhat goofy.

What isn't up for interpretation is that Revenant is a literal revenant of the warden and the warden's current abilities have been influenced by having spent time as the captive anchor of the Eidolan...who just so happens to be a revenant of a Sentient.

The Eidolan's abilities are Sentient-like and Revenant's abilities are Eidolan-like... It's not a tough concept to grasp.

Which, with respect, makes the question of whether Revenant should have a vampire theme, likewise, somewhat goofy...

No one know what type of warframe the warden actually was so assuming otherwise to make the point of asking such a question makes the point inherently goofy.

Regardless, Revenant has the theme they gave it whether players like it or not.  

Well I explained before that it’s a lose/lose with Wardens abilities now.

Warden doesn’t have Vampire powers: Means Revenant got vampire powers from the Eidolon. Which doesn’t any sense.

Warden does have vampire powers: means that Revenant received next to nothing from the Eidolon and calls into question why DE even bothered with the Eidolon theme if the original intention was clearly to make a vampire frame.

DE put the theme on him. They can just as easily take it off with a rework.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I mean it the last Dev Stream Rebecca explained Revenant is both Eidolon and Vampire theme. So I’m not sure what the argument is about. I mean if it’s about Rebecca being wrong about something she helped design, than I’ve got news for you. 

She’s not wrong. Revenant has a vampire theme. The issue he shouldn’t. Because absolutely nothing in the game justifies its existence.

Revenants concept art was the first thing completed and it’s was labeled as “Eidolon Warframe”. When he was being made into an actual Warframe the design team gave Rebecca the opportunity to make his abilities (they were all busy with ForTuna). Now for whatever reason. She chose to give him vampire themed abilities in favor of Eidolon themed abilities. After his reveal Steve took issue with the lack of Eidolon-ness of Revenants kit so they swapped the AOE sleep for Danse Macabre and gave him a different passive.

Literally the only reason Revenant has a vampire theme is because Rebecca disregarded his Eidolon theme to give him vampire powers. There is no in game lore to back it up. It was a bad creative decision.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Warden doesn’t have Vampire powers: Means Revenant got vampire powers from the Eidolon. Which doesn’t any sense.

You don't know that... which, incidentally, makes such an argument goofy.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Warden does have vampire powers: means that Revenant received next to nothing from the Eidolon and calls into question why DE even bothered with the Eidolon theme if the original intention was clearly to make a vampire frame.

It means Revenant got Eidolan flavoring which is about as much as any other frame gets when they get hybridized.
Nidus, for example, is merely an "infested flavored" warframe as evidenced by not taking additional damage from the sources that Infested do...

Put simply, all you know is that you don't like that the frame has a dual theme as opposed to being purely Eidolan themed— A point that's irrelevant given that it's years old.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE put the theme on him. They can just as easily take it off with a rework.

And they aren't going to when they could just as easily make a new frame instead...

You can trot that act with someone newer than you and maybe they'll actually fall for it though. 

It's a nifty act on your part but you can't seriously be so entitled as to think that DE will change an entire theme and powerset on your half-baked say-so.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

She’s not wrong. Revenant has a vampire theme. The issue he shouldn’t. Because absolutely nothing in the game justifies its existence.

So the devs themselves can't decide what they want to make now?

Why does Lavos have cooldowns? What does it have to do with alchemy? Who cares, he's cool & fun to play

Yareli is water themed, what does it have to do with a k-drive?

Limbo is a stage magician, what does it have to do with maths?

Atlas is a brawler, what does it have to do with rocks?

1 minute ago, Padre_Akais said:

You don't know that... which, incidentally, makes such an argument goofy.

It means Revenant got Eidolan flavoring which is about as much as any other frame gets when they get hybridized.
Nidus, for example, is merely an "infested flavored" warframe as evidenced by not taking additional damage from the sources that Infested do...

Put simply, all you know is that you don't like that the frame has a dual theme as opposed to being purely Eidolan themed— A point that's irrelevant given that it's years old.

And they aren't going to when they could just as easily make a new frame instead...

You can trot that act with someone newer than you and maybe they'll actually fall for it though. 

It's a nifty act on your part but you can't seriously be so entitled as to think that DE will change an entire theme and powerset on your half-baked say-so.

the age of the argument does No make it any less valid.

The difference with Nidus is that lore wise he is supposed to be the way he is.

Revenant is a purely unique case where he was modified by an outside source after being made by Ballas. But we have nothing on how Revenant worked prior to being corrupted. And given the complete lack of info on how he was before the corruption were ultimately lead to believe that he was changed enough to be completely different. Yet somehow he has a theme on him that makes zero sense being on him.

Well they could’ve easily fixed the whole issue with a new frame with Caliban. But he was released, barely touched and DE swiftly moved on to half bake Gyre.

2 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Based on what?

The fact that his backstory is he was captured and corrupted by Eidolons to the point where he became an Eidolon Warframe.

And at no point in that sentence was vampires mentioned.

Vampires aren’t part of his backstory. Nothing vampire-like or vampire related. So the vampire theme makes zero sense being on him.

Now take the fact that we know that the only things that can become Eidolons are sentient. As both the Eidolon sentients and Natah have done it. That means that Revenant was turned sentient enough to become an Eidolon himself. That right there is more than enough to justify a fully Eidolon theme. And yet somehow there’s this vampire theme that literally came out of nowhere, has no excuse to be on him. And yet it’s on him.

20 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

So the devs themselves can't decide what they want to make now?

Why does Lavos have cooldowns? What does it have to do with alchemy? Who cares, he's cool & fun to play

Yareli is water themed, what does it have to do with a k-drive?

Atlas is a brawler, what does it have to do with rocks?

they can make whatever they want. But it’s not a good idea whatsoever to take a Warframe concept with an established theme, disregard that theme entirely, and throw a completely different and unrelated theme onto them simply because you would much rather make abilities for that theme even tho that wasn’t the original assignment. It would be like being given Gauss’s concept, being told his theme is kinetic energy, and then making Grendels kit and putting it on Gauss because you wanted to make a devourer themed frame instead. If you want to make a devourer frame then pick a concept that actually fits on. Don’t just force it onto a completely unrelated frame.

Ok with Lavos you’re just going to get into an argument with me about how his cooldowns just hold him back. As a whole his theme makes sense. He deals in alchemy, he has snakes which represent the Ouroboros which is a symbol in alchemy. It makes sense.

Yareli kind of has a sea life thing going on with her, and Merulina is some sort of sea creature. Also sea creatures live in water. Makes sense. Remember she’s the inspiration for k-drives in world, not a kdrive rider herself.

Limbos theme isn’t math. His theme is magician. Which ties into him switching things from one plane of reality to another. It’s like sleight of hand.

Atlas. I mean how else are you going to hit someone with a rock?

Also dude, someone already tried this angle like 2 years ago and they didn’t get anywhere with it. You know why? Because all the other frames themes make sense. Revenants doesn’t.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The fact that his backstory is he was captured and corrupted by Eidolons to the point where he became an Eidolon Warframe.

Except that is wrong...

This is Revenant, the returned - the condemned. Harnessing the essence of Eidolon and warrior alike, he mystifies and obliterates his foes.

Revenant serves last rites for the souls he leaves on fire, without a plea for mercy.
—Lotus

It clearly notes Eidolan and ..

And at no point in that sentence was vampires mentioned.

Vampires aren’t part of his backstory. Nothing vampire-like or vampire related. So the vampire theme makes zero sense being on him.

Vampire doesn't have to be mentioned as it's not relevant.
They also didn't mention Harrow being Clergy during that quest either—Same for Inaros being a Mummy.
Nor was Mesa called a Cowgirl, or Oberon a fairy king
I also feel like I'd recall Loki giving birth to a 6 legged horse or at least the mention made of it...

Now take the fact that we know that the only things that can become Eidolons are sentient. As both the Eidolon sentients and Natah have done it. That means that Revenant was turned sentient enough to become an Eidolon himself. That right there is more than enough to justify a fully Eidolon theme. And yet somehow there’s this vampire theme that literally came out of nowhere, has no excuse to be on him. And yet it’s on him.

Anything can become an Eidolan provided it dies and comes back as a specter of it's formal self. That's the literal definition of the word...
There isn't any portion of the lore that has asserted that the warden was made sentient or "sentient enough to become an Eidolan himself" 
The only things we know are that the warden got trapped into being an anchor for the Eidolan and once free it became a Revenant who's powers become affected by the Eidolan who had him trapped... And then got named as such.

So basically, You've just cobbled some fan-fiction of what you wanted to see instead of simply accepting what you were actually told in the first place.

Your argument, like the logic behind it, is full of holes you filled in with "you-fiction".

Truth told, You don't have to stop spouting this stuff— but you probably ought to...

The problem with Revenant is that DE said that this frame would have a clear cut theme but instead of giving us a frame with a clear cut theme, they hashed it together with multiple themes. You don't hear "vampire frame" and think lasers. Usually we hear about the theme/inspiration after the frame has been made and revealed like with Styanax as a more recent example. In revenant's case imo, they failed to deliver a vamp frame. They said vamp frame but we got an eidolon warframe instead. 

Imagine if DE told us we were getting a spider themed warframe but got Valkyr instead. That's essentially how I feel about Revenant. 

Thank god they actually kept on theme for the upcoming werewolf frame. 

14 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok with Lavos you’re just going to get into an argument with me about how his cooldowns just hold him back

Thanks for assuming with absolutely zero basis, at least you tried something; I love Lavos & is one of the frames I play the most

15 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

As a whole his theme makes sense. He deals in alchemy, he has snakes which represent the Ouroboros which is a symbol in alchemy. It makes sense.

Thanks again for answer my question about what Alchemy has to do with cooldowns

When people tell you you're not listening, this is what they refer to, I said exactly nothing about the snakes & the Ouroboros

Limbos theme isn’t math. His theme is magician

Which is 100% what I said:

15 hours ago, -Krism- said:

His backstory is about him doing maths to understand & harness the Void < This is my question, not the magician part, I but presume you're just trying to dodge every single valid argument I have because you don't actually have any yourself

Atlas. I mean how else are you going to hit someone with a rock?

You're not even trying anymore, it's pitiful

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

The problem with Revenant is that DE said that this frame would have a clear cut theme but instead of giving us a frame with a clear cut theme, they hashed it together with multiple themes. You don't hear "vampire frame" and think lasers. Usually we hear about the theme/inspiration after the frame has been made and revealed like with Styanax as a more recent example. In revenant's case imo, they failed to deliver a vamp frame. They said vamp frame but we got an eidolon warframe instead. 

Imagine if DE told us we were getting a spider themed warframe but got Valkyr instead. That's essentially how I feel about Revenant. 

Thank god they actually kept on theme for the upcoming werewolf frame. 

Oh, after JoJo with DIO, and Castlevania games, I absolutely think "vampires" when I hear about lasers

20 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok you’re literally just lying about what happened to Revenant now. He did not willingly sacrifice himself. I’ve read his lore enough times to know that.

Even if it’s not strictly a vampire it’s still implementing abilities that Rebecca herself said are vampire inspired onto a frame who’s visual theme and lore have connections only to things that aren’t even remotely vampiric in nature. So they’re abilities that contradict the theme of the frame.

You’re literally saying that his first 3 abilities are mechanically vampire. Which means that they are not mechanically Eidolon as they do not do the same things. Simply having an Eidolon aesthetic to them does not make them any less vampire powers. Hell DE could retexture them as water and throw them on Hydroid. Won’t make them water themed. Will just make them vampire powers on a water themed frame.

Read it again then.

You've still failed to actually explain what you think is a vampiric theme. And how are the abilities contradicting? As Rebb said, it is a frames themed around vampires and eidolons. Obviously the vampiric theme is in the skills while the eidolon theme is in the visuals.

And why would they need to be mechanically eidolon? 3/5 "skills" represent a vampiric theme, that is 60% of the kit, while the remaining 40% are eidolon themed in nature, along with his aestethics. And if the Hydroid thing was done, then the theme of that would be a water based vampire, a pirate vampire maybe, which last I checked is a whole vampire house in Warhammer. Which also would go hand in hand with vamps that are in fact known to have the ability to alter/bend elements, which is exactly what water is.

You should probably read up a bit on vampire lore before being so bullheaded about a self made opinion on what they are and should be. Because currently, your view of what they are supposed to be is extremely narrow.

15 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Except that is wrong...

This is Revenant, the returned - the condemned. Harnessing the essence of Eidolon and warrior alike, he mystifies and obliterates his foes.

Revenant serves last rites for the souls he leaves on fire, without a plea for mercy.
—Lotus

It clearly notes Eidolan and ..

Vampire doesn't have to be mentioned as it's not relevant.
They also didn't mention Harrow being Clergy during that quest either—Same for Inaros being a Mummy.
Nor was Mesa called a Cowgirl, or Oberon a fairy king
I also feel like I'd recall Loki giving birth to a 6 legged horse or at least the mention made of it...

Anything can become an Eidolan provided it dies and comes back as a specter of it's formal self. That's the literal definition of the word...
There isn't any portion of the lore that has asserted that the warden was made sentient or "sentient enough to become an Eidolan himself" 
The only things we know are that the warden got trapped into being an anchor for the Eidolan and once free it became a Revenant who's powers become affected by the Eidolan who had him trapped... And then got named as such.

So basically, You've just cobbled some fan-fiction of what you wanted to see instead of simply accepting what you were actually told in the first place.

Your argument, like the logic behind it, is full of holes you filled in with "you-fiction".

Truth told, You don't have to stop spouting this stuff— but you probably ought to...

Ok seriously dude. Did you say you agreed with me about the theme discrepancy? Why tf are you trying so hard to undermine my arguments? Seriously, either help me out or stop commenting. Because it’s honestly exhausting having to keep up with arguing with 5 different people.

IDK how that line proves that he’s not an Eidolon. It says “harnessing the essence of the eidolon” meaning he has something Eidolon related going on with him.

Vampires kind of do have to be mentioned if there’s to be any evidence that the vampire theme should be there. Or at least some in universe equivalent, but there’s not.

Wrong. Not everything can be an Eidolon. Within the universe of Warframe only undead sentients are referred to as Eidolons. You cannot apply “well Eidolon means ghost in our world” to a universe that clearly use’s certain terms differently.

There was literally dialogue in the game that says he was corrupted by the Eidolons. His visual aesthetic is akin to that of the Eidolons. Like dude, it’s pretty obvious he’s eidolon themed. Where tf are you trying to go with this?

I’m not making up some kind of fan fic. I’m taking what we know about Revenant through his lore and his appearance and coming to the logical conclusion that Eidolon theme makes sense. Vampire theme does not.

23 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think that falls under mechanical gameplay restrictions for the sake of mechanical gameplay restrictions or "balance", while in the lore there are no such restrictions. As for if Rev knew if he was an operator, well yes. It was still during the old war. The dream thing happened later and we dont really know if any other tenno aside from our protagonist experienced the same loss of memory. Or if that was a writer solution to allow us to experience the world fresh while in reality being masters of war. Not easy to make a veteran of an ancient war (and more) play like a total novice, which is usually how other games are set up to tell a story.

thanks it was really confusing me i love warframe but the Mechanics and the rules of the game don't make much sense like xaku I don't really understand the point of why he was even made when one of his key features is avoid energy it's like what was the point in giving a warframe void energy abilities when they don't even work on Eidolan doesn't make much sense I'm sure when people first heard about the Warframe xaku they were excited about using void energy on Eidolan only to be told that his powers don't work and i ask my self why give him void powers I feel like I'm starting to see the contradictions with warframe  i still love it but it dose have its down sides

1 minute ago, (PSN)alucardcastiel12 said:

thanks it was really confusing me i love warframe but the Mechanics and the rules of the game don't make much sense like xaku I don't really understand the point of why he was even made when one of his key features is avoid energy it's like what was the point in giving a warframe void energy abilities when they don't even work on Eidolan doesn't make much sense I'm sure when people first heard about the Warframe xaku they were excited about using void energy on Eidolan only to be told that his powers don't work and i ask my self why give him void powers I feel like I'm starting to see the contradictions with warframe  i still love it but it dose have its down sides

The main thing with Warframes is that they should in reality be able to attack all sentients with void power even if the game doesnt allow it. Since Warframes were created because the sentients were adapting to the massively advanced tech that the Orokin used. Warframes went back to "gun and blade" along with abilities powered by the void, which is hardful for sentients, they also mostly rely on quite basic things, like glass, ice, fire, stone, steel, poison, acid and so on. It is the same reason why there is a story about a grineer killing sentients during the old war, even before they were a militant faction. And it is that same reason why Kahl can handle the sentient aswell during TNW.

But since DE have massive issues to balance their game, or even bother trying to (properly atleast), we will get these lore breaking solutions like frame powers not working on Eidolons and other things. Same as with the void relics, where DE kinda pinned themselves into a hole by making them old war relics, caches of armaments from that time. Which makes things now such as Revenant Prime locked in relics a really really really odd occurance out of a lore perspective. There is no reasonable explaination as to how it is even possible.

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

Thanks for assuming with absolutely zero basis, at least you tried something; I love Lavos & is one of the frames I play the most

Thanks again for answer my question about what Alchemy has to do with cooldowns

When people tell you you're not listening, this is what they refer to, I said exactly nothing about the snakes & the Ouroboros

Which is 100% what I said:

His backstory is about him doing maths to understand & harness the Void < This is my question, not the magician part, I but presume you're just trying to dodge every single valid argument I have because you don't actually have any yourself

You're not even trying anymore, it's pitiful

I’m not assuming anything. If we continued to talk about Lavos cooldowns I would’ve devolved it into an argument about his cooldowns.

The cooldowns are a gameplay mechanic unrelated to his theme. They’re an alternative to energy. You literally replace the cooldowns with a traditional energy pool and nothing changes about Lavos theme.

Limbos connection to math was that it was an equation that granted him the ability to harness the rift. He then channeled that ability through mannerisms of a magician.

Atlas uses rocks to propel himself forward, and then encases his fist in rock to hit an enemy with.

look I’m sorry you needed further explanations on these. I just figured that since you clearly know so much better than me you could come to these conclusions easily. Guess I assumed too much of you. :)

36 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The main thing with Warframes is that they should in reality be able to attack all sentients with void power even if the game doesnt allow it. Since Warframes were created because the sentients were adapting to the massively advanced tech that the Orokin used. Warframes went back to "gun and blade" along with abilities powered by the void, which is hardful for sentients, they also mostly rely on quite basic things, like glass, ice, fire, stone, steel, poison, acid and so on. It is the same reason why there is a story about a grineer killing sentients during the old war, even before they were a militant faction. And it is that same reason why Kahl can handle the sentient aswell during TNW.

But since DE have massive issues to balance their game, or even bother trying to (properly atleast), we will get these lore breaking solutions like frame powers not working on Eidolons and other things. Same as with the void relics, where DE kinda pinned themselves into a hole by making them old war relics, caches of armaments from that time. Which makes things now such as Revenant Prime locked in relics a really really really odd occurance out of a lore perspective. There is no reasonable explaination as to how it is even possible.

one last thing before I go I kind of wish that caliban and revenant both had a special connection with sentient weapons and I can wish we had a sentient railjack and a sentient necramech even is it was just a skin i kind of have a deep obsession with sentient content and i kind of wish caliban could hover above the ground like a sentient does when moving anyway thanks for chating take care😊

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Read it again then.

You've still failed to actually explain what you think is a vampiric theme. And how are the abilities contradicting? As Rebb said, it is a frames themed around vampires and eidolons. Obviously the vampiric theme is in the skills while the eidolon theme is in the visuals.

And why would they need to be mechanically eidolon? 3/5 "skills" represent a vampiric theme, that is 60% of the kit, while the remaining 40% are eidolon themed in nature, along with his aestethics. And if the Hydroid thing was done, then the theme of that would be a water based vampire, a pirate vampire maybe, which last I checked is a whole vampire house in Warhammer. Which also would go hand in hand with vamps that are in fact known to have the ability to alter/bend elements, which is exactly what water is.

You should probably read up a bit on vampire lore before being so bullheaded about a self made opinion on what they are and should be. Because currently, your view of what they are supposed to be is extremely narrow.

I did read it again. Heck, someone literally brought up the exact line and it literally only says what you claim it says when completely removed from context. Within context it shows that Revenant very much did not go willingly and that he just resigned himself to his fate when he knew he couldn’t do anything.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong. But isn’t Revenants backstory supposed to parallel that of Nakaks brother who worked as 1 of those Unum tower meat scrappers? Someone who got to comfortable with their job. Disregarded safety, and ended up dead because of it?

Well they’d need to be mechanically Eidolon related. Otherwise they’re not Eidolon abilities.

You should probably read up on Revenants lore before making blatantly wrong statements.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m not assuming anything. If we continued to talk about Lavos cooldowns I would’ve devolved it into an argument about his cooldowns.

No, you're just trying to derail the conversation, stay on Revenant

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Limbos connection to math was that it was an equation that granted him the ability to harness the rift. He then channeled that ability through mannerisms of a magician.

Atlas uses rocks to propel himself forward, and then encases his fist in rock to hit an enemy with.

Yeah, just like I said you're not even trying anymore, you keep twisting what I say to fit what you want to hear

Guess I assumed too much of you

21 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I already made a post explaining how you were wrong and you chose to ignore it and repeat the same thing again.

Like you just repeat the same thing over and over thinking it will change minds?

You literally just keep moving the goal posts to the same point - in YOUR judgmental outlook, Revenant _should_ not have something the people that make the game specifically decided he has. Period.

You can rail against that until the heat death if the universe, it boils down to nothing more than you being judgmental and demanding everyone follow your POV.

Truly, in two decades of being on gaming forums, one of the silliest arguments I have ever encountered.

You don't think something 'should be' in a game...so what?

Archived