Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Prime confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Image with design:

p_silveira

11 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

"I don't move goal post"  *proceeds to move the the goal serveral times*

I didn’t know providing counter arguments to different arguments was considered “moving the goal post”. Pretty sure to even have a proper argument you need several different points to properly back up your side.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Is it possible Revenant is both vampire themed and Sentient themed? In my mind, sure why not this is Warframe after all. 

The argument isn’t “does he have a vampire theme” the argument is “should he have a vampire theme”.

My argument is that the is no in game evidence that supports Revenant having a vampire theme. Nothing in his backstory eludes to Warden being a vampire. Nothing about Eidolons or Sentients connect them to vampires. The theme has no business being on him and was clearly added because Rebecca was more interested in making a vampire frame when she should have been making abilities for an Eidolon frame. Because Revenants visual design and backstory both heavily convey that he is supposed to be Eidolon themed.

12 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Not going to assert you are shifting goalposts as I've personally found your conclusions over the years to be sound regarding Rev's theme but wrong-headed in regard to his value, function, and place.

I can understand your frustration, without sharing it, though as they promised an eidolan themed frame and gave us a hybrid instead. 
Personally, I like what they came up with but can see how someone who like the more monster oriented frames, could find it cheesy.

I'll credit you on this though... I don't see you lobbying to change Rev's theme or powers anymore and aren't necessarily bashing other players for the opinions they hold on Rev directly.

You are OK in my book dude.

Yeah I really need to get back to pushing for a rework for him. my focus kinda got redirected more when reworks altogether stopped when several frames need one and DE kept releasing bad to mediocre frames who need reworks or buffs.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because Revenants visual design and backstory both heavily convey that he is supposed to be Eidolon themed.

Even though you can say that his backstory is practically that of Vlad. Sure Rev wasnt an actual crusader that sold his soul to Satan to save his homeland, but he did sacrifice himself to a dark power in order to save a "nation" of people, only to get corrupted in the end. And his visual theme... maybe you should go look at Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman. Revenants armor is very similar to the sleakness of Vlad's "full plate", and Revs helmet is very similar to the coach drivers that are in Vlad's service and takes Harker to the keep.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Is that what you think I’m doing? Because from my experience we all just end up in a circular arguments of.

Revs vampire theme does not makes sense.

Yes it does because he’s undead and vampires are undead.

Not all undead are vampires, and Revenant was corrupted by things that are very much not vampires.

yeah well maybe he had those powers before he got corrupted.

So you’re admitting that his powers aren’t eidolon themed?

No, they are green. Therefor they’re eidolon powers.

Color doesn’t mean anything when the powers are mechanically dissimilar to Eidolons.

Maybe DE wanted to make a Vampire frame.

Ok but why would they use a theme that couldn’t be more far disconnected from Vampires to put vampire themed abilities on?

Because Eidolon is Greek or something for ghost, and ghosts are undead, and as stated before anything undead is a vampire.

Thats pretty much how every argument went. I moved no goal post when talking about his theme. I applied what knowledge we all have access to and basic common sense to deduce that Revenant has no business being vampire themed. That’s it.

Many frames have multiple themes: khora has two themes: her spider theme and her beast trainer theme. 

Both themes are shown in her kit: whip claw and venari for her tamer theme, and her ensnare and cage abilities for her spider theme. 

So in Revenant's case, he is mostly eidolon themed with some vampire theme. The shield effect of Mesmer skin is the eidolon side, the sleeping effect being from the vampire theme.

Same thing with the thralls: vampire theme but he's using his eidolon properties (the fact Revenant is made up of parts) to do the mind controlling. 

Same with reave: Revenant does a vomvalyst dash like an eidolon, but he drains the enemies' life like a vampire.  

So Revenant in reality has both themes, but the eidolon theme is more dominant as seen in his visual design. 

In his deluxe skin, his vampire theme becomes much more prevalent as his body no longer is emitting eidolon energy or is broken while he wears a cloak like a vampire. 

Because they're both his theme.

20 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

They’d have to be very careful with that. Because if they give him the wrong type of abilities that just gives me more evidence to support everything I’ve been saying for years.

Actually scratch that. They’d lose either way. Because if Warden had abilities too similar to Revenant that would mean he got nothing from the Eidolons and can’t really be called an Eidolon themed frame. And if he doesn’t have any vampire powers that means the Eidolons gave him vampire powers which makes absolutely zero sense because Eidolons are not vampires.

I would call the creatures of great power that only appear during the night and shy away from the sun while also being near-immortal at least the most relevant option.

Mesmer Skin makes some sense, Eidolons have invulnerability.

Danse Macabre makes some sense, Eidolons have laser shows.

Enthrall may not be directly pullable from what Eidolons do, but larger Eidolons do attract and control the small vomvalysts.

Reave is the biggest stretch, but I guess you could chalk it up to how quickly the Eidolons teleport around when you don't have enough blue lures.

Edit: And, as Upl0rdYT brings up, the Vomvalysts do have their dash that is comparable to Reave, so I guess everything directly ties.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

The shield effect of Mesmer skin is the eidolon side, the sleeping effect being from the vampire theme.

I'd say it's full on Eidolon. What happens when we break an Eidolon's shield? They do an Energy Spike and scramble the crap out of our Frames systems. That seems as close as you can get to enemies getting stunned.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Same thing with the thralls: vampire theme but he's using his eidolon properties (the fact Revenant is made up of parts) to do the mind controlling. 

This one feels is a Vamp/Eidolon Hybrid. Eidolons can call upon their own Thralls (voms) when they need help. We just make our own like vampires, (both can even use their thralls to keep their shields up.)

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Same with reave: Revenant does a vomvalyst dash like an eidolon, but he drains the enemies' life like a vampire.  

And I'd argue has a bit more vampire influence. In DnD at least Vampires can straight up turn into mist like the way we do in-game.

1 minute ago, TomCruisesSon said:

This one feels is a Vamp/Eidolon Hybrid. Eidolons can call upon their own Thralls (voms) when they need help. We just make our own like vampires, (both can even use their thralls to keep their shields up.)

I personally really like how the thralls are like the ones from kuva liches (who also kinda have a vampire theme). Liches iirc are capable of hurting their own thralls (might be limited to a specific quirk) and they way they convert an enemy to a thrall is like how Revenant converts enemies to thralls minus the spread factor.

6 hours ago, DeadVoid118 said:

I would call the creatures of great power that only appear during the night and shy away from the sun while also being near-immortal at least the most relevant option.

Mesmer Skin makes some sense, Eidolons have invulnerability.

Danse Macabre makes some sense, Eidolons have laser shows.

Enthrall may not be directly pullable from what Eidolons do, but larger Eidolons do attract and control the small vomvalysts.

Reave is the biggest stretch, but I guess you could chalk it up to how quickly the Eidolons teleport around when you don't have enough blue lures.

Edit: And, as Upl0rdYT brings up, the Vomvalysts do have their dash that is comparable to Reave, so I guess everything directly ties.

Invulnerability is too general. By that logic Iron skin is just as much of an Eidolon themed power. Also Mesmer skin puts enemies to sleep (which was put on the ability because vampires put people to sleep). Which is very much not an Eidolon thing.

Danse Macabre is Revenants only Eidolon themed ability.

Eidolons do commands around the Vomvalysts, but what they don’t do is go around mind controlling people. Seriously, there’s no reason Revenants 1 shouldn’t have been summonable Vomvalysts.

Reave looks like a Vomvalyst dash, but it didn’t use to. It used to look like a flat wall of smoke or mist. Because again vampires can do that. And its function is to drain health from the enemy and heal Revenant. Much like how a vampire drinks blood. Yeah Eidolons don’t do that either.

His passive is Eidolon themed but it’s garbage.

Yeah, literally everything that’s not his 4 or his passive you’re making a pretty big stretch to try and justify his abilities as eidolon themed.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Many frames have multiple themes: khora has two themes: her spider theme and her beast trainer theme. 

Both themes are shown in her kit: whip claw and venari for her tamer theme, and her ensnare and cage abilities for her spider theme. 

So in Revenant's case, he is mostly eidolon themed with some vampire theme. The shield effect of Mesmer skin is the eidolon side, the sleeping effect being from the vampire theme.

So Revenant in reality has both themes, but the eidolon theme is more dominant as seen in his visual design. 

In his deluxe skin, his vampire theme becomes much more prevalent as his body no longer is emitting eidolon energy or is broken while he wears a cloak like a vampire. 

Because they're both his theme.

Khoras not spider themed. I think she was supposed to be Liquid Metal until she had to get reworked mid development. Now we don’t really have a definitive theme for her. As DE never really provided one. Her Wiki bio says she’s arachnid themed, but that’s the wiki saying things without DE’s word to back it up. So yeah.

literally all you’re saying is that his abilities function as if they’re vampire abilities but they have an Eidolon aesthetic to them. So remove the visuals and they’re just vampire abilities.

Thats not a very good argument.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Even though you can say that his backstory is practically that of Vlad. Sure Rev wasnt an actual crusader that sold his soul to Satan to save his homeland, but he did sacrifice himself to a dark power in order to save a "nation" of people, only to get corrupted in the end. And his visual theme... maybe you should go look at Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman. Revenants armor is very similar to the sleakness of Vlad's "full plate", and Revs helmet is very similar to the coach drivers that are in Vlad's service and takes Harker to the keep.

Hey Mr. Ghosts are Vampires himself.

this is what you do. You make the most Herculean leaps of logic and then proceed like they somehow make sense.

Revenant was just a Warframe who watched over the Plains of Eidolon, got too comfortable around the Eidolons, and got snatched because of it. Literally a dude who got too chill at the job, disregarded the safety protocol, and got his body pulled into the hot dog maker.

Has literally nothing to do with the origins of Dracula.

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Invulnerability is too general. By that logic Iron skin is just as much of an Eidolon themed power. Also Mesmer skin puts enemies to sleep (which was put on the ability because vampires put people to sleep). Which is very much not an Eidolon thing.

Eidolons do commands around the Vomvalysts, but what they don’t do is go around mind controlling people. Seriously, there’s no reason Revenants 1 shouldn’t have been summonable Vomvalysts.

Reave looks like a Vomvalyst dash, but it didn’t use to. It used to look like a flat wall of smoke or mist. Because again vampires can do that. And its function is to drain health from the enemy and heal Revenant. Much like how a vampire drinks blood. Yeah Eidolons don’t do that either.

Yeah, literally everything that’s not his 4 or his passive you’re making a pretty big stretch to try and justify his abilities as eidolon themed.

Summonable vomvalysts would suck, the dum dum normal enemies make better thralls, they're more aggressive and draw agro better.

Revenant can thrall nearly anything. Nearly anything would make a better summon than vomvalysts

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Her Wiki bio says she’s arachnid themed, but that’s the wiki saying things without DE’s word to back it up.

So, you're saying that the warframe that:

• Has a spider abdomen feature on her normal variant,
  • Has an ability that's literally a web that catches enemies,
  • Has a spider's web metallic detail on her hips in her Prime variant,
  • And that in the Wiki curated by DE themselves says she has an arachnid theme, 

Does not, in fact, have an arachnid theme?

c9b9bcf7e654c6c0728a0ac9f84fa7a5.jpg

1 hour ago, p_silveira said:

After seeing Caliban and his almost useless summonable Conculysts, I have to absolutely agree. If Conculysts are useless, imagine Vomvalysts.

It'd probably be better if Caliban could summon a mixture of Conculysts and Battalysts. Even just Battalysts by themselves would be an upgrade.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Your response seems to indicate the idea that the frame has to be either Eidolon or Vampire themed. This is a false dichotomy, Revenant is clearly taking after both. That's why Mesmer Skin does the sleeping, but also the invulnerability. Nothing is comparable, Iron Skin is just a very-easy-to-refresh HP bar.

Revenant's 'vomvalysts' are common folk. Warframes are basically super-people, and just like the big Eidolons, 'super-sentients', command vomvalysts so too does Revenant command normal people.

Reave's past doesn't really matter, now does it? Currently, it's a mesh between the vomvalyst dash and a vampire's mist. Because, like Revenant, it's themed after both Eidolons and Vampires. In addition, it is true that it has a lifesteal function. Not like anyone uses it for that, but it exists, sure. It's almost like Revenant has dual themes and one of them is vampirism.

Just because abilities don't directly fall in line with previously-established abilities of an enemy faction does not mean the frame isn't themed after that faction. It would be incredibly boring to literally just play an Eidolon. They're not meant to be played.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Khoras not spider themed. I think she was supposed to be Liquid Metal until she had to get reworked mid development. Now we don’t really have a definitive theme for her. As DE never really provided one. Her Wiki bio says she’s arachnid themed, but that’s the wiki saying things without DE’s word to back it up. So yeah.

literally all you’re saying is that his abilities function as if they’re vampire abilities but they have an Eidolon aesthetic to them. So remove the visuals and they’re just vampire abilities.

Thats not a very good argument.

Khora's 4 is literally a metal web. Enemies that get too close become trapped in the strands (like an irl web) and are stuck until khora comes and kills them (making her the spider).

I'm not going to go in depth on this, but I specifically remember someone saying how khora prime's design fits a spider (no joke they did a full visual analysis) like her head being the spider abdomen and spider-like details on her body that are like appendages.

As you said, Revenant has a vampire theme, but I don't recall vampires making big immortality shields (typically they are immortal against everything minus stakes no?), so obviously that part of Mesmer skin is eidolon themed. 

I don't recall most eidolons mind controlling, but vampires typically don't put eidolon parts on mess with their enemies' brainwaves to mind control people. Must be a mix of both themes. 

Reave is a dash. Yes it might have originally been mist, but now it's a vomvalyst dash with lifesteal, something that benefits both.

Il y a 12 heures, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Khoras not spider themed.

Yes, she is. Khora's  concept desing is in fact a spider warframe. That's why her prime version has spider web patters, her helmet has the shape of a spiders' abdomen. Khora's regular version has a body in a shape of a spider (abdomen and cephalothorax). And much more. Even the Wiki contains that information.

il y a 43 minutes, Circle_of_Psi a dit :

Decent design, but shame Rev is such a terrible frame, any other frame can do what he can do better, he is dire need of a rework.

Caliban is pretty much Rev 2.0

I don't see things like this.

Revenant's Mesmer Skin gives him very high survivability (and status immunity).

The synergy between Reave and Enthrall can one-hit kill even cap level mobs.

Caliban is very different from Revenant... except by the fact that both like to spin...

26 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Caliban is very different from Revenant... except by the fact that both like to spin...

Calibans spinning is much worse too.

I'd say Revenant is Caliban 2.0. They both spin, but Revenant spins better. They both got lasers, Revenants lasers are better, they both got "summons or minions or whatever" Revenants are better. Caliban has that radial smash? But I'd say Revenants Spin + Mesmer does the same thing but better. 

I really like the design of Caliban, I even got what I think is cool fashion look going on but *he's so bad at everything* Caliban Needs Help

39 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Given how many other Revenant players I run into tend to just spam his 4 and nothing else, I'm inclined to believe they're press-4-to-win mains who base his capabilities entirely on how effective that one ability is. And if we're going by that logic, then of course Revenant is a "terrible frame". Saryn and Mesa outperform any other frame where you can lean on their nuke to cheese the game.

It's kinda disappointing none of them bother trying to use his Enthrall. After the eximus rework, creating minions on the fly gives you a form of CC that they're still vulnerable to: Distraction. Tie that with Reave and you've got a way of easily dealing with strong enemies.

Mesmer Skin makes him the most powerful tank in the game that far outperforms even Rhino and Nezha, especially in high level missions. If Iron Skin absorbs 10 hits in 3 seconds, then it's only good for 10 hits in 3 seconds. If Revenant gets 10 hits in 3 seconds, he only loses 3 charges and puts any of his attackers to sleep, knocking them out of the fight and reducing how many enemies are actively attacking him.

For me, Danse Macabre has always been his weakest skill. The damage it deals is weak and also has a limited angle which makes it difficult to hit particularly small enemies or anything flying above him. For that reason, it's a perfect slot to use for Helminth abilities, and Revenant's got a lot of options which would greatly improve the rest of his kit.

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Given how many other Revenant players I run into tend to just spam his 4 and nothing else, I'm inclined to believe they're press-4-to-win mains who base his capabilities entirely on how effective that one ability is. And if we're going by that logic, then of course Revenant is a "terrible frame". Saryn and Mesa outperform any other frame where you can lean on their nuke to cheese the game.

It's kinda disappointing none of them bother trying to use his Enthrall. After the eximus rework, creating minions on the fly gives you a form of CC that they're still vulnerable to: Distraction. Tie that with Reave and you've got a way of easily dealing with strong enemies.

Mesmer Skin makes him the most powerful tank in the game that far outperforms even Rhino and Nezha, especially in high level missions. If Iron Skin absorbs 10 hits in 3 seconds, then it's only good for 10 hits in 3 seconds. If Revenant gets 10 hits in 3 seconds, he only loses 3 charges and puts any of his attackers to sleep, knocking them out of the fight and reducing how many enemies are actively attacking him.

For me, Danse Macabre has always been his weakest skill. The damage it deals is weak and also has a limited angle which makes it difficult to hit particularly small enemies or anything flying above him. For that reason, it's a perfect slot to use for Helminth abilities, and Revenant's got a lot of options which would greatly improve the rest of his kit.

The 4s lasers *looks cool* but weapons outperform them on very high levels or SP. I usually sacrifice the mist for a subsume ability.

il y a 53 minutes, Pizzarugi a dit :

That's so true. I totally agree.

Yes, me neither I don't understand why people don't use Revenant's full set of abilities, specially his 1st and 3rd, that synergizes extremely well.

And also, besides distraction to Eximus, when Overguard is gone, you can get an Eximus Thrall giving you some buffs or CCing enemies even more.

I totally agree with you. I've already said that before (another thread) but even an unmodded Revenant has a greater survivability than a well-builded Nezha or Rhino.

Danse Macabre makes me remember Genkai words about Suzuki's Rainbox Cyclone on the Dark Tournament saga (Yu Yu Hakusho - the old ones here will perhaps remember) : "Yes, it's indeed very beautiful, but also very weak".

tumblr_nye1roY6Fi1tes8zmo1_540.gif

I use Danse Macabre as a status shower ability, or charged to deal with base level Steel Path mobs, but on higher levels, it's really not that good.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Hey Mr. Ghosts are Vampires himself.

this is what you do. You make the most Herculean leaps of logic and then proceed like they somehow make sense.

Revenant was just a Warframe who watched over the Plains of Eidolon, got too comfortable around the Eidolons, and got snatched because of it. Literally a dude who got too chill at the job, disregarded the safety protocol, and got his body pulled into the hot dog maker.

Has literally nothing to do with the origins of Dracula.

It isnt a leap. You should probably read up on his story again. He was the "warden" of the plains, much like how Vlad was the protector of Wallachia. Rev also freely sacrificed himself, he wasnt snatched. And no one claims they are the same, just that similarities can be drawn. Much like you can draw similarities to several other things throughout the game. And another similarity is the part where both eventually became a scourge to the people they once tried to protect and save.

I also think the "Mr. Ghost" thing is a product in your own head due to flawed reading comprehension of very simple english. IIRC, what I said way back was "Vampires are revenants, just like ghosts, zombies, wights and the draugr, but not all revenants are vampires", and that several revenant creatures share traits with others, like feeding on life force in some way. Vampires drink blood, poltergeists or ghosts simply feed on your life through their presence and the draugr either eats you zombie style or gains power from your dwindling sanity.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what vampire lore you use as your template for what a proper vampire kit would be. Since we have enthrallment, mesmerization, mistform and life leech in Revs kit. And, when has a frame been bound to a rule that only one theme is allowed to be present? #1 Vamp, #2 Vamp, #3 Vamp, #4 Eido, Passive Eido, with a few splashes of eidolon themes in the others aswell, mostly aestethic. You must utterly hate Oberon since he's a radioactive paladruishamgoatcowman.

2 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

The synergy between Reave and Enthrall can one-hit kill even cap level mobs

Fair enough

But I'd love to see a video example (without blasting "MLG pro" music in the background) of this "high survivability and one hit kill level cap mobs"

Archived