Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Prime confirmed in Devstream 164 banner. Image with design:

p_silveira

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah, I know. And the issue is the game itself does not support the idea of making Revenant vampire themed. So his vampire powers have no business being on him. 

1: Vampire/Eidolon

We've had lore, & even gameplay, to show that Sentients have limited mind control abilities, Vampires are also known to put their victims in a trance & even give them orders, they're usually called thralls

2: Vampire/Eidolon

Just like Eidolons, he has a shield that makes him invulnerable until broken, (it uses charges because it's a cool concept, deal with it for that part), putting enemies to sleep is also Vampire themed, I shouldn't have to explain that one

3: Vampire/Eidolon Vomvalyst

As Vomvalysts do in their ghost form, they can dash, & like Vampire, he can leech health with it

4: Strictly Eidolon

I guess you could say that some Vampires can in fact project lasers, like Dio as one of the most famous, but other than that, it's very Eidolon

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

And Revenant didn’t sacrifice himself to the Eidolons. He slipped up and ended up captured by them. He didn’t willingly attempt to become an Eidolon frame.

You’re forgetting the part where giant undead robots that fire lasers are not vampires. And therefor should not be imbuing whatever they’re turning to their side with vampire powers.

You’re literally proving my point that his first 3 abilities are more vampire themed than Eidolon themed. Which shouldn’t be the case on a frame with no connections to vampires.

Nope, he let himself get "captured" in order to stop them from emerging. If you read the lore, he was the reason they could come back, he was their anchor in "this world".

Uhm, nothing is an actual vampire in the game because uhm we play biomechanical hybrids themed as something by the decision of the Orokin that made them. So if an Orokin said "hmm we'll implement vampiric design to this frame" then that is what they did. And no one here says that the eidolons made him a vampire, just that the story actually has similarities to vampire stories. So his vampiric theme is based on what an Orokin wanted, while those abilities let him sustain himself on eidolons while trapped with them. It's like vampires feeding on the dead, they go insane because of the blood of the dead. You see, there are several similarities between Revenant and Vampires, both is his origin story and his kit.

The connection is in the design choices of the Orokin. Just as Gram(Prime) is not Odin's sword given to Sigurd, Loki is not the giant, Chroma is not a dragon and so on.

2 hours ago, -Krism- said:

We've had lore, & even gameplay, to show that Sentients have limited mind control abilities, Vampires are also known to put their victims in a trance & even give them orders, they're usually called thralls

Just like Eidolons, he has a shield that makes him invulnerable until broken, (it uses charges because it's a cool concept, deal with it for that part), putting enemies to sleep is also Vampire themed, I shouldn't have to explain that one

As Vomvalysts do in their ghost form, they can dash, & like Vampire, he can leech health with it

I guess you could say that some Vampires can in fact project lasers, like Dio as one of the most famous, but other than that, it's very Eidolon

his 3 is just how vampires can turn into a bloody red mist to move around.

his 4 is the one that's strictly sentient/eidolon themed with no real connection to vampires... I think.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nope, he let himself get "captured" in order to stop them from emerging. If you read the lore, he was the reason they could come back, he was their anchor in "this world".

Uhm, nothing is an actual vampire in the game because uhm we play biomechanical hybrids themed as something by the decision of the Orokin that made them. So if an Orokin said "hmm we'll implement vampiric design to this frame" then that is what they did. And no one here says that the eidolons made him a vampire, just that the story actually has similarities to vampire stories. So his vampiric theme is based on what an Orokin wanted, while those abilities let him sustain himself on eidolons while trapped with them. It's like vampires feeding on the dead, they go insane because of the blood of the dead. You see, there are several similarities between Revenant and Vampires, both is his origin story and his kit.

The connection is in the design choices of the Orokin. Just as Gram(Prime) is not Odin's sword given to Sigurd, Loki is not the giant, Chroma is not a dragon and so on.

I have a question how did revenant fight the eidolon every night when Warframe abilities don't work did revenant know that he was an operator controlling a Warframe 

does anyone here know how revenant fighted the the eidolons every night when Warframe abilities don't work how did he do it every night  i would love too know because I can't figure it out and why were warframes made to fight the Sentients  when the tenno are the ones that can really hurt them can some one tell me or link me too a YouTube video that can explain this i love warframe but am getting confused 😕

11 minutes ago, (PSN)alucardcastiel12 said:

I have a question how did revenant fight the eidolon every night when Warframe abilities don't work did revenant know that he was an operator controlling a Warframe 

I think that falls under mechanical gameplay restrictions for the sake of mechanical gameplay restrictions or "balance", while in the lore there are no such restrictions. As for if Rev knew if he was an operator, well yes. It was still during the old war. The dream thing happened later and we dont really know if any other tenno aside from our protagonist experienced the same loss of memory. Or if that was a writer solution to allow us to experience the world fresh while in reality being masters of war. Not easy to make a veteran of an ancient war (and more) play like a total novice, which is usually how other games are set up to tell a story.

Sentients required a specific device to mind control. They themselves do not have the power to directly bend another being to their will.

Unlike Eidolons ,Mesmer skin runs on charges. Eidolons shields function just like a health bar. Also Eidolons don’t have the ability to put people to sleep. Invulnerability is too general and too many other frames can achieve it to say invulnerability is solely an Eidolon ability.

Eidolons don’t leech health from their enemies.

What does this have to do with whether or not he should have a vampire ability? Like I distinctly said that this is about that. Yet you’re going off on a rant about how his abilities are vampire themed. Which doesn’t explain why he should have them. It just proves that his abilities aren’t Eidolon themed.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sentients required a specific device to mind control. They themselves do not have the power to directly bend another being to their will.

Unlike Eidolons ,Mesmer skin runs on charges. Eidolons shields function just like a health bar. Also Eidolons don’t have the ability to put people to sleep. Invulnerability is too general and too many other frames can achieve it to say invulnerability is solely an Eidolon ability.

Eidolons don’t leech health from their enemies.

What does this have to do with whether or not he should have a vampire ability? Like I distinctly said that this is about that. Yet you’re going off on a rant about how his abilities are vampire themed. Which doesn’t explain why he should have them. It just proves that his abilities aren’t Eidolon themed.

Wow, you just ignored about half of my explanation, & twisted what I said into what you want to hear, gg dude, you're gonna go far like this

48 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Ok you’re literally just lying about what happened to Revenant now. He did not willingly sacrifice himself. I’ve read his lore enough times to know that.

Even if it’s not strictly a vampire it’s still implementing abilities that Rebecca herself said are vampire inspired onto a frame who’s visual theme and lore have connections only to things that aren’t even remotely vampiric in nature. So they’re abilities that contradict the theme of the frame.

You’re literally saying that his first 3 abilities are mechanically vampire. Which means that they are not mechanically Eidolon as they do not do the same things. Simply having an Eidolon aesthetic to them does not make them any less vampire powers. Hell DE could retexture them as water and throw them on Hydroid. Won’t make them water themed. Will just make them vampire powers on a water themed frame.

2 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

his 4 is the one that's strictly sentient/eidolon themed with no real connection to vampires... I think.

It really depends what vampire are for you. They were originally based on old myths or superstition from many places. People had their own version before you could freely communicate (like with internet). Then with era of internet connection everyone could read or watch stuffs about vampires. People started to mix or add certain features.

On 2022-10-02 at 2:01 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

the wiki is fan made. Which leads to unofficial interpretations.

The wiki is also actively curated by some DE personnel. AFAIR a user called "Cephalon Scientia" in there is also officially associated with DE for curating purposes.

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

It really depends what vampire are for you. They were originally based on old myths or superstition from many places. People had their own version before you could freely communicate (like with internet). Then with era of internet connection everyone could read or watch stuffs about vampires. People started to mix or add certain features.

yeah but the more popular takes on vampires don't really involve light/energy beams

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok you’re literally just lying about what happened to Revenant now. He did not willingly sacrifice himself. I’ve read his lore enough times to know that.

"The lost one struggles, pulling back, but it's too late! The Eidolon begins to emerge. But... the lost one realizes - he stops... he lets go... And so he falls. Falls from this world of the living and down, down, down into the next."
Nakak, during the Mask of the Revenant quest. Available in it's entirety here for those interested.

I think you might want to do some more reading. Or interpreting.

1 minute ago, Skoomaseller said:

yeah but the more popular takes on vampires don't really involve light/energy beams

Maybe because they don't fit in created world? You can give your "monster" some power like shooting lasers but you need to balance it with your protagonist or other characters in your story (unless you really want to make unbeatable and/or scary monster). It doesn't make sense to give your enemy ranged weapon (e.g. lasers) when most of character fights with white weapons.

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I didn’t ignore anything.

You did, I explained how Rev's abilities merge the themes of both Eidolons & Vampires, & you ignored everything, so either you are doing it on purpose, or you are just very idiotic, dunno which one is worse

"EiDoLonS cAn'T pUT eNeMiEs tO SlEEp", you are blatantly ignoring the vampire part that I specifically explained; & that's just one example of my whole reply

You did, I explained how Rev's abilities merge the themes of both Eidolons & Vampires, & you ignored everything, so either you are doing it on purpose, or you are just very idiotic, dunno which one is worse

"EiDoLonS cAn'T pUT eNeMiEs tO SlEEp", you are blatantly ignoring the vampire part that I specifically explained; & that's just one example of my whole reply

No, I explained how your assessment is wrong.
Also, the topic in question is “SHOULD Revenant have a vampire theme” NOT “Does he have a vampire theme”. Because it’s blatantly obvious that he does and that it takes up more of his kit than the Eidolon theme.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Unless you stretch it too jojo vampires can shoot lasers.

Actually his 4’s origin is strictly Eidolon.

His original 4 was an AOE sleep.

But after Revenant was showcased on stream. Steve was displeased with Revenants lack of Eidolon-ness in his abilities, so they gave him Danse Macabre instead along with changing his passive and well they didn’t change anything about his first 3 abilities.

The only real Rebecca connection it has is the ability shares its name with a song from the band Ghost which came out around the same time as Revenant. Rebecca likes Ghost. They even use one of the songs lyrics in Revs profile video.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Also, the topic in question is “SHOULD Revenant have a vampire theme” NOT “Does he have a vampire theme”. Because it’s blatantly obvious that he does and that it takes up more of his kit than the Eidolon theme.

Reasoning with you is impossible, have a good day buddy

2 hours ago, p_silveira said:

"The lost one struggles, pulling back, but it's too late! The Eidolon begins to emerge. But... the lost one realizes - he stops... he lets go... And so he falls. Falls from this world of the living and down, down, down into the next."
Nakak, during the Mask of the Revenant quest. Available in it's entirety here for those interested.

I think you might want to do some more reading. Or interpreting.

In full context that can be read as him realizing there’s no way out so he gives up. Nice try tho. You get an A+ for being the only person here actually trying to complete the assignment with in game evidence. Even if you did try to misrepresent it.

Every day, Mukha clamored across the tower ledges and scaffolds - nothing happened, day in and day out... Routine took his fear away. Uhh... Tenno - I see the tendril has him now. The lost one. He's become an anchor for the Eidolon - to pull itself onto our world! The lost one struggles, pulling back, but it's too late! The Eidolon begins to emerge. But... the lost one realizes - he stops... he lets go... And so he falls. Falls from this world of the living and down, down, down into the next

Translated events:

Warden prepares to fight Eidolon, but is careless as it’s become too routine for him.

The Eidolon grabs hold of him, and begins using him as a way to enter our world.

Warden attempts to fight back, but realizes it’s already too late and resigns himself to his fate. Falling deep into the Eidolons little pocket dimension thing that they have.

Just now, -Krism- said:

Reasoning with you is impossible, have a good day buddy

You weren’t doing a good job at it to begin with.

unless you were trying to argue “He has a vampire theme therefor he should have a vampire theme”. Which is all sorts of broken logic as you can’t use the subject of question as evidence to support your side of the argument. It just doesn’t make sense.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, I explained how your assessment is wrong.

Eh, their assessment is up to their own interpretation—so saying it's "wrong" is somewhat goofy.

What isn't up for interpretation is that Revenant is a literal revenant of the warden and the warden's current abilities have been influenced by having spent time as the captive anchor of the Eidolan...who just so happens to be a revenant of a Sentient.

The Eidolan's abilities are Sentient-like and Revenant's abilities are Eidolan-like... It's not a tough concept to grasp.

Which, with respect, makes the question of whether Revenant should have a vampire theme, likewise, somewhat goofy...

No one know what type of warframe the warden actually was so assuming otherwise to make the point of asking such a question makes the point inherently goofy.

Regardless, Revenant has the theme they gave it whether players like it or not.  

Archived