Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral warframe mods should cost 1 or 2 capacity less

rs_sakuras

3 x 16 is just really heavy for capacity and doesn't really leave much room for other mods.

(I'm talking about fully formad warframe.)

If they cost 1 or 2 less, you would still have to fully forma your warfame, but you could actually fit the mods you want in.

Yes, i know Umbra forma exists... But seriously. Can't really count that thing exists.

No. What they need to do is add ulterior means to acquiring umbra forma. One every two months from Tenshin is a bit lacking with 40+ frames, and nightwave requires you play every day during the duration of it. Lotus drops very rarely give umbra forma. I find myself not wanting to use the forma I do have for fair of not having it when I need it more than what I used it for.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)UndeadNidhogg said:

nightwave requires you play every day during the duration of it

i wouldn't say that's true, nightwave lasts a long time and has a roll back mechanic

i reached rank 138 on nora's choice and rank 73 on the previous one. doing every nightwave task gives you more than double of what you need to reach rank 30

28 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

there's very few builds where it's essential to have all 3

Those are also the ones where it matters, If you use 2 wether they cost 16 or 15 doesn't matter but when you use all 3 wether they cost 15 or 16 matters

13 minutes ago, rs_sakuras said:

Those are also the ones where it matters, If you use 2 wether they cost 16 or 15 doesn't matter but when you use all 3 wether they cost 15 or 16 matters

my lavos uses all 3 with only 1 umbra forma

if you're using all 3 then that means you're going for high power so something has to balance that out unfortunately 

I think the total stat boost you get (as a set) is well worth the mod cost. As it is nearly 50% more than the standalone. So it's well worth the cost in my opinion.

Granted you won't be able to fit it in every single build , but you should be able to apply an umbra forma in the build that really matters.

And most others you should be able to manage with 2 mods instead of 3 , 

For some ... Don't use a maxed mod perhaps ?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)UndeadNidhogg said:

No. What they need to do is add ulterior means to acquiring umbra forma. One every two months from Tenshin is a bit lacking with 40+ frames

With the last frame, Staynax, there is already 50 frames. However how many frames are you using, even semi-regularly? I'm using like 25% - 10 frames. I'm using like, I don't know, 3 frames very often. Your mileage may vary but expecting to put 50 umbra forma is too much.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)UndeadNidhogg said:

nightwave requires you play every day during the duration of it

Have you ever tried Nighwave? I don't think so.

First you can do most challenges in 1 day. There is Simaris scans but that's just 2 days. There is stuffs like beating Eidolon that requires specific time of the day.

Secondly, you can finish it (30 rank) without doing all tasks OR finish it earlier when doing more tasks.

Daily Challenges are introduced daily with each lasting 3 days, while 5 Weekly and 2 Elite Weekly Challenges are introduced on a weekly basis and last for 7 days. Apart from the duration, the different Challenge tiers also offer different levels of difficulty, with Daily having the easiest tasks, and the Elite Weekly having the most difficult ones. All Daily Challenges reward  1,000, Weeklies reward  4,500 and Elite Weeklies reward  7,000.

In week you have

- 7 daily tasks - 7k standing

- 5 weekly - 5x 4.5k = 22.5k standing

- 2 elite weekly - 2x 7k = 14k

So in 1 week, doing all tasks, you can earn 43.5k standing.

To reach 30 rank you would need 30x 10k = 300k standing. If you had done all tasks you would finish it in ~7 weeks. First series lasted for ~11 weeks. Glassmaker lasted for 1/2 year. Last one lasted for 3 months.

There has been plenty of chances at Umbral forma. It’s time gated for a reason. The power increase justifies the cost.  Just keep getting them however you can, and you’ll end up with a stockpile eventually. I finally ran out of umbral projects, and I’m up to 5 built umbral forma now. Never thought I’d have extras. But here I am. 

To be honest, if you are sticking 3 fully-ranked Umbra Mods on a single build, then you are going overboard and should be required to install at least one or two Umbra Forma on that frame.  Most frames only really benefit from having at most two high-ranking Umbra mods, with the rest low-to-un-ranked just to boost the other(s).

On 2022-10-08 at 10:18 AM, rs_sakuras said:

3 x 16 is just really heavy for capacity and doesn't really leave much room for other mods.

(I'm talking about fully formad warframe.)

If they cost 1 or 2 less, you would still have to fully forma your warfame, but you could actually fit the mods you want in.

Yes, i know Umbra forma exists... But seriously. Can't really count that thing exists.

No Way Meme GIF

my problem with umbral mods is that there isn't really any place where they feel like they are needed: when they were first introduced in The Sacrifice, we were all under the assumption that some serious Sentient mobs would appear in missions in the future and stats like Tau Resistance and +Damage to Sentients would actually matter (notice how there's no Bane/Cleanse/Expel mods for Sentients?), but the closest thign we've got to this is Archon hunts, and those are easy without Umbral builds: Umbral mods don't really save you from Sentient attacks and additonal damage to Sentients doesn't matter when you can just strip their armor anyway. 

I'm not saying it's a total waste of time, but to me, Umbral mods don't really matter as much as they should, and there's not been a point yet where I've thought "thank god I Umbra'd this frame or this would have been much harder".

Archived