Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veilbreaker: Revenant Prime: Hotfix 32.0.12

[DE]Megan

17 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Theorem Demulcent Arcane applying its weapon damage increase buff to Wisp’s Breach Surge, Baruuk’s Desolate Hands, and Ember’s Fireball. 

• Theorem Demulcent is designed to only increase weapon damage and should not be able to affect any Warframe ability. 

I highly appreciate the thoroughness for this arcane, ensuring the game's state is consistent with the intended design.

It is however a dark day for Demulcent. Residuals and Theorems are extremely niche, lacking, conditionally demanding and not worth the time to farm. It is a missed opportunity for adding viable content diversity to the game.

55 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Changed Chroma’s Toxin Elemental Ward Holster Speed increase to a Damage Buff on weapon swap. 

• Changed Gauss’ Redline Holster Speed increase to a Cast Speed increase. 

That just made my Min-Max Reload speed Gauss build even more powerful since Elemental Ward felt like forever to cast since you can't mach rush while casting it so this increased cast speed helps out a lot. (The ammo changes severely hurt this type of build though sadly.)

Any update on this bug that severely impacts the DPS and way I like to play Titania using the Kuva Hek with Primed Ammo stock? Thank you.

19 minutes ago, dimerapis said:

It has been over 5 months since the Magus Cloud bug was reported and it still has not been fixed. Could you please investigate?

Yeah, FR. Glad to see they're doing the important job of killing niche applications for Theorem Demulcent - which barely anyone used anyway - instead of fixing Cloud to work more than half the time on some tilesets.

Hot take, DE: Demulcent SHOULD just be global damage. With the kinds of %damage available to weapons right now, Demulcent is, quite frankly, a pointless waste of two arcane slots.

Could just be coincidental, but in the ~10 relics I've run since this update, about half of them have ended up with either a host migration or failed lobby after loading into the mission.  I play on PC, and not every failed run is with an Xbox user.  Basically, about half the time, my missions simply aren't working correctly.  Host migrations are ending with 3 solos instead of a new host with a squad of 3.  Sitting on the loading screen with all circles filled longer than usual.  Kicked from inside the mission (loaded up) to the orbiter after losing connection to the host (no migration, just instant ended mission).

Also I would like cumulative Kahl tracking.  The side objectives are incredibly unfun/uninteresting, and I want to minimize my time in them as much as possible (until I have the weapons and a 2nd Styanax - then I can just completely ignore them).

1 hour ago, Archezares said:

Yikes, I guess demuclent is officially dead now

Yeah, sure glad they fixed this instead of:

- Fixing the refreshing stack bug (which may indicate these were always supposed to be able to be refreshed at max stacks but no one bothered checking)

- Contagion orbs still only last 6s instead of 30s

- Theorem Infection's damage bonus doesn't fall off companions and continues to stack with repeated applications until it hits what seems to be an overflow error, causing them to deal 0 damage

No, it's the niche use case where players are willing to spend two arcane slots and adjust their gameplay to benefit off of a clunky, buggy way to scale some Warframe abilities that needs to get fixed. That's clearly the best use of dev time. 

Can we get a comment on:

The implementation of Archon mod effects are inconsistent and arbitrary. I've color coded this to make it clear where the inconsistencies are.

• Volt's Shock is an ability that deals Electricity Damage directly.
    It triggers Archon Stretch. ✔
  • Khora's Venari is a Exalted Companion passive ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage via a companion.
    Believe it or not, she triggers Archon Stretch. ✔
  • Excalibur's Exalted Blade is an Exalted Weapon ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage via a summoned weapon.
  • Excalibur's Slash Dash is a Pseudo-Exalted Ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage directly.
  • Atlas Landslide is a Pseudo-Exalted Ability that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage directly.
    It triggered Archon Stretch until it was "fixed" in 32.0.9, and now it does not trigger Archon Stretch.
  • Gara's Shattered Lash and Khora's Whipclaw are both Pseudo-Exalted Abilities that can be modded to deal Electricity Damage directly.
    They have never triggered Archon Stretch.
  • Volt's Shock Trooper is an augment for an ability that deals Electricity Damage via a weapon.
    It does not trigger Archon Stretch.

That leaves some questions:

If the Archon mod effects are supposed to trigger when a weapon summoned by an ability deals damage, why are they not supposed to trigger when a weapon buffed by an ability deals damage? In both cases the damage comes from the ability, not the weapon, and the weapon is just the method used to deliver the damage to the target.

If the Archon mod effects are supposed to trigger when modded abilities like Exalted Blade, Serene Storm, Peacemakers, or Artemis Bow deal damage, why are they not supposed to trigger when modded abilities like Landslide, Shattered Lash, and Whipclaw deal damage? In both cases the damage comes from the modded ability, and where those mods are equipped does not change that. And if this is intentional, then Slash Dash is currently in need of being "fixed" like Atlas' Landslide was in 32.0.9. If that were to happen, why should one modded ability that uses Excalibur's blade trigger these effects when modded to, but not another of Excalibur's modded abilities when modded to using the exact same pool of mods?

Please clarify the effect of these mods with consistent rules. Abilities are abilities, and damage is damage. Pseudo-Exalted Abilities and abilities providing damage buffs should both trigger the effects of these mods if Exalted Weapons are allowed to.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Kuva Lich/Sister of Parvos generated while wearing the Dullahan mask on your Warframe having the mask appear incorrectly on them. 

Can anyone confirm, did they just remove Dullahan Liches entirely or is this just a fix the incorrect positioning of the mask?

Oh thank the Void. I was getting worried they'd gone nuclear on another one of my bug reports again. Looks #*!%in' S P O O K Y.

Eh9Q2QJ.png

More fun please.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Theorem Demulcent Arcane applying its weapon damage increase buff to Wisp’s Breach Surge, Baruuk’s Desolate Hands, and Ember’s Fireball. 

• Theorem Demulcent is designed to only increase weapon damage and should not be able to affect any Warframe ability. 

While this is unsurprising, it is also a touch disapointing. Grinding for both Theorem Demulcent and the Residuals, having to use a Kitgun, and taking up both the Kitgun's Arcane & one of our Warframe Arcanes, to be able to infuse some Abilitites with unintended Elements was a fun niche to build around.

I would love to see of a fourth Theorem Arcane, designed with the intention of giving additional Elements to Abilities.

Also, with that fix also acting as a nerf to Demulcent, itself being the debatably best of the Theorems while still being incredibly niche, could we get another pass at them? With this fix, the only "common" usecase left for them are minion-gimmick builds and that's very disapointing for such unique and complex Arcanes. At the very least letting us refresh the Stacks and their duration even after hitting the maximum total of Stacks, would be a massive usability buff.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the Theorem Demulcent Arcane applying its weapon damage increase buff to Wisp’s Breach Surge, Baruuk’s Desolate Hands, and Ember’s Fireball. 

@[DE]MeganOh yeah btw you should know that Naramon's Lethal Levitation works the exact same way (says weapon damage, but applies to many warframe abilities). Just to rip off that bandaid and be consistent (and take away one of the only things that makes Naramon good).

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

I miss when mods like shock trooper or smite infusion worked on abilities, the potential mix and match builds were pretty fun and the mod descriptions didn't specify weapons or abilities.

Anyways, no one was really using the theorem arcanes before but now there's def no reason using them over something like deadhead or rage. Atleast the residual arcanes give a bit of AOE to secondaries though.

Archived