Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!

Marcooose

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!   

22,862 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vote for the name of the Wolf-inspired Warframe?

• Raksha
    • Dynara
    • Lycath
    • Disa
    • Ylva
    • Ulfra
    • Voruna (Žvorūna)
    • Ghella
    • Fengarou
    • Nashoba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2022-10-28 at 03:59 AM

1 minute ago, Kagami2141 said:

Well, I don't think that bloody frames will appear yet, but it may not sound like it. Well, in general, then I would go through such anthropomorphic animals, well, or that she is there.

Technically Warframe has two vampire frames already: Garuda and Revenant. Revenant of course focuses on the undead and beguiling nature of vampires, but Garuda is the bloodletter. She comes with the bloodspatter sigil/overlay, and most of her skills have rather bloody animations. One of her direct inspirations is the legend of Elizabeth Bathory, who we know also as Camilla.

5 минут назад, (NSW)Captain сказал:

Technically Warframe has two vampire frames already: Garuda and Revenant. Revenant of course focuses on the undead and beguiling nature of vampires, but Garuda is the bloodletter. She comes with the bloodspatter sigil/overlay, and most of her skills have rather bloody animations. One of her direct inspirations is the legend of Elizabeth Bathory, who we know also as Camilla.

Well, I am more likely in general than in direct deepening, but also true. And what does your choice sound better from this list?

Name Raksha in the Indian origin, means The Moon; Protection; Guardian; One who defends and secures; One who keeps us safe; Savior; Protector.

Guess that makes sense given she's werewolf inspired. Plus it just stuck out the most for me so... Team Raksha!

Funnily enough when DE announced they were going to make the next warframe a werewolf Ylva was one of the first werewolf inspired names I came up with along with Waya, Voruna, Edon, Maiyun, Marrok,Tala, Faelin, Shunkaha, Lupa (Luperca) Velvela, Singarti and Veyla. Once I looked at her concept art though although not exactly werewolfy I honestly thought Cipactli fit here because of the way the wolf maws on her shoulders and hips are. And she does give off the more primordial slightly eldritch monster vibe then straight up werewolf. (Yes I am in fact a mythology nerd if you haven't noticed) Looking at the names DE picked now there are a lot of names ending in A and there could be some room for improvement.  

15 minutes ago, MarLiz1 said:

Dynara sounds like a great name... I personally don't like "Lycath" Why is everybody voting that name? (Serius question)

Because it's simple and identifiable. Not dissing on the other names and the lore behind them, but I'm also happy to have something that just blatantly plays to the theme.

Ngl though, some of these clowns are really considering dropping her over a name. I get DE absolutely sucks at decision making and transparency, but this is just petty.

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)BruteUnicorn134 said:

Lycath is probably derived from Lycanthropy, which is basically the act of becoming a Werewolf. That’s why I chose it.

Then you realize its a spell caster summoner type frame who doesn't actually change to a wolf, lol.  Well after seeing other posts previously about the plans for this frame, it may not be a frame that changes like that... but I could still be surprised.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Lady M3phist0 said:

Funnily enough when DE announced they were going to make the next warframe a werewolf Ylva was one of the first werewolf inspired names I came up with along with Waya, Voruna, Edon, Maiyun, Marrok,Tala, Faelin, Shunkaha, Lupa (Luperca) Velvela, Singarti and Veyla. Once I looked at her concept art though although not exactly werewolfy I honestly thought Cipactli fit here because of the way the wolf maws on her shoulders and hips are. And she does give off the more primordial slightly eldritch monster vibe then straight up werewolf. (Yes I am in fact a mythology nerd if you haven't noticed) Looking at the names DE picked now these are good picks for her but there are a lot of names ending in A.  

She doesn't look werewolf in the slightest, has NO ONE at DE ever watched the Hugh Jackman Van Helsing?

Archived