Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!

Marcooose

Vote on the name for the Wolf-inspired Warframe!   

22,862 members have voted

1. 1. What is your vote for the name of the Wolf-inspired Warframe?

• Raksha
    • Dynara
    • Lycath
    • Disa
    • Ylva
    • Ulfra
    • Voruna (Žvorūna)
    • Ghella
    • Fengarou
    • Nashoba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2022-10-28 at 03:59 AM

6 hours ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

it'a as generic for a wolf name as you can get besides fenrir.  the others are at least more unique.

we know that, we just think voruna is better.

ok...and the rest of the world?

So you are quoting me because one name is to generic and when someone says that the one you choose means some foul word in a language you reply with what about the rest of the world?

Dude, please tell me that you are either trolling, not serious, joking, or a kid, because otherwise i m gonna think you suffer from some i dont give a f about logics illness of some sort...

I said god so many times i think i'm becoming religious. Also some of the names of of some frames are volt (electricity) mag (magnetism) excalibur (has a magical sword like... what was that dudes name?) rhino (whatever rhino means i have no idea. Maybe a nuclear missle) hydroid and a few others because i cant continue saying this with a straight face :))))))

Raksha is terribly unoriginal (also, Kipling could sue), Dynara is a human name and looks weird for a frame, Lycath is cliche much, Disa lacks power, so does Ylva, Ulfra absolutely will be misnamed as "ultra" all the time, Ghella will be a pain to pronounce, Fengarou is cringe, Nashoba is a literal place, so i'm hoping Voruna wins because it's cool and strong. Totally sounds like the bearer could kick your teeth in.

On 2022-10-20 at 3:16 PM, Horactius said:

I feel like Raksha could be a whole different frame tbh.

That's the name of the wolf that adopted Mowgli from the Jungle Book. And I think it's rather fitting. Perhaps it could lend to a more fierce maternal protectorate past. A Dax that was a caregiver and defender to those orphaned because of the Old War willing to fight anyone and anything to protect her cubs. Even if it meant defying the far more powerful Orkin  as Raksha from the Jungle Book did to Sher-Kan “And it is I, Raksha [The Demon], who answers. The man’s cub is mine, Lungri–mine to me! He shall not be killed. He shall live to run with the Pack and to hunt with the Pack; and in the end, look you, hunter of little naked cubs–frog-eater– fish-killer–he shall hunt thee!” I think that would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Gemoroda said:

I give up. I am sorry I ever saw this thread and if possible i would take my vote back. Let the dumbest name, Voruna (such a strong name) win... =)))

I don't really why you're throwing salt, but you haven't really explained what was wrong with Voruna, except that it means something in Polish. Which like, okay, but this is apparently a Lithuanian goddess' name, so I'm not sure of the correlation.

14 minutes ago, Aurifer said:

I don't really why you're throwing salt, but you haven't really explained what was wrong with Voruna, except that it means something in Polish. Which like, okay, but this is apparently a Lithuanian goddess' name, so I'm not sure of the correlation.

Simple. Nicknames have to mean something. Lets get wf out of the question for this because frames like volt mag rhino have been given as an example not only by me.

Spiderman - spider not a butterfly.

Magneto - controls minds

Black widow - a woman thatdoesnt leave anything alive behind her, probably named after a chimpanzee 

Aquaman - breaths in space

Hulk - smartest man alive

Mistique - someone that you clearly know who it is from a crowd of 1k people

Batman - inspired by fear of mosquitos

Caitman - flies on a broomstick

Superman - a man weak to any substance known and unknown to man

Dr. Psycho - if i am not mistaken he can read hands

Joker - the most serious serial criminal in DC

Captain America - super soldier from France

Iceman - shoots fire

Pyro - controls ice

Scarlet witch - not a witch clearly 

Sorcerer supreme - has the power to control air

The invisible man - can phase through walls

Ant man / wasp - giant super heroes

Giganta - a small sized villain

Gorilla grod -  can transform into a cat

Cat woman - eagle inspired villain

Flash - can give someone headaches 

Thanos the mad conqueror - rules the galaxy and likes to give solar systems as gifts

Martian man hunter - an alien from jupiter?

Black panther - is a pink possum

Pink panter - a black possum

Black cat - another eagle probably?

Shazam - a guy that yells khumbaya to transform into a god

Iron Man - wears cardboard pants

Elastic girl - can change grow and control hair 

Plastic man - same

Hawk man/girl - can bend earth

Green lantern - controls water 

If these didnt make my point nothing can and thats why i am sorry to ever have engage in this thread / vote.

I am ok with a random name as long as the character is random. If he has a theme... NO.

And I go mad when I read ah. This is too on the nose or as someone said on reddit "if i dont have to google the name to see what it means, then its bad"

There is only one comment i saw that made sense for voruna because it was funny and cuddos for that guy even if he voted for voruna

"I want voruna to win because i cant wait for content creators to butcher the name"

And although i like lycath because its thematic to the wolf inspiration, it is not the only one that fits. There are 3 4 more.

But half of them are just... lets call her cassandra. Why not. It makes as much sense as voruna.

Thats why, i am out!

And i wrote this entire post just because, i dont know. I found your post polite. Excuse my sarcasm with all the examples above but logics (for some people) its... to much on the nose.

56 minutes ago, Gemoroda said:

Simple. Nicknames have to mean something. Lets get wf out of the question for this because frames like volt mag rhino have been given as an example not only by me.

Spiderman - spider not a butterfly.

Magneto - controls minds

Black widow - a woman thatdoesnt leave anything alive behind her, probably named after a chimpanzee 

Aquaman - breaths in space

Hulk - smartest man alive

Mistique - someone that you clearly know who it is from a crowd of 1k people

Batman - inspired by fear of mosquitos

Caitman - flies on a broomstick

Superman - a man weak to any substance known and unknown to man

Dr. Psycho - if i am not mistaken he can read hands

Joker - the most serious serial criminal in DC

Captain America - super soldier from France

Iceman - shoots fire

Pyro - controls ice

Scarlet witch - not a witch clearly 

Sorcerer supreme - has the power to control air

The invisible man - can phase through walls

Ant man / wasp - giant super heroes

Giganta - a small sized villain

Gorilla grod -  can transform into a cat

Cat woman - eagle inspired villain

Flash - can give someone headaches 

Thanos the mad conqueror - rules the galaxy and likes to give solar systems as gifts

Martian man hunter - an alien from jupiter?

Black panther - is a pink possum

Pink panter - a black possum

Black cat - another eagle probably?

Shazam - a guy that yells khumbaya to transform into a god

Iron Man - wears cardboard pants

Elastic girl - can change grow and control hair 

Plastic man - same

Hawk man/girl - can bend earth

Green lantern - controls water 

If these didnt make my point nothing can and thats why i am sorry to ever have engage in this thread / vote.

I am ok with a random name as long as the character is random. If he has a theme... NO.

And I go mad when I read ah. This is too on the nose or as someone said on reddit "if i dont have to google the name to see what it means, then its bad"

There is only one comment i saw that made sense for voruna because it was funny and cuddos for that guy even if he voted for voruna

"I want voruna to win because i cant wait for content creators to butcher the name"

And although i like lycath because its thematic to the wolf inspiration, it is not the only one that fits. There are 3 4 more.

But half of them are just... lets call her cassandra. Why not. It makes as much sense as voruna.

Thats why, i am out!

And i wrote this entire post just because, i dont know. I found your post polite. Excuse my sarcasm with all the examples above but logics (for some people) its... to much on the nose.

So just to recap, you find a name associated with a Lithuanian goddess, whose various names mean stuff like "forest" and "beast", and who is associated with both a hare and a wolf, and has a pack of wolves who follow her, and whose divine action is to protect the forests she is described as ruler of;1 that name is random to you for a wolf-styled 'frame?

I guess I just don't understand your argument, especially since you've pivoted away from it meaning something else in Polish to it being supposedly random.

Voruna is absolutely thematic and has meaning.

1I'm pulling this from a read-through on Wikipedia and some brief Googling, so take with salt, but there's been a lot of other responses before me that seem to corroborate what I'm saying, sooo... *shrug*

2 hours ago, Gemoroda said:

Do yourself a favor, and search Zvoruna, the name in the parenthesis. If your search engine of choice is Google, you will likely be redirected to wikipedia's article of Medeina.

It's a forest goddess from Lithuania, with a name that is derived from "beast," described as a she-wolf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medeina

It does have a meaning, and it's fitting. I hope that brings you some comfort.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Catch22Shadow said:

Voruna literally means the *@##$ in polish? Lmao and that's the number 1 vote right now. That's just a bit too directed for my tastes. 

13 hours ago, Giecio said:

"My source is I made it up!" I don't even know what word would it be similar to in Polish.

I looked it up and then went hmm someone's on something, then I saw your lmao and went oh yeah. :wink:

On 2022-10-20 at 6:18 PM, (NSW)Captain said:

Yeah cosigned, was cruising down the list and when I saw that name I could *hear* Reb introducing her in the Lotus voice. Absolute winner.

But clearly the name should actually just be Wolframe, fits perfectly with the name of the game and you wouldn't have to change what you've been calling it up to this point.

Or drop the "e" and you get Wolfram. Which sounds like a name 🤔 

Archived