Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players # in Usernames (implementation of a feature to change the #)

Leamer

Hi

with crossplay recently added to the game, players apparently got a #---
So I got mine as well, but maybe could an option to change our # be implemented ?

I suggest something like paying 50 or 100 pl (or another amount) to change # and maybe limit the number of # change to one or 2 per month or year (I suggest this to prevent spam changes)

It would be really nice because I wanna change mine 

unknown.png

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

I asked support how they were chosen or if there was a way to change them. They told me to make a feedback post, so here we are. I'm confused too. :)

i also asked support, here i am as well 🫠

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It seems arbitrary to me because I'm pretty sure there is still only one person with an IGN per platform.

it makes even less sense if you have cross play turned off. i don't, but still. would really like to not have a totally random (ugly) number assigned to me.

il y a 3 minutes, Space a dit :

same, or if not 000, 001. my identity is really important to me, so it's sad to see space#713.

for my part I recently got a number in one of my idendities sor I wanna get the same in game, and have a # that carry a story instead of a random one

The number should just not be visible if there isn't a duplicate name, unless they plan on allowing duplicate names... Then there should be a way to get rid of duplicate names on other platforms with no cost in the event someone owns both/all accounts.

Yeah as someone who already had numbers in their username seeing another set of #XXX just looks stupid. If I could at least change it to 000 it would at least blend in better.   

I get they needed to do this to avoid some issues but long run I'm less of a fan of it since I still see it being confusing if someone has the same name as someone else on another platform with only a number difference.  

I keep seeing these kind of sentiment of people disliking the numbers. I get that people prefer not having them at all, want to change the numbers, or just prefer having the platform logo but in my objective opinion, I think having the numbers makes the whole playerbase look uniform and orderly. And it's not like the numbers are plastered all over the UI in the game because as far as I can tell, the numbers are only shown on the profile and maybe direct message. (Though personally, I would've preferred having small numbers right next to my IGN instead of the generic icons we have now and the PC logo that depict all PC players as windows users.)

And for the original topic, no I don't think this is a good idea because some numbers like 000 or 001 or 007 or any of the popular number combinations will probably be used by a lot of people and in the rare case of multiple different people having the same name and choosing the same numbers, then there would be no point in adding the numbers to differentiate them in the first place. And you may argue that they can just choose a different number but that would also be unfair to the person not being able to choose the number that they want. Having the numbers directly assigned to us by DE would be the most fair choice for everyone.

19 hours ago, Horactius said:

no I don't think this is a good idea because some numbers like 000 or 001 or 007 or any of the popular number combinations will probably be used by a lot of people and in the rare case of multiple different people having the same name and choosing the same numbers, then there would be no point in adding the numbers to differentiate them in the first place. And you may argue that they can just choose a different number but that would also be unfair to the person not being able to choose the number that they want. Having the numbers directly assigned to us by DE would be the most fair choice for everyone.

that isn't the point of the topic's suggestion. it would be like paying for discord nitro, you cannot have the same name + exact same numbers as someone who paid for it first. if someone pays for something, they get priority, that's just how things work. it's not unfair to those who don't pay.

11 minutes ago, Space said:

that isn't the point of the topic's suggestion.

Well the topic is adding the ability to change numeric suffix given to players and my respond was to give a counter argument on why that could run into problems albeit, very rarely, so why wouldn't it fit the topic?

15 minutes ago, Space said:

it would be like paying for discord nitro, you cannot have the same name + exact same numbers as someone who paid for it first. if someone pays for something, they get priority, that's just how things work. it's not unfair to those who don't pay.

Never said anything about unfair to those who don't pay.

I presented 2 different scenarios where in first, people could choose both the same name and numbers making the identification pointless, and the other being forced to choose different numbers other than the one that they want because the number that they want is already taken by someone with the same exact name as them in which case I said it would be unfair to them who paid but not able to get the numbers that they want, though as I said before, would both be a very rare case.

Could've just chosen different numbers I know but not being able to get what you're paying for and then ended up having to get something else because you've already paid is, in my opinion, not nice. That's why I said having the numbers directly assigned to us by DE would be the most fair choice for everyone. Or people can just choose whatever they want I guess. Nobody really cares about anything unless it affect them anyway.

3 hours ago, Horactius said:

Could've just chosen different numbers I know but not being able to get what you're paying for and then ended up having to get something else because you've already paid is, in my opinion, not nice. That's why I said having the numbers directly assigned to us by DE would be the most fair choice for everyone. Or people can just choose whatever they want I guess. Nobody really cares about anything unless it affect them anyway.

nono, that isn't what i mean. discord doesn't allow you to have 2 people of the exact same name and exact same numbers even with nitro. what i mean is that it would be like that, so that no one could have the same name and numbers. and as for paying, it would just be like you do with changing your name. you only pay after you know the name is available, so this really is a non-issue what you're talking about. it would tell you if the name and numbers are available beforehand.

2 hours ago, Space said:

nono, that isn't what i mean. discord doesn't allow you to have 2 people of the exact same name and exact same numbers even with nitro. what i mean is that it would be like that, so that no one could have the same name and numbers. and as for paying, it would just be like you do with changing your name. you only pay after you know the name is available, so this really is a non-issue what you're talking about. it would tell you if the name and numbers are available beforehand.

Nonono, I know discord and have had nitro before and I know that you can't have the same name and numbers hence why I stated the 2nd scenario where people would be

6 hours ago, Horactius said:

forced to choose different numbers other than the one that they want because the number that they want is already taken by someone with the same exact name as them.

Admittedly, I have not changed my user name ever so I don't really know how the payment would work but that still doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't be fair to the person that couldn't choose the number that they want, although as I've said multiple times on my previous post, would be a very rare case.

6 hours ago, Horactius said:

That's why I said having the numbers directly assigned to us by DE would be the most fair choice for everyone.

I just can't believe that people would complain about some numbers and while I find the current implementation of both the numbers and icons to be a bit annoying visually, I don't think the numbers are all that bad unless you're getting numbers like the 666 or something else that could actually have bad connotation. I would understand if people just want improvement on the UI but I don't want to waste my time on this topic anymore. I don't really care how DE would ended up deciding on this. Would be nice if the whole thing would be improved upon but if there's none, too bad.

Archived