Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About downed pet Teleporting

AreeSoothsayer

It does more harm than good.

It can, and has, teleported my pet to where I was when I ran back to revive. Running back repeats this. Waiting in one spot? It never teleported.

Someone else's pet is downed and they don't notice, or don't care, and no matter how fast I go I cannot catch up to it. So I have to watch a pet I could save die.

Just... remove it. A stationary pet is far easier to get to.

3 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Just... remove it

No!

Sometimes your downed pet gets attached to your operator, just double tap 5 to teleport it to your location.

Downed pets of your teammates can be revived by just holding the key down even if they teleport away, unless you're host, then it will cancel the action. Generally if your squad member cares about their pet, they will stop and revive it too.

8 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

No!

Sometimes your downed pet gets attached to your operator, just double tap 5 to teleport it to your location.

Downed pets of your teammates can be revived by just holding the key down even if they teleport away, unless you're host, then it will cancel the action. Generally if your squad member cares about their pet, they will stop and revive it too.

If the icon doesn't show up for you when your pet is downed.. it won't work. I am talking about the pet teleporting away before you can get close enough to initiate the revive.

The teleporting shouldn't be removed unless the downing is removed.

Your pet can go down in the exit/entry of a Rail-jack base and you can't revive it because exit railjack/ship gets picked before reviving the companion.

There are probably more situations like this and in missions like defection/hijack its pretty useful too because you can't run to far from your objective.

If someone doesn't care about their pet you shouldn't bother reviving it, if you need a revive for the NW, just revive your own pet. remove armor/health/shield and other durability mods from it, watch it get one hit by some grineer skoom. Happy hunting tenno.

On 2023-01-16 at 10:53 AM, Genitive said:

It would be better to just remove downed state altogether and have all companions respawn after a short time.

honestly this ^. Self reviving pets are causing the same issue that carrier did when it was the only sentinel that had vacuum they are the overwhelmingly better option and even if the others had niches, it's better to have slightly less good pet in certain situations pet than to have a dead pet and lose your radar and vacuum.

Archived