Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leeching is a problem

cyntreau

I've been seeing a lot of players leeching on missions especially since crossplay, such as macro moving afk'ing in corners of the map on survival, or literally ignoring the objective on open world missions and going off to hunt or fish.. I'm happy to help players and I don't really care if they don't 'do' as much in the mission, but I do expect them to actually play the objective. I also expect the game itself to not allow other players to rudely leech off me while I'm the one actually doing the work. This branches out to other things, such as everything Railjack, and how the freemode system allows too much access to joining players such as the pilot and cannon, but again also allows players to just go off and do their own thing and it's frustrating that it's becoming more and more common.

If they're sitting in a corner actively being afk then I would personally report them, try and get some evidence like a screenshot or something too. 

In regards to the open worlds, it's a bit harder to judge, because you can be put in someone elses world without actually knowing anyones intent for being there, and mining and fishing is still a part of the open worlds, so they're technically still playing the game. If they however were to say, intentionally select a bounty, then leave you to do the bounty yourself while they fish or mine, I would consider that leeching and should be reported as such.

Just for an example of when I would fish and mine instead of doing the bounties even if they're active but feel I am not leeching: I've selected the open world node from the star chart without realizing I'm not set to solo, usually I would get a 5(?) second countdown that I can cancel so I can change to solo play to do fishing or mining, but if it is joining someone in an active world it doesn't actually give me this chance to cancel and change to solo and just puts me straight into a loading screen, so if I only need a couple fish, or a couple gems, I would rather go do that quickly, then go help with the bounty (Though in saying that I would normally communicate this and then head to the bounty immediately afterwards) to avoid putting myself in another loading screen.

15 minutes ago, a_small_ghost said:

I've been seeing a lot of players leeching on missions especially since crossplay, such as macro moving afk'ing in corners of the map on survival

People have always done this for years (but some players play innocent and pretend it doesn't happen) although they mostly do it in solo mode.  That's why they nerfed the AOEs and that's why they nerfed the monkey. I know that there are even people who sell macros on discord channels and others directly on their youtube channels.

PS: I am not going to put links since that would encourage some people to use them.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

way I see if, I'm going to do my thing, and I don't care if they do theirs so long as they aren't actively hindering me.

-basically, as long as there's no "friendship doors" I'm going to finish the mission For Myself, I don't care if someone else also profits off it as long as I got what I wanted.

I think the issue is that the anti AFK measure actually work quite well, they just arnt advertised as well as the should, so it punishes but diesnt deter.

4 hours ago, Drasiel said:

It's weird that you mention this increased after crossplay as macro AFKing is normally a PC issue due to easier access to 3rd party software rather than requiring macro capable stand alone hardware for a console.

I have seen it alot since the playstation joined the crossplay. The xbox trail seemed like buisness as usual.

Also seen alot more players forcibly launching the next game before you even load into the orbitor.

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I don't care if someone else also profits off it as long as I got what I wanted.

Naaah. It aint right.  

Ignoring small sht like that.....it has a foken snowball effect.   While you might seem ok with it, it still leaved that aftertaste in you. Enough for you to remember it here. 

You gotta kick em fukers in the arse, or you get stress accumulated. 

5 hours ago, Drasiel said:

It's weird that you mention this increased after crossplay as macro AFKing is normally a PC issue due to easier access to 3rd party software rather than requiring macro capable stand alone hardware for a console.

Its just to hate more on console players. I have a friend who complains about an 80 ping when the host is a console person or when they are slower than him. I told him: "Dude, its always been this way, if you know how, EVERYONE is slower than you and with the ping, we usually get like 50-70 pings if one of us hosts the game, thats normal my dude. Just play alone if it bothers you that much." Got no complain ever again.

50 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Naaah. It aint right.  

Ignoring small sht like that.....it has a foken snowball effect.   While you might seem ok with it, it still leaved that aftertaste in you. Enough for you to remember it here. 

You gotta kick em fukers in the arse, or you get stress accumulated. 

I think you might have a deeper stress management problem.

Do you react the same way to stuff that happens in RL? letting small things pile up in your mind with a constant need to retaliate?

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I think you might have a deeper stress management problem.

It's much simpler than that. ''He has been farming senselessly for 10 years and a master rank 5 comes and doesn't have to do anything because a macrobot does everything for him''
I've even heard of people farming 100-200k resources in a day.

One thing can lead to another. Imagine people who sell accounts up to the top of resources. I recently made a new account to see how new people are doing and the biggest pain of new people is not having enough resources... Now imagine that some macro leecher sells you an account that does not have much mastery but with a lots of resources. Illegality only breeds more illegality.

To me it's an instant report + quit if I see that the guy is not even trying and is afk at the spawn at the start of the mission. Tired of being the b*tch of someone who will be even more useless than a bot and who will not even try to play the game.

Seriously, I don't mind seeing someone doing like 2% of total damages at the end of the mission, but at least do something. Play Nekros with Desecrate, use a Frame who can boost damages, chase down the remaining ennemies at the end of a round, or at the very least, show that you are trying to shoot something even if that's with an unmodded weapon which has as much efficiency as a Nerf or a wet noodle as melee weapon, tell some joke in the chat to improves the team morale, whatever, but leeches doing absolutly nothing, like if Warframe is one of those stupid mobile game built around the concept of not playing, are complete cancer.

15 hours ago, -PLM-Billow said:

Its just to hate more on console players. I have a friend who complains about an 80 ping when the host is a console person or when they are slower than him. I told him: "Dude, its always been this way, if you know how, EVERYONE is slower than you and with the ping, we usually get like 50-70 pings if one of us hosts the game, thats normal my dude. Just play alone if it bothers you that much." Got no complain ever again.

I'm sure some of it is bias but there have always been 3rd party controllers with built in macro behaviour, after all that's all a "turbo" button really was.

17 hours ago, chaotea said:

I think the issue is that the anti AFK measure actually work quite well, they just arnt advertised as well as the should, so it punishes but diesnt deter.

I have seen it alot since the playstation joined the crossplay. The xbox trail seemed like buisness as usual.

Also seen alot more players forcibly launching the next game before you even load into the orbitor.

Interesting. Taking a poke around it looks like you can use certain PlayStation accessibility settings and a Microsoft free to download program with it's own accessibility settings to make rudimentary macros, probably enough for walking in a square pattern. Apparently this has been possible since the PS4. I would imagine there is similar methods for doing this on Xbox as well but as someone who owned an xbox most games came down super super harsh if you were automating anything. I'm not sure what Sony's ecosystem is like for that kind of behaviour.

Either way, grab a video of it happening if you can or a screenshot of them standing in a corner with another screenshot of their stats at the end of the match and that should be enough to put them on the road to ban town. Warframe doesn't take kindly to automation that avoids the afk measures.

On 2023-02-02 at 3:48 AM, NecroPed said:

If they're sitting in a corner actively being afk then I would personally report them, try and get some evidence like a screenshot or something too. 

Screen shots are not really worth much. You pretty much need recorded video where they are afk for an extensive period.

On 2023-02-01 at 9:32 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

way I see if, I'm going to do my thing, and I don't care if they do theirs so long as they aren't actively hindering me.

-basically, as long as there's no "friendship doors" I'm going to finish the mission For Myself, I don't care if someone else also profits off it as long as I got what I wanted.

i feel you on that one. had the same problem just ignore them do what you do

It's fairly common in archon hunts for players to die on purpose near the start of a mission after everyone has raced several hundred meters ahead. 

Almost every single week someone tries leaching hunts. I generally hang back to build combo on livia at the start of the missions so I'm close enough to revive. They die again, I revive again, they die again, I revive again and then they abort.

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

It's fairly common in archon hunts for players to die on purpose near the start of a mission after everyone has raced several hundred meters ahead. 

Almost every single week someone tries leaching hunts. I generally hang back to build combo on livia at the start of the missions so I'm close enough to revive. They die again, I revive again, they die again, I revive again and then they abort.

Dunno what they're trying to achieve there...

Archon hunts have that extremely aggressive participation timer. (something like 3mins) If they were to fully bleed out and die, then unless you're doing the 1-shot exploits; by the time the fight is over they'd be denied credit.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Dunno what they're trying to achieve there...

Archon hunts have that extremely aggressive participation timer. (something like 3mins) If they were to fully bleed out and die, then unless you're doing the 1-shot exploits; but the time the fight is over they'd be denied credit.

IDK what's going on then. Several times I've revived people multiple times when they died on the first pack of enemies and other times I've seen people die near the start of the mission and stay until we finished it. I assumed it was on purpose and not connection issues because If you spawn in at the same spot as everyone else there generally aren't enemies right at the spawn point so you'd have to move to the first pack of enemies to get killed. 

Maybe they were trying to leech but didn't know about afk timer, I didn't know about it until now. 

Archived