The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the upcoming Release of Duviri Paradox, Dormizones Needs a Change

Circle_of_Psi

So to echo an old topic of mine back in 2022 (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1305511-do-you-think-dormizones-will-be-doa/) I had the talk where the Dormizones might be "DOA" due to their niche and the lack of being able to Load into the Dormizones on Login and the lack of Orbiter Functions inside it.

However, now that the Dormizones have had time to settle and get into the wild of quite some unique Tours that people have made with them and with the upcoming release of Duviri Paradox I firmly believe that it will be a great idea to revamp the Dormizones to help fit their role better in the game, considering that the Duviri Paradox will be a "new way to play the game" (Meaning, new players can start there, somehow?). It'd make so much more sense if the first place that you get is the Dormizone unlocked with the normal Orbiter Functions inside it.

So here is the two Dormizone Changes:

• Orbiter Functions: Add the rest of the basic bread-and-butter Functions to the small Duviri section (The Mirror acts as an Arsenal already). If there is not enough space in that room, place them in other spots in the Dormizone, besides the Vista Suite, for obvious reasons.
  • Load Upon Login: Just like the Drifter Camp and Orbiter, you can choose this location to log into each time you Log into Warframe or finish a Mission, this will be very useful for new players who start at Duviri. (It might be a nice surprise for new players to watch other players start another way than they did, this also could "unlock" the Angels of Zarmin Quest for a brand new spot to unlock when they complete Duviri Quest, so the "Lift" is locked until the player does the Quest)

I'm not sure what else can be changed to help New Players but given how strange DE have done the Duviri Paradox being able to be played from the start (and how this affects other Quests, like Second Dream and Angels Quest) I've made a Feedback Suggestion to allow New Players to have their own spot to have if they play the Duviri right out the gate, rather then being magically teleported to a random ship they have no clue about since they did not do the normal main quest.

-Psi

Edit: Here are a few new sample pics of what can be done, forgive the terrible edit, I am not good at this lol

Warframe0003Warframe0006Warframe0007Warframe0000

Plus one. 

I would make the Dormzone my default starting area if I could. Nice change of scenery from Orbiter, plus I like the decorating potential more. Plus with the whole Vista etc I actually assumed at some point they would add it as an option, and that it got delayed. Duviri update though hopefully?

Anyway, agree with your points. 

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

(Meaning, new players can start there, somehow?)

Wouldn't they spawn in Teshin's cave and not be able to go to Dormizone?

Dormizone should definitely be a spawn point alternative though.

I too would like the Dormizone to be the another login spawn point. What I would imagine being available to newcomers after The Duviri Paradox quest, is through Teshin's Cave which is probably located in the fractal island encrusting the Drifter's Zariman 10-0, to get back into the Dormizone through the maggot door.

Spoiler

Also... to tie the story back to Vor's Prize after The Duviri Paradox, as the second tutorial quest... anyone else think the girl in the opening cinematic was actually the Drifter and not the Operator? We might get to re-enact that part of the cinematic after all.

On 3/6/2023 at 1:10 PM, Xaero said:

Wouldn't they spawn in Teshin's cave and not be able to go to Dormizone?

Dormizone should definitely be a spawn point alternative though.

I think they may spawn in Teshin's cave upon going into the Durvri update, but I think this might only apply to when you actively are either doing the quest or go into the "HUB" like you do with Cetus/Fortuna and Demios, or go right into the actual zone. 

100% agree. As of now, it goes almost completely unnoticed. IMO current dormizome is an unfortunate waste of effort on DE's part. Its great for people who like decorating, that part is undeniable. But right now, that's all its good for, and for everyone else who could do without decorations, why bother with it?

My prediction is that new players who choose to start with the Drifter in the Duviri Paradox update will have access to the Dormizone

Spoiler

because when we meet the Drifter in TNW they have already been living there for some time.

Players might not get a full orbiter suite in their dormizone based on what DE have shown us, because Duviri seems to be offering people access to weapons and Frames which players don't even own. They just get to choose from a bunch of different options for each 'run' because they seem to be going for a rogue-lite style of gameplay where you create a pre-generated build. They said they you would only use your own arsenal in Duviri for things that you already own, but it wasn't clear if that was in reference to custom appearance, mod/arcane loadouts, or both.

The new player who started as the Drifter will have to get OUT of their dormizone to discover the Orbiter functions.

• 1 month later...

So

I already made a similar post to this, however, I still have noticed that the Dormizone is still yet to be a log in place, the Dormizone is so closely connected to the new update, given the fact that it is available after the completion of The Duviri Paradox, this small room contains a Void passage leading to Teshin's Cave within the planes of Duviri. Here, the player can access their Arsenal, customize their Drifter, level up Drifter Intrinsics, review Duviri Lore, or speak to archivist Acrithis and trade for items with Duviri's resources. So why not add the other Orbiter Segments?

Below are some NEW sample pics:

https://ibb.co/jRG1w9r
https://ibb.co/nQN2NQL
https://ibb.co/sJKB5ZW
https://ibb.co/9263Bdf

I'd love to have the Dormizone as a login spot and the fact we already have the Arsenal and Drifter Intrinsics, I can not see why the other Segments can't be added here too, in the pics in the links are just possible places they can be

Psi

Edit: Incase on one wants to click links, here you are

Spoiler

Warframe0001

Spoiler

Warframe0002

Spoiler

Warframe0003

Spoiler

Warframe0004

Archived