Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This gameplay shown by Pablo doesn’t get me excited.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

On a positive note. Sun Wukong have a western aesthetics that fits him perfectly. This Wukong is simply amazing. 

wukong-1673868687402.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

A strict Chinese developer uses an European ultra realistic look, the developers of Myth where Wukong appears. 

The Wukong character in Warframe is no exception, a great depiction of such character. I do like both approaches. 

I don't think it's a problem that there are heavy asian artistic elements to Warframe, but the POINT was that it's not the ONLY influence. The problem that needed correcting in the statement was that it was ENTIRELY asian artistic design... when that's clearly NOT the case. There are MANY other influences, including "western" (this is used in two ways, western as opposed to oriental - this is an extremely broad category that is easily evident that this type of "western" influence is prevalent; norse being a very common theme, and a quick browse through the warframes will show a wide variety as already mentioned in Ervin's post (Frost Deluxe, Oberon and Titania, Styanax, etc) -  and western referring to the american cowboy theme... I mean, we have Mesa... as the most obvious, but we have some guns and stuff that could also be traced back there... not that I'm too keen on the wild west theme myself.)

No, this thread isn't worth the time for me to scrounge up image links, or take screenshots of my own to debate this point. And this is going way way way off topic in this thread (the gameplay shown in Pablo's video)... I don't like derailing threads.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

The problem that needed correcting in the statement was that it was ENTIRELY asian artistic design...  

You do realize that it was expressed as my PERCEPTION. Everyone knows that DE is an international developer. 

See? 

I simply want to see a western approach to the game. That is it. 

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

You do realize that it was expressed as my PERCEPTION. Everyone knows that DE is an international developer. 

See? 

I simply want to see a western approach to the game. That is it. 

I mean Chinese styles, but not Japanese or Korean styles. I have traveled there abroad. When you consider Chinese as altogether Asian, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian people will be highly offended just from my travel knowledge.

2 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

You do realize that it was expressed as my PERCEPTION.

On forums, your choice of words and phrasing is the only thing to go by, at least for me... and the original statement you made was objectively false on the face of it, since the word "entirely" is hyperbolic, an extreme, that excluded all the other obviously non-asian artistic elements that can clearly be seen in a multitude of Warframe designs.

Your perception and personal impression of the game is yours to have... but the statement was wrong.

4 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

I mean Chinese styles, but not Japanese or Korean styles. I have traveled there abroad. When you consider Chinese as altogether Asian, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian people will be highly offended just from my travel knowledge.

Entirely correct. 

Chinese are not Koreans, Koreans are not Japanese. There are CLEAN distinctions on these cultures. We use the term Asian in general. If we are strict, then Russians are Asiatic too. But that's another discussion. 

The aesthetics of Warframe has in intense influence from China directly to the point that two of the Warframes are Deities in another culture. That is significant. 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

On forums, your choice of words and phrasing is the only thing to go by, at least for me... and the original statement you made was objectively false on the face of it, since the word "entirely" is hyperbolic, an extreme, that excluded all the other obviously non-asian artistic elements that can clearly be seen in a multitude of Warframe designs.

Your perception and personal impression of the game is yours to have... but the statement was wrong.

If I work out things in a formal paper, presentation, write out papers on science and/or write any academic material then the choice of words matters. But in here we are talking about a GAME. Just enjoy your glass of water and have fun posting. 

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

Besides, some fellow Tennos are concerned if this game is too dominantly leaning toward Chinese art styles.

This is what I'm a bit curious about too, but then again the argument can be made with other "cultures", I mean look at Hildryn, there was a time when people didn't like Nezah's default skin as well, the same issue can be said in other games like Overwatch, with this "Lifewaver" fellow or Nimbus in Destiny 2, etc. 

52 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

-Lotus meme-

I know the Lotus isn't a real human (Sentient using magic to make her look like one) but I can't stop thinking about how uncomfortable that helmet must be to wear 

2小时前 , Sporthand 说:

YsLlzvW.jpg

chinese-dragon-colorful.jpeg

I agree in total. I am not alone in feeling that Chinese artistic culture from this scene.

I am Chinese and I don't feel any Chinese artistic culture from this scene. Not even remotely.

Well the void worm thing has been there since Railjack and lately mirror defense, and no body said "oh that's a Chinese dragon". And now suddenly this game was "entirely Asian".

Zeus Christ. 

On 2023-04-15 at 3:07 PM, RichardKam said:

Zeus Christ. 

This has interesting intentions. Let me take this bait. When you talk about our western/Hebrew influence in our culture, be careful how you approach it. 

Zeus is greek, a mythological figure classical from Homer, "Iliad"

Christ comes from the latin "Christus" and the hebrew word messiah. 

The name you are looking for is Yeshua. It is based on the Semitic root y-š-ʕ "to deliver; to rescue'. 

Anyway, carry on.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This is what I'm a bit curious about too, but then again the argument can be made with other "cultures", I mean look at Hildryn, there was a time when people didn't like Nezah's default skin as well, the same issue can be said in other games like Overwatch, with this "Lifewaver" fellow or Nimbus in Destiny 2, etc. 

Anyway, Psi this is a good observation but we are in a thin red line here. I am extremely careful how I work out my comments here. I smell a lot of flammable material here. I left behind my cigars and my sarcasms. I don't want this conversation turn into a forest wild fire during a tornado alarm. 

Let us NOT go there, shall we? :3

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I know the Lotus isn't a real human (Sentient using magic to make her look like one) but I can't stop thinking about how uncomfortable that helmet must be to wear 

I always make fun of Lotus in a mild way of course. That's inevitable. I wonder how she can wear that helmet. Only someone who practice halterofilia can carry so much weight. Imagine all the muscles and all the stamina that a person needs to carry that PINEAPPLE helmet (even if that resembles a lotus flower).  

lmao. 

Back on topic. 

Anyway, the gameplay of Duviri needs at least to be shown. We don't know a lot of things and we haven't seen long game play WITH THE WARFRAME. This is very important despite the trailer reveal. The game play matters a lot and how Duviri will be played. I don't like that slow hammer swinging to enemies that barely reacts. I know this is work in process but I NEED TO SEE QUOTIDIAN farming game play and how the Warframe fits in there. 

9 hours ago, RichardKam said:

I am Chinese and I don't feel any Chinese artistic culture from this scene. Not even remotely.

Well the void worm thing has been there since Railjack and lately mirror defense, and no body said "oh that's a Chinese dragon". And now suddenly this game was "entirely Asian".

Zeus Christ. 

I can't entirely agree with the Chinese as the whole Asian culture. Thus, the game's artistic designs should belong to Hongkongers, as you claim.

20 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Somehow THIS Is more Chinese than I expected. 

Many of the themes this game has are CLEAN influence from China. The western worlds, I am part of such US/European country, are fascinated by the Chinese artistry too. The quest Burning Shores is incorporating literally the Asiatic artistry in their designs. It's quite strange that Guerrilla Games goes in this direction while keeping the artistic values clean. The Chinese culture is treated extensively here with care

Yes, Warframe has other topics in the arsenal but I haven't SEEN a western topic being developed entirely in their game. Looks like Duviri will be their first try. 

Uhm if you are fascinated with chinese aestethics and themes, how do you possibly see them in Forbidden West? What I see when looking at the video you posted there is a distinct feeling of western (as in the location) tribes, ranging from the mainland americas and surrounding isles in both the atlantic and pacific. Just as the core game had a strong feel of roman era european tribes, like picts, celts, goths, germanians, saxons, scands (danes, sveas, cimbrians, geats etc.) and so on.

I'm also seriously not sure why you think western the moment you see horses in WF. I'd say it will be uhm very roman-like, with #*!%ed up games to please both the emperor and disgruntled citizens at the expense of slaves and other unwanted parts of society. I think more of Spartacus than Pale Rider when I see Duviri, both when it comes to the cinematic and the actual gameplay.

20 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Wait, but Guerrilla Games, a Western Developer are introducing Chinese THEMES entirely to Horizon Zero Burning Shores. A good addition to my favorite franchise. 

Wait I have to be corrected? Hmm

Let me see how this work.... 

Warframe-Duviri-Paradox-1.jpg?x25640

b6da7dea81222b4e1dd0cf3775a8ce51.jpg

I don't know, it's just mere coincidence, right. Do I have to be corrected? By who? 

But Guerrilla games are introducing Chinese Aesthetics in Horizon Zero Burning Shores and Forbidden west. 

So is Guerrilla Games...

You're aware that dragons are a massive part of most pre-christian cultures? Most notably dragons of destruction, that often also comes with a story of a dragon slayer, practically what we will be in Duviri. We have everything from dragons encircling the whole earth, to small ones that did something bad and is now the target for revenge.

Heck even christianity is big on the whole dragon thing, labeling Satan as the great dragon.

Also, given that we will hunt down the "dragon" on Duviri the inspiration very likely comes from western dragon lore. Here in the west dragons are a symbol of greed for instance, or the downfall of mankind (or everything). In china dragons are the opposite of greed, they bring luck and so on. And in japan, dragons are the defenders of mankind. So while Thor kills and gets killed by Jormundgand, the japanese dragons are Thor and protects mankind.

Would be kinda S#&$ty of us to go kill an asian dragon imo.

10 hours ago, LordOfThePovos said:

I hope my drifter gets to pull up on Thrax with a blicky. Show bro the destructive power of a kuva hek first hand

Using the drifter that is slow with a slower weapons like a heavy hammer should be an amazing idea right? When I saw the video the first time that Pablo disclosed I thought he was joking or making a meme out of the game Elden Ring. 

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Fair enough..

I would like to see how the mechanics of the Warframes will take place once the player finishes the solo quest. At least having one option to use the frame everywhere would be great. The field of Duviri is suitable for K-drives. If K-drives where better....

4 hours ago, Felsagger said:

I would like to see how the mechanics of the Warframes will take place once the player finishes the solo quest. At least having one option to use the frame everywhere would be great. The field of Duviri is suitable for K-drives. If K-drives where better....

More than likely not, Devstream showed no quest stuff and Warframe use was limited..

39 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

More than likely not, Devstream showed no quest stuff and Warframe use was limited..

I don't want to sound negative but looks like we will see a lot of heavy pyrotechnics without celebrating the end of the year. 

Advice: Stay off the road. Sauron is hunting down ring bearers. This is not a joke, exaggeration or sarcasm from LOTR. What you will see on these forums will be EXACTLY that. I will not post during launch period. 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

I don't want to sound negative but looks like we will see a lot of heavy pyrotechnics without celebrating the end of the year. 

Advice: Stay off the road. Sauron is hunting down ring bearers. This is not a joke, exaggeration or sarcasm from LOTR. What you will see on these forums will be EXACTLY that. I will not post during launch period. 

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Archived