Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Auto Climb

Fractyr

Remove the function where you are locked into spending a few seconds to slowly climb on an object that you barely missed jumping onto.

It would be much better it didnt happen at all since you would already be correcting your movement instead of waiting 3 seconds for this slow animation of climbing over a fence or box.

I can deal with it when using my Warframe, but when my Operator/Drifter decides to grab a ledge while in the middle of a void sling, then proceed to perform the grab/flip animation 2-3 times for no reason, it gets a little irritating.

On 2023-04-17 at 8:21 PM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Nah it`s fine the way is it more so for the operators, in fact DE should make it into a mechanic, it looks sick and you can do stuff like this.

Unfortunately my Ash post got merged with another post so I have to make a new one, here is the Ash post and again tell me what you think ON THE POST.

Operator sprint vault by Aaronj-c

What gets me is how the animation unnecessarily pushes you downward, as seen in the above clip. It wouldn't be nearly as awkward/slow if you kept your momentum and smoothly pulled yourself up instead of stopping completely and dropping down first.

Furthermore, when using a Warframe, the drop screws with the jump cancel. A ledge which you could otherwise reach by touching it then double/walljumping up can be missed because this animation pushes you below it, causing your jump cancel to pass underneath it.

What's OP's proposed alternative, in place of this after it's removed? Just stop dead and start falling if you so much as clip a ledge a bit? (which is what used to happen with Operator/Drifter, being able to climb is so much better)

I'd keep the ability to climb onto things if you just barely undershoot a jump, thanks - what it does need is to be *improved* not *removed*. Being able to just quickly vault up onto a ledge you bump into would be much more useful. Technically, this *sort-of* already exists: if you press jump at the start of the auto-climb it's *supposed* to make your character ninja-flip up onto the platform, it's currently kinda janky because of how it interacts with wall-jumping (and it was way more broken for long while, remember when trying to press jump to do a quick-up flip instead of a climb just made your character drop right down?)

It could definitely use having a smoother, quicker "vault up" type animation that keeps your momentum better, since one of Warframe's strengths as a game is the fluid, agile movement.

1 hour ago, (NSW)HedEmpTy said:

What's OP's proposed alternative, in place of this after it's removed? Just stop dead and start falling if you so much as clip a ledge a bit? (which is what used to happen with Operator/Drifter, being able to climb is so much better)

Depends on what collision box the player models actually have. If it's a box, then they need to add something that will push the player upward smoothly if it detects low-enough clipping. If it's a collision capsule or sphere, then the shape itself should pretty much take care of the problem on its own.

Archived