Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Move operations to Dormizone", like Orbiter/Drifter Camp

Gallerine

10 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Exactly!

I can't recall where they said they are gonna make the "goddamn gardening system with the planters outside the Dormizone" but if they're gonna do that, they may as well go all the way and allow us to use it as a base of operations. otherwise, this fancy little plantlife simulator is gonna be DOA, I really can't remember who asked for this. 

Overall, There is simply no excuse. 

4 minutes ago, PhiZero said:

I can chime in on this,

I never recalled them saying that gardening would be in the Dormizone

There were teaser screenshots of it, & in the last Devstream, (the one I posted in my last reply), Reb said they had big plans, then dropped it, then another big plan, then dropped it again, & now they have new plans that are much more simple & feasible

7 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

There were teaser screenshots of it, & in the last Devstream, (the one I posted in my last reply), Reb said they had big plans, then dropped it, then another big plan, then dropped it again, & now they have new plans that are much more simple & feasible

And those are the ones that gives the best results on the long run. These evades TECHNICAL DEBTS. 

I'm going to speak as an architect. The arrangement of the room may be a good addition including these green areas and the garden that is in discussion. I deeply enjoy those moments when people gather themselves explaining what they did in their apartments. I do enjoy the props that can be placed on the room and the kitsets for such place with the design theme for it (Zariman). 

I think there are few examples for simple "TETRIS like" gardens like a tower of blocks with green areas. Or the ones found in FEZ, (Tetris inspired). Such themes should happen more often. Now the collection of natural 3D model props of trees in Duviri could be used here too. 

Dormizones needs those large TV screens or something displaying information of users, number and possible rank and the like. That could make the whole experience like an "airport" outside of the Dormizones. 

Maybe. 

2 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Yeah, I can see why...

6 hours ago, Felsagger said:

The dormizones on the ship seems like the place where the Tenno should be. It is a social hub and a world connector to Duviri, Plains, Fortuna, Deimos. At least connecting the orbiter with all the assets to the dormizones would be great. It's a plausible idea for those who want a more social interactivity between tennos/drifters. I agree with this idea entirely. 

Yeah, I have to agree with this as well.

5 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Devs have been announcing "big plans" for the dormizone since its literal introduction with Angels of Zariman.

Almost everyone had doubts about having a completely isolated personal space with no utility besides playing "IKEAframe" and they said "oh, don't worry, more to come!"... And here we are, asking the same things and giving the same feedback.

I genuinelly believed them when they said that they were going to bring utility, I feel so dumb and naive.

13 hours ago, vanaukas said:

I genuinelly believed them when they said that they were going to bring utility & announcing "big plans" for the dormizone.  I feel so dumb and naive.

Don't worry, we've all been there, this is what they do, they "claim" to have "Big Plans" and then never do them, cuz "Oh no, it costs too many resources!" or "it not brings enough money to the table". (The list goes on). As soon as everyone started coughing up money to pay for their  "IKEAframe" habit, they knew that whatever other plans never mattered anymore.

Welcome to Warframe Van.

People asked for hubs in Rerlays...

People asked for hubs in Dojos...

People asked for hubs in Railjack...

People are asking for hubs in Dormizones...

Nope, "too much work to add those" 🙄. Then why Drifter's Camp has hubs? Why we have separate Arcanes hub? How hard is it to just give a little QoL improvements for players here and there?

1 hour ago, Hayrack said:

People asked for hubs in Rerlays...

People asked for hubs in Dojos...

People asked for hubs in Railjack...

People are asking for hubs in Dormizones...

Nope, "too much work to add those" 🙄. Then why Drifter's Camp has hubs? Why we have separate Arcanes hub? How hard is it to just give a little QoL improvements for players here and there?

Why not unify them in just one place like that dungeon ship. 

Why not move the whole Dojos there to that gigantic ship. There makes more sense and such dojos needs a serious update on props, layout and creation tools. Clans who wants the old ones can preserve them. Clans who wants to reboot getting all the resources in return can establish their dojo there with a better layout. 

I think a good unification suffice. Dojos are dead art museums that no one visits much. Why not put all these things in one place or relate them like a docking bay for orbiters, rail jack, an armory and a place for your mounts like that horse. 

12 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm sorry, but I gotta bite, why are you calling it that?

Reminds me a dungeon in the good sense. This ship is more like a city hub on a moving platform. It's a D like ship. The name has no second intentions. People knows it like the Dormizone. 

d15662f9-580c-4bd7-a59d-832d5d6261a8-e16

That looks like a dungeon carrier ship. 

That idea was quite different in the game Echo.   

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nkdA

martin-emborg-echo-ship-final-orbit.jpg?

martin-emborg-echo-ship-final.jpg?155894

I do prefer the Warframe approach. Looks way better and suits the first ship that found the void. 

37 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Reminds me a dungeon in the good sense. This ship is more like a city hub on a moving platform. It's a D like ship. The name has no second intentions. People knows it like the Dormizone.

You know Felsagger, I had the exact same impression of the Zariman the first time I saw it.  I thought it was going to have a lot of exploring and building to do in a very unwelcome place at first. 

In fact, it reminded me oddly enough of the level named Neameto from the original Shadow Hearts, for the PS2.  Neameato in that game was supposed to be a very ancient, very evil place hidden from the rest of the world for a very good reason - haunted things lurk there, that should not ever be allowed out.  The place very much gave that impression, too.

Or, like the Labyrinth of Amala, from the game Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.  The Labyrinth in that game made you very clearly feel like you were not supposed to be there.  Everything more than a room in front of you or behind you is swallowed by darkness, looking like it only reluctantly forms when you move - only to eagerly dissolve and lose its form as you move past.

17 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

You know Felsagger, I had the exact same impression of the Zariman the first time I saw it.  I thought it was going to have a lot of exploring and building to do in a very unwelcome place at first. 

In fact, it reminded me oddly enough of the level named Neameto from the original Shadow Hearts, for the PS2.  Neameato in that game was supposed to be a very ancient, very evil place hidden from the rest of the world for a very good reason - haunted things lurk there, that should not ever be allowed out.  The place very much gave that impression, too.

Or, like the Labyrinth of Amala, from the game Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.  The Labyrinth in that game made you very clearly feel like you were not supposed to be there.  Everything more than a room in front of you or behind you is swallowed by darkness, looking like it only reluctantly forms when you move - only to eagerly dissolve and lose its form as you move past.

Just LOOK what CAPCOM IS DOING with Street fighter. It's literally THIS, an idea that DE had for more than TEN YEARS in the making. Social hubs are very important to the game. This is changing the pace of PvP games. This is changing how other companies envision their products. Even Kojima Production had these ideas with Death Stranding, a game that has ZERO to do with Warframe. 

Warframe needs a great hub like city where the player can explore his warframe, parkour and all the features this game has to provide. This game has A LOT to show. A Dormizone is a great idea as is. This is one of my 10/10 reviews for this content in the game. It was simply amazing and a good change on DE vision for the game. We should have MORE of this moving platform or colossal dungeon ship. 

Why not have a miny city to this where we could explore. This sounds a bit like Genesis 2 in Ark if we compare map size. Again Ark is something else but this ship resembles a big hub where all the social systems could be transported here. The player will not lose his orbiter or railjack. On the contrary. These things could be there in the dungeon ship or Zariman ship. There should be more than ONE Zariman ship out there too. 

Warframe IS, without any doubt, a social game. 

This IS that future for Warframe. I'm deeply interested in it. 

On 2023-05-05 at 1:26 PM, Felsagger said:

Ahh alright, fair enough then 

26 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Ahh alright, fair enough then 

Dormizones may have:

1. A small space for gardening or area for sculpture similar to the Dojo. 

2. A holographic display showing the amount of players at any given time and positioning. 

3. A docking bay for the Orbiter. 

4. A docking bay for the Railjack. 

All of them in one place. 

43 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Dormizones may have:

1. A small space for gardening or area for sculpture similar to the Dojo. 

2. A holographic display showing the amount of players at any given time and positioning. 

3. A docking bay for the Orbiter. 

4. A docking bay for the Railjack. 

All of them in one place. 

Hm, you saying such reminded me of a dream I had a few years back of Warframe having an MMO City Style place (For a short reference; Think of the old Tower from D1 but bigger)

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Hm, you saying such reminded me of a dream I had a few years back of Warframe having an MMO City Style place (For a short reference; Think of the old Tower from D1 but bigger)

Collecting everything up in one hub is better for DE. Makes things easier and streamed. This may have a positive effect on the long run. 

As others have said, scrap gardening. Make the player homes a choice with full functionality (armory, navigation, foundry etc). I'd love to use the Dormizone exclusively and skip the orbiter/drifter camp. An entire gardening system can be replaced by adding a few models to the decoration store in Market. Waste of developer time. 

34 minutes ago, Arbalest2 said:

As others have said, scrap gardening. Make the player homes a choice with full functionality (armory, navigation, foundry etc). I'd love to use the Dormizone exclusively and skip the orbiter/drifter camp. An entire gardening system can be replaced by adding a few models to the decoration store in Market. Waste of developer time. 

If gardening can work like infinite extractors, giving us resources every day, I don't think it should be removed

3 hours ago, -Krism- said:

If gardening can work like infinite extractors, giving us resources every day, I don't think it should be removed

Well... we don't really know what it would give us at this time, only that it was something they were struggling to develop. Improving extractors would probably be simpler, and gardens can be decoration items. That solves both problems and can be created in a few days.

Obviously this is speculation, but I would bet gardening won't be like you are hoping. Likely more a simple minigame with a foundry tie in for resources related to improving the garden and not much else. Made much less interesting since it'll likely only be in the dormizone and not any other 'housing' area. Hence the suggestion to improve that first. 

Am 4.5.2023 um 21:33 schrieb vanaukas:

And here we are, asking the same things and giving the same feedback.

I genuinelly believed them when they said that they were going to bring utility, I feel so dumb and naive.

Few years ago i started to ignore everything they say that is not in the Patch-Notes.

"here we are again": Indeed, and nothing changed. So let me pull a Topic from one year ago to answer this:

Am 4.5.2023 um 15:55 schrieb Circle_of_Psi:

Exactly!

I can't recall where they said they are gonna make the "goddamn gardening system with the planters outside the Dormizone" but if they're gonna do that, they may as well go all the way and allow us to use it as a base of operations. otherwise, this fancy little plantlife simulator is gonna be DOA, I really can't remember who asked for this. 

Pablo said it in a Chinese Q&A:

Zitat

Question 4:

Do you consider adding Farming Areas in the Drifter Camp or on the Plains of Eidolon where players can cultivate specific plants and raise animals? Thought this mode might be popular, not only expanding the player base, and but also improving Warframe's retention rate.

Pablo:

This is a bit of a spoiler, hopefully no one will see this. But if you go and visit your dormizone, in the Angels of the Zariman that just came out, just look around, you might see a little tease of what's to come, a little tease of what's to come.

Link:

Spoiler

@Circle_of_Psi,

A bit off topic, but looking at the Zariman it looks huge, giving me some serious ME citadel vibes.

On that, I'd give my left nut for the dormizones to be given more purpose and once you leave it, enter into a sprawling metropolis-like area with vendors from all across the system, NPC's chatting and arguing, an occasional mugging or someone requiring a favour/begging for creds, news blasting from terminals. And ofc other tenno chilling in the lounge.

Ofc this would imply that as far as lore is concerned the vermin infestation has been taken care of.

1 minute ago, Veridian said:

A bit off topic, but looking at the Zariman it looks huge, giving me some serious ME citadel vibes.

On that, I'd give my left nut for the dormizones to be given more purpose and once you leave it, enter into a sprawling metropolis-like area with vendors from all across the system, NPC's chatting and arguing, an occasional mugging or someone requiring a favour/begging for creds, news blasting from terminals. And ofc other tenno chilling in the lounge.

Ofc this would imply that as far as lore is concerned the vermin infestation has been taken care of.

Heavily agreed.  I'd like to see the Zariman become essentially another player hub, like the relays are - only more expanded than the relays.  Bring in shop vendors from Fortuna, Cetus, and Deimos as well.

I'd be more hesitant about putting rep vendors for the different factions there as well, but it would make sense for at least the Syndicates to have representation there.

1 hour ago, Veridian said:

No, lol. That's ON TOPIC 100 percent. 

This Zariman ship is gigantic. It's enormous. It has a city in it so big that is even impossible to settle the scale 1 to 1. This is a citadel where all Drifters and Tenno reaches the mystery of eternalism. I think that DE hit gold with this Zarmian ship. It's beautiful in every strict sense. It has gardens, cities, engines, labs, apartments, etc. 

This ship IS a citadel or a hub where a colony of humans are destined to live there for a very long time. 

On 2023-05-04 at 10:55 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Exactly!

Overall, There is simply no excuse. 

I only hope they don't lock nice things behind this. It should be a plus to those that want to actually plant, not a problem for those that don't want. I can think on a million things that imo should take priority over a garden, but that is the beauty of warframe, they do stuff that make no sense and in become fun in the end. Last night i spent HOURS playing Happy Zephyr! LOL I wanted to play Frame fighter but never could. when i tried to play with a friend it didn't work. They also put resources in Lunaro, that no one asked for, but it could have been a success. At same time they retired old Dark Sector PvP that was a LOT of fun and most people liked playing to "fix" and never put it back. That's the fun of DE, they are pretty random to be honest. :D 

• 1 month later...

If they're going to add gardening I'd rather they have it in the camp considering the state the dormizone is in currently. The environment is just perfect for it. That empty spot near Kahl's Garrison (unless someone else is going to camp there and I'm going to hazard a guess it would be Veso or some other corpus dude/woman?) is good for growing crops and flowers, while that small underground cave could be home to exotic plants and fungi. 

Archived