Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could choose an enemy(s) to be Infested/Corrupted/Narmer'd what would it be?

Zahnrad

Always been fond of the Factions that are made up of enemies stolen from other factions and made into their own.

So either just for complete chaos and wanting to see the world burn, or any other reasons. What enemies would you like to see incorporated into any of the three factions that do this? (Infested, Narmer and Corrupted)

Overall I'd like to see the three Fanmade Mini-Boss enemies (Bursas, Manics, Juggernauts) incorporated into other factions but if I had to choose a specific combination.

Infested/Mutalist Bursa(s)

It's been a long time since we last saw a new Mutalist enemy. I'd like something to remind us that Alad V's unique strain is still causing problems long after curing himself.

But I'd also like to see how the Infested biology would alter and mutate bursas. A mutalist with a bit more armor and firepower.

Infested Manic or Corrupted Juggernaut could be fun too. Though I feel an Infested Manic would just be an Infested Zealot

P.S. Corrupted Drahks still don't appear in the Codex sadly.

Honestly I'd want to see the black-and-yellow uniformed Narmer Grineer troops that we've so far only seen as corpses in action. The ones that we find on our way to you know who during the Uranus mission and the guys around during Kahl's Murex mission right as we spawn in. More for lore-implications than gameplay reasons, but would love to kill them in gameplay, in the sense that it seems these Grineer didn't have veils, and so might have been part of a batch of clones educated to be loyal to Narmer without the use of the masks. I doubt the entirety of the population was veiled, only where it was prudent to do so, and these clones may have been a plan for an eventual transitional next-phase of the Sentients making humanity docile.

We saw them impaled on swords. Not sure if the implication is that they wielded them and Stalker felt like decorating. Honestly I'd love it if they came equipped with a Narmer-original Sentient-derived rifle. Yes you may say they would be seen as redundant with the presence of veiled Lancers, but perhaps some energy weapon similar to how the Tenet Flux Rifle fires would set them apart, or maybe a charged shot that is telegraphed on their models similar to how we see the red circle on Dax enemies when they prepare an unblockable attack. That would be distinctive. 

14 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Can Warframes themselves get corrupted or veiled? I'd like to have some wild surprises once in a while :)

Well, through both Sacrifice Lore and Infested dialogue and even Operator dialogue. It seems both Warframes and Tenno are immune to the Infestation.

I think Warframes and the Tenno are "Orokin" or given some sort of clearance and the Neural Sentry turns a blind eye towards trying to Corrupt us, or we're just immune.

I feel like Warframes can probably be veiled since Ballas probably had a hand in designing the Veils. Might even be how they acquired Warframes to turn into Archons.

Kinda want an Archon themed frame now. Maybe borrowing from each of the three Archons we can fight.

Call it Ballas's last unfinished project.

TBH I'm not really into recycling enemies, but the Infestation's ability to completely change the anatomy and abilities of it's subjects makes it the most viable path by far IMO. Infested Bursas would be interesting, but so would other proxies: Mutalist Jackals/Lynxes/Hyenas, Mutalist Raknoids etc. infested Ghouls might also look pretty great,

I also suppose that now we have Dax enemies in Duviri, perhaps a new type of Corrupted could appear based on lost Tenno Operatives/ unaffiliated humans who ventured into the void.

I would love it if all the Index Enemies got Narmer'd and would take over random Corpus Nodes that you can beat to get Stock and/or Narmer weapon parts that they use. Same for the Grinner but with The Executioners.

Provided Alad somehow survived the destruction of the ship, which I'm near-certain he did, he'd probably be one of the supplicants of Narmer seeing how he was already tied with the Sentients, regardless of his feelings for the Ropalolyst. The Sentients probably put veils on the populace where it was strategically expedient, but some officials were probably persuaded, others outright coerced and didn't need a veil. 'Course, if they show overt signs of starting to act against the interests of Narmer and veil goes right on. 

In the post-Narmer era, Alad may be trying to take advantage of the Amalgam program and produce some derived units and tech that are not under the Sentient thumb, and he may also retain some ties with Narmer, playing both sides to make a profit. That's how I imagine our next interaction with the notoriously hard-to-permanently-kill guy will be.

8 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

TBH I'm not really into recycling enemies.

For me, I always liked the Corrupted because they felt like an amalgamation of all three factions (at that point in time in Warframe) as a way to test yourself against all of those factions at the same time.

Infested don't really fit that mold, since their method of assimilation changes the unit drastically.

Narmer seem to be trying to fill the same role as the Corrupted but with a Sentient twist.

In a lot of ways I'm not big on Narmer having taken the job of the Corrupted however there is certain strengths and weaknesses that make the Corrupted and Narmer differ.

Strength: The Corrupted's Neural Sentry is able to assimilate the Infested, or at the very least, the Ancients and render their infectious properties inert, along with Corpus and Grineer. Corrupted enemies are typically more durable than their non-Corrupted counterparts.

Weakness: The Corrupted cannot assimilate Sentients (or at least, not as easily) thanks to the Void being literal poison to the Sentient.

Strength: Narmer incorporates Sentients and Sentient based enemies such as the Amalgams. Like the Corrupted, it is also able to control Corpus and Grineer. It has the unique Deacons and Archons. Narmer units may also possess unique abilities that their non-Narmer counterparts don't have.

Weakness: It seems Narmer doesn't want anything to do with the Infestation and I assume this means they have no method of controlling it, which means it cannot assimilate Infested units.

Archived