Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 33.5: The Seven Crimes of Kullervo

[DE]Megan

On 2023-06-21 at 4:54 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Increased enemy spawns and added Eximus units to defeat at the end of the mission. 
    • With the wave reduction, we want to maintain a level of challenge throughout the mission by ending it with a bang. 

Are you sure you didn't mean "added Eximus units to defeat at the end of each wave"? Because that's what I'm seeing.

• Like 2

В 21.06.2023 в 17:54, [DE]Megan сказал:

Increased enemy spawns and added Eximus units to defeat at the end of the mission. 

• With the wave reduction, we want to maintain a level of challenge throughout the mission by ending it with a bang. 

did you at least test what you "want" to maintain or you do it out of the blue?

• Like 2

On 2023-06-21 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Undercroft Exterminate Mission Change: 

• Slightly reduced the number of enemies required to exterminate (scales with number of players in squad). 

Would you please clarify if this squad-based scaling is intended to apply to Steel Path? It currently does, making Duviri Exterminate into a significant departure from the normal Steel Path rules that apply everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-06-21 at 7:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Enabling "Shader Cache" should improve the performance of the game if you are using the DirectX 12 renderer. By storing shaders that have been prepared by the game for future use, loading times and micro-stuttering behaviors seen during gameplay should be reduced, especially on older CPUs.

• Applies to both the "Classic" and "Enhanced" mode in DX12. DX11 is not affected.
  • There is a small increase to the amount of storage space used by the game. 

This feature is new and experimental, so let us know if you see anything very strange happen to the game's visuals with "Shader Cache" enabled. Or just let us know if the performance of the game is noticeably better!

Strange, For me This causes stutters and performance issues instead of improving it... 

I recommend disabling it especially if you have an AMD card

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-06-21 at 7:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Applies to both the "Classic" and "Enhanced" mode in DX12. DX11 is not affected.

Or is it?  Hmm..

I just wanted to share my experience here in case anyone else is having similar problems.  After this update went live, I started having really annoying performance issues.  I use DX11, and Frame has always worked flawlessly and beautifully for me.  I didn't read the patch notes for this update, so I didn't know about the new shader cache option in the launcher.  At first I thought the performance issues might be my imagination, but then I quickly realized that something was very wrong.  Massive stuttering, seizing, randomly dropping to single digit fps.  I started a quest, and the cutscenes were seizing and stalling like the game (or my computer) was having a heart attack.  I've never experienced anything like this before.  I learned about the new shader cache feature and wondered if that could be the problem.  I opened the launcher settings to check.  I was still on DX11, and the shader cache feature was enabled.  I unchecked it and launched the game, and everything is back the way it was.  Beautiful, perfect, buttery smooth, flawless.  So, yeah, idk what the deal is, but perhaps the shader cache feature negatively affects DX11 users in some way after all.

• Like 2