Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 33.5: The Seven Crimes of Kullervo

[DE]Megan

Now, reduced number of waves in Undercroft defense is nice, but I have a concern about the static portal version: are you sure that replacing every enemy with an eximus during the 3rd wave was a good idea? Or was it bugged for me?

I know that static Undercroft portals have Eximus Stronghold modifier, but only 2 or 3 enemies were normal during the 3rd defense wave there. It was such a mess. Like, you literally cannot see who to shoot - your entire screen is covered in visual effects.

I mean, it's totally doable if you have enough decrees, but damn it's a mess.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed switching to Incarnon Mode with the Strun Wraith causing ammo to stick to the player and follow them around.

I think this part - ammos sticking to the player part - is not happening exclusively to Strun Wraith.

• Like 2

Undercroft Defense Mission Changes

• Reduced waves from 5 to 3. 
    • In an effort to decrease the length of Defense missions in the Undercroft, we’ve opted to reduce the number of waves to complete.
  • Increased enemy spawns and added Eximus units to defeat at the end of the mission. 
    • With the wave reduction, we want to maintain a level of challenge throughout the mission by ending it with a bang. 
  • The Defense Target will now regenerate its Shields to full in between waves. 
    • In light of the increase in enemy spawns and the addition of Eximus units, we wanted to ensure the target wasn’t in any immediate danger of being destroyed right on wave reset. 

Sooo... You reduce the rounds, but cram the spawns from those rounds into the remaining rounds? You do know defense mission length is ultimately determined by the speed with which you kill a set amount of mobs, right? And then you add a clump of eximus units, which can really ruin the run for especially solo players and people unlucky with their loadouts.

Undercroft Survival Mission Changes

• Slightly reduced drop rate of Life Support capsules from enemies.
    • Since Undercroft Survival does not last longer than 5 minutes, it does not need to use the same rules that let players stay indefinitely in an endless Origin System’s Survival mission. As long as players are killing enemies and activating Life Support towers when needed, this shouldn’t cause any problems!

If I was lucky, I could look for fragments before concentrating on collecting life support modules. Looks like I can't do that now. I just have to start hunting right away, and hope enough mobs spawn and drop modules, and I have a loadout, that can kill fast enough in SP, that I don't run out and fail the entire run.

You must really hate solo players.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Sooo... You reduce the rounds, but cram the spawns from those rounds into the remaining rounds? You do know defense mission length is ultimately determined by the speed with which you kill a set amount of mobs, right? And then you add a clump of eximus units, which can really ruin the run for especially solo players and people unlucky with their loadouts.

If I was lucky, I could look for fragments before concentrating on collecting life support modules. Looks like I can't do that now. I just have to start hunting right away, and hope enough mobs spawn and drop modules, and I have a loadout, that can kill fast enough in SP, that I don't run out and fail the entire run.

You must really hate solo players.

Yup, exactly how I feel too.

• Like 2

Another thing that apparently needs to be pointed out:

7 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Since Undercroft Survival does not last longer than 5 minutes, it does not need to use the same rules that let players stay indefinitely in an endless Origin System’s Survival mission. As long as players are killing enemies and activating Life Support towers when needed, this shouldn’t cause any problems!

The Undercroft survival already only gets two towers, half of a normal 5 minute survival, and drops yield half as much life support already. It does not use the same rules as Origin system survival.

But I guess it's funny to have people fail multi-rotation runs from RNG.

• Like 4

On 2023-06-21 at 5:13 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We want to ensure that you matchmake with players who have completed at least 1 full Spiral.

You essentially receive the 5 Pathos Clamps back from the mission due to fighting the Orowyrm at the end.

If that was really purely the intention you would refund the 5 pathos entry cost on mission completion. 

But. You. Don't.

• Like 8

On 2023-06-21 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed low level enemies killed by headshots not filling the Incarnon Mode gauge for Primary and Secondary Incarnon weapons. 

Am I crazy or do Incarnon weapons feel harder to charge now against low level enemies? Like I'm getting 1 charge per head regardless of multishot and sometimes I get none even tho it was a headshot. Not seeing anyone else mention this. Against steel path they stay alive longer enough that charging the gauges is fine but with low levels it feels way worse since this update for me

• Like 2

Got 5 Ressources for Steel Path Kullervo... 43 mins playtime... i need 72 for Gun and Frame... Makes 10 Hours and something when nothing goes wrong... seriously? this is the most stupid, boring, (insert here) stuff you ever pulled off. i am playing your game for 7.800 hours... i buy every prime access and some more because i really love warframe... but guys... every grind so far was fun because you could come up with different builds to cheese the sh** out of it or make it at least interessting. but this is pure random and even if you god roll... its lone story... if you dont hit two specific decrees it takes forever...

W...T...F... i know you want money... ppl buying new stuff with plat and so on... but THIS grind is better left alone and we do it, when it happens by random while we are in duviri... thats by far less painfull...

Edited by Virisken
  • Like 5

On 2023-06-21 at 7:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Changed Dread’s “Coup De Grace” Incarnon Evolution II perk name to “Stalker’s Resentment” and updated its description to better inform of its interaction with the other Stalker weapons. 
    • Was: Increase Damage by +10. +10% Fire Rate, stacks up to 5x. Resets on missed shot.
      Now: Increase Damage by +50. With Hate and Despair Equipped: Hits increase damage by +10, stacks up to 5x. +10% Fire Rate, stacks up to 5x. Resets on missed shot.

Regarding this, could you make it so that the Stalker Pack in the market is purchasable with Platinum more than once ever?
It's been almost 6 years since I last saw the Hate, and that was because I purchased this pack to get it. I don't think it's ever dropped from either of the Stalkers for me. I have sold hundreds of Dread BPs though...

I've got Rivens and Incarnons for Despair and Dread, and a riven for Hate, but I fear I'll never acquire it. I'd much rather spend some of my platinum to just re-buy it.
Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2023-06-21 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Decreased the chances of an owned and Mastered weapon appearing in Teshin’s Cave back to back if you own less than 10 weapons in that category (Primary, Secondary, and Melee). 

• For example, if you own less than 10 Primaries total, the odds of the same owned and Mastered Primary weapon appearing in the Cave has been decreased. Teshin’s Cave offers the opportunity to experiment with your Arsenal, this change maintains that goal and prioritizes variety. 

If you recognize that there were enough people selling off their frames and weapons to justify removing/lessening the ability to get more reliable cave offerings by doing so, then there were more than enough people giving you clear data that they don't enjoy the mode to signal that this maybe wasn't the best response. Anyone who hated playing this mode 'normally' enough to slim their owned gear down to less than 10 frames and/or less than 10 weapons was very clearly communicating how miserable they find it - even I don't hate it enough to do that! - and the number of people who did this was demonstrably high enough for you to take action in response, so how did we end up here where the action taken was not only inconsiderate of those people, but actively against them? This has a precisely 0% chance of making those people "correctly embrace" the 'goal' of the mode, they're either not going to play it anymore or they're going to potentially just quit the game entirely because they threw away things they could use in other modes to make this one more bearable, and now this mode is unbearable for them and they have less stuff to use in the rest of the game.

• Like 9

The game still seems to force some number Mastered and sold weapons as part if the available options. It should be changed so that Mastered and sold have the same weighting as Owned weapons and only Unmastered weapons should have any weighting influencing their occurrence.

10 hours ago, Letherna said:

If you recognize that there were enough people selling off their frames and weapons to justify removing/lessening the ability to get more reliable cave offerings by doing so, then there were more than enough people giving you clear data that they don't enjoy the mode to signal that this maybe wasn't the best response. Anyone who hated playing this mode 'normally' enough to slim their owned gear down to less than 10 frames and/or less than 10 weapons was very clearly communicating how miserable they find it - even I don't hate it enough to do that! - and the number of people who did this was demonstrably high enough for you to take action in response, so how did we end up here where the action taken was not only inconsiderate of those people, but actively against them? This has a precisely 0% chance of making those people "correctly embrace" the 'goal' of the mode, they're either not going to play it anymore or they're going to potentially just quit the game entirely because they threw away things they could use in other modes to make this one more bearable, and now this mode is unbearable for them and they have less stuff to use in the rest of the game.

There's no reason to have such a limited set of gear when you only need a couple of Decrees to make most gear OP in a Rouge-lite. If they didn't enjoy the game mode with more variety in their selection, they weren't going to enjoy it with an artificial limited selection.

It also highlights that certain Meta gear should be looked at if it is getting to the point that players can't complete content without it; are the enemies overetuned to the point Meta has become a requirement, should this content be gated for late game players, are these weapons/frames that overpowered that everything else is a non-choice. Build variety has been dead for a while in Warframe, with everyone using the same weapons and same cookie-cutter builds. The randomized gear in the Circuit is the first time in a long time I've seen people without Meta Builds, and my lobbies are easily making it up to, and past lvl 991 enemies. (please add an actual stage counter to the circuit)

On 2023-06-21 at 11:54 PM, [DE]Megan said:

“Elemental Balance” Evolution IV perk 2 has been replaced with “Fatal Aflection”:

• +40% damage per Status affecting target. 

Why...😱😢💀 I loved to use former status chance increased 'Elemental Balance'... 😭 Soma prime has only 10% status chance, so love to use 'Elemental Balance' which increase base status chance... 

• Like 2

On 2023-06-21 at 5:54 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Lowered the odds of weapons that you’ve already Mastered and sold appearing in the Cave. 

• If a player has Mastered a weapon and sold it, it is likely they are less eager for it to appear in Teshin's Cave. So the odds of those weapons appearing has been decreased to increase the player's access to unowned and unmastered weapons.

Well, no. It means they didn't have room, that's the main reason people sell weapons.

I re-discovered a bunch of neat weapons during this which I've rebuilt, but I guess it's only lowered and not entirely impossible to get them, it just means I'll never pick them because higher chances to get a good known weapon instead xD

Edited by HunterDigi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HunterDigi said:

Well, no. It means they didn't have room, that's the main reason people sell weapons.

Is it, though, or are we passing conjecture off as facts?

Personally, there are several reasons why I still sell off weapons I've mastered, and by now it ain't due to slot shortage.

1. Management. Cutting down on inventory makes it easier and faster to scroll down and find what I need.
  2. Redundancy. A lot of weapons more or less do the same. Sure there are stat deviations, but apart from more gimmicky variants, these usually fall into a few groups, of which there will be one better than the others in said group. Why sit on Generic Assault Rifle Q-Z, when A and/or B outperform them without room for discussion?
  3. Personal taste. A lot of my discards are simply due to how they handle. Most ranged with projectile speed go in the bin. Same for heavy blades and a whole host of other melee weapons as well. On the other hand, certain low-performing weapons are still in my inventory, simply due to how they feel or their gimmicks. The Argonak with the way it kicks and its targeting function, or the Buzlok design, homing function and report, are still in my inventory, despite low usage and SP viability.
  4. Bad design. Some things are just a miss. They might be woefully underperforming, even by Origin System standards, or simply just look like garbage. The skins available helps, but still... Ew...

Same goes for a lot of my warframe dumps.

So attributing it to slot shortage is a wee bit generalizing. Personally, I prefer no having to use gear I discarded for a reason.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Is it, though, or are we passing conjecture off as facts?

Where would I get the stats to state such facts? :P of course it's anecdotal, it's my experience progressing in the game.

I also sold stuff because I couldn't properly see any of their capabilities. Modding it was more limited, no catalyst of course because they were more scarce (before nightwave), and the mod capacity was reduced until it was max level, mixed with wanting to progress starchart and doing sorties and such, instead of playing low level missions where these weapons would even function, just meant I'd have a reliable meta weapon with 2 rankable ones that ended up labelled as MR fodder, mostly wrongly.

Circuit gives me the unowned weapons fully modded so I can properly test them without having to invest into them and then feel like I wasted my time.

The change seems like a small step in the wrong direction for the mode.

• Like 1