The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Rauta?

(PSN)ErydisTheLucario

Question

8 answers to this question

I am still making mine, should be done when I get home, but my plan is to use it similar to a primer wherein i'm not caring so much about damage but rather to carry my heavy attack melee. Using primary dexterity to give combo duration, and that is pretty much it... With its falloff being so close it's really not very good in addition to the other stats being mediocre it's essentially just a heavy attack build stat-stick. I'll probably mod it for gas just because though.

The efficacy of melee combo is lost on me, when initial combo heavy attack builds are generally more effective. Rauta might change my mind though if paired with one of the tenet weapons that doesn't lose combo while guns are being used, for builds that are supplementarily heavy-attack focused instead of my go-to spam heavy attack setups.

It's more about what your loadout is, not just the Rauta. I run a combo based around the Rauta, the melee, and Naramon for reduced combo decay

My Rauta focuses on multishot, reload speed, fire rate, status/elements/priming, and I added a reload on holster mod for good measure since it's meant to be swapped away from. Damage/killing potential isn't as high a priority since it's designed to enhance your melee as you fight

My melee is built it for combo efficiency and high combo duration, and any mods that can take advantage of that immediate combo (i.e. Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds.) In terms of combo efficiency, Focus Energy is enough for me; 40% efficiency is good enough when the Rauta can rebuild combo pretty fast with high multishot, plus free elec damage is a decent bonus

Naramon, as I mentioned, reduces the rate combo decays by a certain amount, maybe so much that you don't even need a lot of combo duration on your melee

Good melees in specific could be anything with high heavy-attack damage (Quassus is my go-to melee), or melee weapons that pause the combo decay on holster (which would free up a decent chunk of mod space)

Have people broken down the rautu mechanics?   Does it add combo per pellet?, per enemy hit?  

tons of multi, vicious spread, and PUNCH THROUGH is what it needs to maximize its combo building....   but then you have to try to also add damage, status...  I think the crit was non existant on it?   Im not a shotgun guy so I dont know if there are any special shotgun mods that might be alternatives.   Projective speed? meh.   A magazine extender (not ammo,  magazine)?   My Crappy Rautu has like 21-27k damage..  maybe add RoF mod so you can pump out all 4 rounds super fast lol.  (I didnt bother trying to break down the mechanics)

I used 3 60/60's and status got to 49% per pellet..   and 21-27k damage... it still felt incredibly weak.  

Kullervo doesnt really need help building combo, since 2 and 4 seem to also do that.   So yeah maybe for other frames...   (I never bother with heavy attacks either since they usually dont connect to what im aiming at most of the time lol )  Drifter is hands down the most I have ever used heavy attacks on lol.  

54 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Have people broken down the rautu mechanics?   Does it add combo per pellet?, per enemy hit?  

tons of multi, vicious spread, and PUNCH THROUGH is what it needs to maximize its combo building....   but then you have to try to also add damage, status...  I think the crit was non existant on it?   Im not a shotgun guy so I dont know if there are any special shotgun mods that might be alternatives.   Projective speed? meh.   A magazine extender (not ammo,  magazine)?   My Crappy Rautu has like 21-27k damage..  maybe add RoF mod so you can pump out all 4 rounds super fast lol.  (I didnt bother trying to break down the mechanics)

I used 3 60/60's and status got to 49% per pellet..   and 21-27k damage... it still felt incredibly weak.  

Kullervo doesnt really need help building combo, since 2 and 4 seem to also do that.   So yeah maybe for other frames...   (I never bother with heavy attacks either since they usually dont connect to what im aiming at most of the time lol )  Drifter is hands down the most I have ever used heavy attacks on lol.  

Multishot is good on it as usual, but the combo-building is capped at 28 pellets, so any excess multishot will only contribute to the usual damage, status, possibly crit, etc. Punchthrough doesn't count enemies past the initial hit, either, for no explained reason

I would avoid vicious spread and try to improve its accuracy instead, then you're less likely to miss pellets and build combo more consistently

Crit on it is okay, you have 6% per pellet, but it's definitely a status shotgun and that could make it a decent primer as well. That's the trick to the Rauta, it's not a shotgun mainly intended for damage or killing, it's a tool intended to contribute to your melee

Personally I have no interest in Kullervo, never farmed him. The only thing he seems to contribute, as far as I noticed while renting him out in the Circuit, is the permanent combo counter in the HUD. You lose that with other warframes, so you sort of have to guess what you're at unless you swap to check.

Otherwise I've only used it with other warframes, and it's still perfectly fine IMO when paired with a melee that is also built to compliment the Rauta's gameplay style (like what I mentioned before, things like combo duration and efficiency, and mods that are buffed by combo)

Archived