Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat window keeps moving when joining any mission as client

SteveCutler

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-09-14 at 7:41 AM, Temmie said:

Same thing happening here 1440p, Fullscreen, 120fps cap for settings

For something so minor its minorly mind melting haha

I'm running 1440p as well with dual monitors. I tried going to 1080p and disconnecting my other monitor. Same nonsense happens. Rolling back drivers didn't help either, neither has fiddling with all of the hud scaling options. This is driving me nuts.

I was messing around with with the Display Settings and turned Vertical Sync to Off. After that every time a joined a mission the chat window would go from the bottom left of the screen to about 3/4 up the left side of the screen. I set Vertical Sync back to Auto and the problem went away. 

On 2023-09-13 at 2:59 AM, XHADgaming said:

FYI looks like it has been acknowledged by DE:

Still, this is something that should have been acknowledged the patch it was broken on not 10 patches later.

As it hasn't changed in this update, DE doesn't seem to care about the chat box bug.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This bug disappeared for a few weeks but it's now back. Chat box jumps up the screen on the loading screen so the bottom is now where the top of the original "Chat box" was located! Size, font, etc are all unchanged!

On one instance, the Box jumped from the bottom left of the screen to the top left!!

Only noticed yesterday but if you drag the Chat box to the very edge of the window, each load instance, it'll slowly move upwards by a few pixel!!

Like others have said, not game breaking but bl*#dy annoying with having to drag it back each time! Why can't we anchor the thing? Surely that'll solve it.. 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destructor7972 said:

Why can't we anchor the thing? Surely that'll solve it.. 🤔

So it is anchored, but I think what's happening is the game engine is for some reason quickly changing or resetting the resolution, so now the spot where it's set at changes. It could (and should) just move it back when the resolution changes again and have some type of persistence, but it tends to just stay where it was moved to avoid potential cases of it being off-screen on a resolution change.

I wish they had this on their known issues list, it's not game breaking but it is very annoying yeah, and seemingly random in my experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@[DE]SaskeSo is this a known bug or not? And is there an ETA for a fix? I see that you changed the title to reflect the trigger conditions of the bug which indicates that this is in fact a bug and not an intended undocumented changed feature. Yet here we are over 20 patches later and it still isn't fixed or commented on in any official capacity other than the title change and I still have to deal with constantly moving my chatbox out of the way due to this bug.

• Like 2

So yeah, been getting this a lot lately. Playing at 3440x1440, 21:9.

I want my chat window in the bottom left, slight moved upwards so it doesn't get blocked by the FPS.

However, it seems like every ~4th mission or so, the second the loading screen happens, the window moves up half of the screen, regardless of me being host or client.

I'm playing with everything on max settings and DLSS Quality.

Maybe we could get some kind of "anchor" feature to lock the window in place by force? So that even resolution scaling wouldn't move it. I mean, I don't need DLSS, but I use it for the sake of making sure I always maintain my FPS even when there's a lot going on. I might trying turning it off and see if it changes anything.

EDIT: Disabling DLSS did not fix it.

Edited by o0Despair0o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bug still UP in 08 December... For real DE? Such a big company and it took you 7 months to put 1 button in UI to lock chatbox to screen? (End is not even there yet)  For real??!! Is anoying...

Edited by LeeTeRo
  • Like 3

Two cert updates and over 20 hotfix patches still not fixed. How? Super annoying since the updated chat box location is right over the arsenal and mneu buttons so I have to constantly move it back so it isn't in the way.

Can this please be added to a know issues list or at least get a proper notification that this is currently being investigated despite the trigger condition clearly already being know by DE as indicated by @[DE]Saske's title change of this post.

• Like 1