Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel still needs some love.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

Grendel's rework was amazing for the most part.   Trying to get away from pulverize as his ultimate was a wierd choice...and the point of this thread really. 

1,2,4 all work great and feel amazing.   (Well... in truth 1 should just suck in everything in range instead of having to aim at them,  especially since there is a 5 enemy cap for his belly)

But 3/Pulverize is not strong enough...

• Sure it can strip armor before it hits stuff, except eximus, thrax, shields?.  So it should have massive base damage.   Unfortunately most enemies that get hit just get ragdolled.
  • 3's damage and range is based on guys in your belly.   Fine...   but jumping around as ball with guys in your belly still kills the guys in your belly extremely quick(seams very buggy because this got fixed right after the rework but how fast guys in belly die while jumping is very inconsistant).   So you instantly kill the guys in your belly and your back to doing the least amount of damage possible with the smallest aoe.   
  • Being able to turn as a ball was a massive improvement,  but killing your momentum when landing from a ball jump is insane.   This makes traversing around as a ball extremely painful.   Ball+Jumping+damage all go together,  but we get punished for playing like that.

Spit is a great move,  But thats not why people liked grendel or want to play him.   Lets look around,  how many frames and or weapons can slaughter stuff INCLUDING stuff with overguard, archons, acolytes etc.    Would an OP pulverize really break warframe?

It should have massive base damage,  it should take melee mods into consideration,  it should build and take combo multiplier into consideration.   Basically it should kill everything you run over.    Things you hit shouldnt get ragdolled either, they should get knocked down.

Grendel Prime is hopefully close(maybe by end of year?).  I hope this is taken into consideration before then.

• Like 3

All I want from meatball is a giant BONUS MULTIPLIER overlay which increases the melee combo counter every time I bump into a mob, with a pinball bumper fx noise on impact.

Alternatively, give us Grendel Pinball for the Ludoplex.

Edited by FishMcCool
  • Like 2

Thought:

I think Grendel should have suction and crowd control as simple as Nidus Larva or Mag Magnetize. Yep, this is a request to revert Grendel Feast to before the rework.
Grouping enemies is a synergistic mechanic with tanky frames, and Grendel has tanky and shield mechanics that are easy to deal with nearby enemies.
There's no point in being immortal while the defense objective is being destroyed by mobs of uncontrolled enemies.

note:
I'm not main Grendel.

Edited by Famecans

I havent looked at grendels stats in awhile but I think the spit attack on mine is 15+ meter aoe.  It armor strips and does a crapton of damage.   Depending on how many enemies you inhale you can pump out up to 5 attacks.   Thats enough to nuke large groups of enemies and weaken really tough ones.  Eximus I have to jump out of ball form to deal with.  

His 1st was changed because it was annoying to the rest of the squad.  I agree with that as both a user and as a team mate.   You may have lost the binge, purge, melee method but with eximus change and overguard that would probably have still crapped out...  You still can do it btw, just 5 guys at a time lol.  By why slash them when you can use them against thier buddies.

New Grendel can use 1,2and 4 all from his ball form to.   I've used him in SP circuit and just spend time as a ball for the most part, rolling around, enhaling enemies,  bouncing around and killing the ones in my guts while killing guys around me and or spitting them out and killing/weaking stuff.   Its not super efficient but its pretty effective lol.  

• Like 1

Grendel is really, really strong right now. He's a gunframe with an enormous buff for his whole team, and a 4 that bypasses shields and strips armor.

His 3 is more for mobility (and memes) than anything else. He really doesn't need help right now.

• Like 1

I haven't played him much because I tend to wait for primes to forma (hoping one day we'll be able to transfer at least some forma from regular to prime so I don't feel inclined to wait to invest in a warframe) but from what I've seen he seems pretty strong, just his kit is a bit more to get used to than a lot of other frames. At least I find most other frames a lot more straightforward.  

On 2023-06-30 at 6:01 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But 3/Pulverize is not strong enough...

• Sure it can strip armor before it hits stuff, except eximus, thrax, shields?.  So it should have massive base damage.   Unfortunately most enemies that get hit just get ragdolled.

I was like you. I thought it It should have massive damage. After I've played with him in void survi I've tried to kill eximus with my gun (kuva chakharr). It works pretty good. You roll around, killing enemies. Change to gun to kill eximus then change into Pulverzie again. It's easy because it doesn't cost energy on cast (afair). That makes gameplay more interesting imho.

Main issues are:

- too much eximus, nullies, overguarded enemies - limit them and it will be fine... delete nully

- good damage is from rolling but not too much from slamming ground (in the air, fell to the ground or use catapult to shoot yourself to the ground). I've once posted (pre eximus rework) it should be based on distance from earth and/or speed. Of course number of enemies:

•  
  • 3's damage and range is based on guys in your belly.   Fine...   but jumping around as ball with guys in your belly still kills the guys in your belly extremely quick(seams very buggy because this got fixed right after the rework but how fast guys in belly die while jumping is very inconsistant).   So you instantly kill the guys in your belly and your back to doing the least amount of damage possible with the smallest aoe.   

Unless you eat damaged food... I mean enemies then they should last for some time. I could keep them "long enough". Is there a bug that fasten food consumption? Maybe but I've not seen it.

The problem is that if you want play his all kit you are basically using ~2 abilities while you have only 5 enemies.

•  
  • Being able to turn as a ball was a massive improvement,  but killing your momentum when landing from a ball jump is insane.   This makes traversing around as a ball extremely painful.   Ball+Jumping+damage all go together,  but we get punished for playing like that.

I've not seen such issue.

On 2023-07-01 at 9:23 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Pulverize is meant to be a movement ability now.

Not only movement ability.

I think Grendel's fine, but I do kinda with his 3 either

1. allowed using other abilities while in it.
  2. got bigger every time you killed an enemy with it.

I wouldn't mind settling on them being augments either (they kinda sound like they'd be augments anyway).

14 hours ago, Raarsi said:

I think Grendel's fine, but I do kinda with his 3 either

1. allowed using other abilities while in it.

Errr, you can. That was one of the big improvements of the update. I think helminth skills might not work but the rest does.

Edited by FishMcCool
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I still have issues with how his 3 works.  I have noticed a few things... 

• My grendel has 200%+ strength for max armor strip on his 3 and 4.  In low level content the problem is this amount of strength affects how much damage is done to the guy in his belly and low level stuff just instantly dies(reducing the DPS/range of your 3.   LAME. 
  • Landing as a ball triggers a slam and does damage to the guys in your belly(reducing the DPS/range of your 3).  LAME.   
  • One thing I haven't even figured out what the hell is happening.  I will be in ball form with guys in my belly and for no reason that I can tell grendel triggers this AoE shockwave(Most likely Nourish pulse from taking damage) but it purges the guys in your belly!?!?!?  And I'm not sure but alot of time it feels like it happens because other players shoot my grendel??    AKA unknown belly purge.  Maybe Nourish Pulse is hitting the guys in your belly and killing them???

guys in your belly should lose 2-5% HP/second....They should take NO DAMAGE from any other sources and your Strength should not factor into it. 

=========

I am a moron and I just wanted to pass on this tip to anyone lol.   You can SPRINT while in ball form lol.   I was walk/rolling everywhere for so long as grendel.....then I got pissed my sprint mods didn't seem to help....

The problem I mentioned about your momentum coming to a halt after landing from jumps probably only happens when he is walk/rolling.  

I'm not using grendel right now so I forget but there are also mods that will help you jump as a ball.   Parkour is bullet jumping I don't think those apply.   Anti-Grav Array on sentinels and Motus Signal??  Motus something affect jumping/double jump...  You prob want spring in your eximus over Motus and I'm not sure double jump helps...   But AGA on sentinels kicks ass and is what I use on him.   So now my grendel is super fast and super bouncy

I Just never get to be max size *crys*

his old 3, was extremely strong thanks to damage scaling.. you could build for it or Pulverise and the result was a frame that could turn enemies into nukes.

honestly without damage scaling on his 3 and 4, neither are really worth using for damage. armor strip and ignore those abilities.

Edited by Hypertion