Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It seems like Hydroid is finally getting a rework after TennoCon this year.

TheGodofWiFi

16 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Hydroid could definitely use it and I think that he needs one more at the moment compared to Warframes like Inaros, Loki, or Nyx.

Yes, cuz Hydroid has 4 meager abilities that don't work well with one another, and he has terrible survivability. He needs a massive and thorough rework / mega-tweaking.

The other 3 are in just in need of tweaks:

Loki: Decoy invincible and "detonatable" (maybe some blind effect on detonation/expiration), while Switch needs something like a "death-explosion" of the swapped target, or a gathering effect a la Ensnare. Passive needs a boost too. Invis and Disarm are more or less ok.

Nyx: Aggressive Mind Control target with better damage, Bolts with "wallhack" vision, Absorb needs full mobility, Passive needs a rework. Chaos is ok.

Inaros: Devour should pull in multiple enemies at once, Sandstorm should speed him up (rather than slow him down) and have better mobility control, Scarab Swarm should provide "healthgates" at the cost of Swarm-percentage.

8 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

At least Hydroid is slightly interesting to play.

Hydroid is not interesting to play. At all. I don't know how anyone can say that. He sucks at literally everything he sets out to do, his powers are awful, clunky and promote a boring inefficient playstyle. Inaros may be boring as well but at the very least he does what he sets out to i.e; be an easy to use walking health-bar and weapons platform. Hydroid doesn't even have that. It's why Inaros is much higher on the Warframe usage list. 

People at large also do not consider Inaros to be as awful as Hydroid and you can tell because there are far more Hydroid rework requests than ones for Inaros. Pablo even says as much in the clip above.

4 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Hydroid is not interesting to play. At all. I don't know how anyone can say that. He sucks at literally everything he sets out to do, his powers are awful, clunky and promote a boring inefficient playstyle. Inaros may be boring as well but at the very least he does what he sets out to i.e; be an easy to use walking health-bar and weapons platform. Hydroid doesn't even have that. It's why Inaros is much higher on the Warframe usage list. 

People at large also do not consider Inaros to be as awful as Hydroid and you can tell because there are far more Hydroid rework requests than ones for Inaros. Pablo even says as much in the clip above.

I don't understand why people like meatloaf, but I'm not so dense I can't make the connection at least. 

If you can't understand something "at all", the issue is with you.

Hydroid, like literally any frame using the exact same mods.....is a great low level nuke and can hide in his puddle and people have used his water wave to fly across the plains of eidolon in a flash which is fun to some people. 

It requires having an imagination and not being blocked by hate just because "every said hydroid bad so I think bad too".

Edit: using the word clunky for everything is an excuse. Speed up your animations with shards or mods. 

Edited by (PSN)Madurai-Prime
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Hydroid, like literally any frame using the exact same mods.....is a great low level nuke and can hide in his puddle and people have used his water wave to fly across the plains of eidolon in a flash which is fun to some people. 

No one cares about low-level content as any frame can do it and for the record; Hydroid is one of the worst low-level nukes. A Limbo or Equinox will just clear the entire map before Hydroid can even charge his abilities.

Hiding in his puddle is never ever fun. Even the people who think Hydroid is good, yes all two of them, say in their posts that only use the puddle for very short periods of time specifically because its boring to just sit there and do nothing.

As for flying across open worlds with Tidal Surge........yea that's nothing. You'd probably do that once or twice for the lols and the go back to using an Archwing and not waste energy.

Everything Hydroid does, another frame does better and in far more interesting and fun way. There is zero reason to use him. I really don't see it as my problem for not understanding why someone would want to use such a useless frame. I also don't understand why someone would prefer to walk everywhere backwards, blindfolded and with their shoes tied together, but that doesn't mean I'm the one with the issue.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It requires having an imagination and not being blocked by hate just because "every said hydroid bad so I think bad too".

I say Hydroid is bad because I've been playing this game for nearly ten years and have had plenty of experience trying to make him work over that time, not because I'm hopping on the bandwagon. Also just for the record, following the majority is not actually a bad thing sometimes. For example, literally everyone said that the Gollum game was going to be an absolute travesty and it 100% was.

Likewise if everyone says Hydroid is bad, its very likely to be the case.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

All we know is that eventually a Hydroid rework will be water under the bridge. The question is will he recieve an ocean of changes or just some dripple?

As someone else already said; his current abilities are well beyond salvaging. Hydroid needs oceanic changes to brought up to current Warframe level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

No one cares about low-level content as any frame can do it and for the record; Hydroid is one of the worst low-level nukes. A Limbo or Equinox will just clear the entire map before Hydroid can even charge his abilities.

Hiding in his puddle is never ever fun. Even the people who think Hydroid is good, yes all two of them, say in their posts that only use the puddle for very short periods of time specifically because its boring to just sit there and do nothing.

As for flying across open worlds with Tidal Surge........yea that's nothing. You'd probably do that once or twice for the lols and the go back to using an Archwing and not waste energy.

Everything Hydroid does, another frame does better and in far more interesting and fun way. There is zero reason to use him. I really don't see it as my problem for not understanding why someone would want to use such a useless frame. I also don't understand why someone would prefer to walk everywhere backwards, blindfolded and with their shoes tied together, but that doesn't mean I'm the one with the issue.

I say Hydroid is bad because I've been playing this game for nearly ten years and have had plenty of experience trying to make him work over that time, not because I'm hopping on the bandwagon. Also just for the record, following the majority is not actually a bad thing sometimes. For example, literally everyone said that the Gollum game was going to be an absolute travesty and it 100% was.

Likewise if everyone says Hydroid is bad, its very likely to be the case.

The game isn't made solely for elitist meta users so there are people that use more frames than saryn, revenant and wukong.

Just a reminder. 

• Like 1

I simply don't understand how one can make such an uninteresting warframe in the first place. He really only ever excelled in interceptions with the half-arse CC ability and well, not anymore after the Eximus change. And perhaps a farming warframe until they patched the augment. Other than that he has a half-arse armor-stripping ability that doesn't strip armor at all unless you invest a mod slot on it and it doesn't even strip completely and permanently after status update, a half-arse mobility ability that doesn't really provide any real mobility and another half-arse CC ability that helps enemies evading your bullets by throwing them everywhere. And all his abilities hit like wet noodles and I guess at least you can charge so that they hit twice as hard as wet noodles. 

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

The game isn't made solely for elitist meta users so there are people that use more frames than saryn, revenant and wukong.

Just a reminder. 

That doesnt mean there isnt a reason to tune a frame for meta use aswell so it becomes relevant. Because those not caring about meta or not wont care if he is meta or not after the change either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That doesnt mean there isnt a reason to tune a frame for meta use aswell so it becomes relevant. Because those not caring about meta or not wont care if he is meta or not after the change either.

Yes we will. And there is no reason to tune a frame to cater to someone else. 

Some will, some won't. But not all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Just a reminder. 

wtf are you even talking about lol your contrarian takes get worse as the days go by

those who don't care about the meta, definitely won't care if hydroid ever becomes meta.

so there is no problem, rework hydroid.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

wtf are you even talking about lol your contrarian takes get worse as the days go by

those who don't care about the meta, definitely won't care if hydroid ever becomes meta.

so there is no problem, rework hydroid.

That also means the people constantly saying there's better frames won't care whether he's reworked or not. 

You'll be back on the forums after the rework saying it's still bad and DE doesn't listen to you. 

Either way, the response was to a person saying reworks should be done to make frames more for meta users, which is impossible with 60 frames. 

Some frames just aren't gonna be for meta users and they need to remember that they can't colonize everything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That also means the people constantly saying there's better frames won't care whether he's reworked or not. 

You'll be back on the forums after the rework saying it's still bad and DE doesn't listen to you. 

Either way, the response was to a person saying reworks should be done to make frames more for meta users, which is impossible with 60 frames. 

Some frames just aren't gonna be for meta users and they need to remember that they can't colonize everything.

they are saying there are better frames, because hydroid in his current state... really has nothing going for him. yknow, the thing people have been clamoring about for years. and even here. those people are the ones that actually care.

the person you were replying to wasn't even talking about a meta. so, would you like to talk about something relevant for once?

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

they are saying there are better frames, because hydroid in his current state... really has nothing going for him. yknow, the thing people have been clamoring about for years. and even here. those people are the ones that actually care.

the person you were replying to wasn't even talking about a meta. so, would you like to talk about something relevant for once?

As long as Khora exists this will always be the case rework or not....

Agree or disagree? Is that relevant enough for you? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

As long as Khora exists this will always be the case rework or not....

Agree or disagree? Is that relevant enough for you? 

Then the rework should focus on keeping his gameplay theme without overlapping too much w/ Khora. Maybe he can offer things that Khora does not. Those things can be anything, but it should be more useful than what we have for him right now.

Easier said than done, but it's worth doing anyway. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Yes, this is relevant. Good! Keep it up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Then the rework should focus on keeping his gameplay theme without overlapping too much w/ Khora. Maybe he can offer things that Khora does not. Those things can be anything, but it should be more useful than what we have for him right now.

Easier said than done, but it's worth doing anyway. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Yes, this is relevant. Good! Keep it up.

Out of curiosity where Khora and Hydroid collide or overlap exactly? I think that Khora is a different can of worms if we consider the ability of pilfering (on Hydroid of course). If I'm not mistaken both frames are similar farmers? Now I am confused. 

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

Out of curiosity where Khora and Hydroid collide or overlap exactly? I think that Khora is a different can of worms if we consider the ability of pilfering (on Hydroid of course). If I'm not mistaken both frames are similar farmers? Now I am confused. 

Only for their 4th abilities and augments. Where one is blatantly better than the other with the sole exception for range.

And even then that's kinda of skeptical.

Saying that they overlap is like saying that Revenant and Nekros overlap because they can spawn minions.

No offense skool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The overlap mostly lies in their gameplay theme (zone control/area denial) and augment.

Hopefully when the rework comes they keep his 4th augment. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Only for their 4th abilities and augments. Where one is blatantly better than the other with the sole exception for range.

And even then that's kinda of skeptical.

Saying that they overlap is like saying that Revenant and Nekros overlap because they can spawn minions.

No offense skool.

23 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

The overlap mostly lies in their gameplay theme (zone control/area denial) and augment.

Edit: I mean that he should offer something that Khora does not offer normally. Having overlap is ok just so we're clear. But maybe a little something to make him stand out?

does that clear it up? 

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Hopefully when the rework comes they keep his 4th augment. 

Oh it's area of effect. I was pushing my brain, if it works of course. :P, on zone control. 

I know both frames are great and somehow flimsy in a way but not that flimsy. Khora is a good frame for a more aggressive tone. Her pet is quite a significant tool, somehow. It's not the best one but the mascot does a great job on certain situations. 

My golden like Khora is reserved for support on interception. I try the classical lockdown of areas with the help of a frost. Two offensive DPS frames and two zone or area denial frames like Frost and Khora. 

My Hydroid is a trusty tool for good farming if I want good outputs but I can't play that much as I used to. Either way a good Hydroid rework or improvement is a plus. I never had any complaints about Hydroids and Khoras in the game. I don't know what DE did but these two frames fits perfectly in the game and are fun to play. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

No offense skool.

Call me dumb but that's an overlap right there if I'm not mistaken. I do think that a Revenant and Nekros are two different beasts of course but they share that trait even if there is a difference how the summoning of minions is done.  

15 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Her pet is quite a significant tool, somehow. It's not the best one but the mascot does a great job on certain situations.  

Ah you see, that was what I was trying to say in my response to madurai above. Not only does Khora offer AOE denial, but she also offers utility via Venari and dps/damage via Whipclaw.

Hydroid should have something that also makes him stand out, other than his theme, both aesthetic (already done) and gameplay-wise.

Having overlap is ok, just so we're clear, I am just trying to focus on the point of giving him something that makes him stand out (and worth picking!).

Edited by Skoomaseller
thematic > aesthetic
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Ah you see, that was what I was trying to say in my response to madurai above. Not only does Khora offer AOE, but she also offers utility via Venari and dps/damage via Whipclaw.

Hydroid should have something that also makes him stand out, other than his theme, both thematic (already done) and gameplay-wise.

Oh, let me have some fun. 

Why not Hydroid is a better strip armor frame and use one of the abilities to stagger harder the enemy in one spot. Many of these frames alters AI behavior. I think there are ways that a Hydroid may be useful. The sea squid traveling and pond draining is quite a good start. How about if Hydroid can move the pond slowly or make it bigger by pressing a key dynamically. The more time (growing the pond), more energy it consumes. 

This frame may be improved on corrosion damage a bit more. Since he strips armor we need to think if the frame may become more tanky or DPS. I don't know if tanky is better. 

Edited by Felsagger

While Inaros may need some tweaks, I'd only accept a re-work, if I was personally overseeing it... I've absolutely detested some of the suggested reworks listed in the feedback sections (notably, bangarang35's that totally changes his play style into one I have no desire to use), and I've made my own suggestions known.

Inaros is what keeps me playing Warframe. Any change they make may distance me from this game. Their melee update drove me away for a year, until they reverted the change to polearm quick-melee, removing the rooting stops to the attacks, returning it to a non-invasive, perfectly controlled precise, powerful, and fluid combat method.

I know there are people who live by Hydroid, so I feel for them, with everyone and their mother asking for a rework for him as well. I hope it turns out well for you.

Edited by (PSN)AyinDygra
(example of a rework I would NOT support)
  • Like 1