Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is this a good riven mod for baza prime?

RayzinKEKW

I don't understand much about Baza Prime, I'm trying to build one for Steel Path/Arbitration, is this riven I have any good? or it pays to try to roll behind one with multishot/critical damage/critical chance

Riven:

+101.1% Toxic 

+190.5% Damage

+43.5% Weapon Recoil

it is usable, in that you can equip it and it won't be harmful

but it's not super great

Toxin is good, since you almost certainly would want toxin on the baza anyway, thus the riven can take up the slot your tox mod would have

Damage is not really desirable in Rivens nowadays, since Gun Arcanes and gunCO already provide a source of Damage. doubling up is just diminishing returns and wasted opportunity vs going with something like CD that doesn't have an easier source.

Baza build: Crits, Hunter Munitions, Viral

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

It's deffo useable the 190 damage alone is the equivalent to another serration mod

Its trash. Nobody uses Serration on the weapons anyway, since Arcane Merciless & Galvanized Aptitude.

1 hour ago, RayzinKEKW said:

Riven:

+101.1% Toxic 

+190.5% Damage

+43.5% Weapon Recoil

Bad roll. Bad stats. 2 positives and negattive. In general if a riven is average, it is actually bad and not worth using because the mods that you can alternatively put in its slot are  better.

Weapon is no gimmick IPS based SMG (with built in silencer) - with very bad Slash ratio. It is not a good choice for the amount of enemies thare are in SP, even with Primer Shred and Groupig Mechanics.

The +recoil negative may kill this weapon only good part, that it is very accurate with zero recoil and you can rely on headshots. You can get 100%+ crit without any rivens with Galvanized Scope (or rather Argon scope because you kill mostly with HM bleeds so you wont proc any stacks) and than it mowes down enemies nicely. But it is still only single target headshot smg (low range).

Edited by Zakkhar

6 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Its trash. Nobody uses Serration on the weapons anyway, since Arcane Merciless & Galvanized Aptitude.

Bad roll. Bad stats. 2 positives and negattive. In general if a riven is average, it is actually bad and not worth using because the mods that you can alternatively put in its slot are  better.

Weapon is no gimmick IPS based SMG (with built in silencer) - with very bad Slash ratio. It is not a good choice for the amount of enemies thare are in SP, even with Primer Shred and Groupig Mechanics.

The +recoil negative may kill this weapon only good part, that it is very accurate with zero recoil and you can rely on headshots. You can get 100%+ crit without any rivens with Galvanized Scope and than it mowes down enemies nicely. But it is still only single target headshot smg.

I use serration don't like babysitting timers just using galv chamber is enough and arcane which he might not have either so it il buff his weapon no matter what.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Bro what? 
Thats such an awful take to put forward as advice for a new player just getting into steel path. 
This one riven replaces a toxin mod and just about replaces serration, with a negligable downside. For someone who isnt shoveling out 500plat for a "good" riven with multishot, crit, and crit damage this IS a good riven. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

so it il buff his weapon no matter what

It will not buff it equally as some other mod that doesnt use overbudget stats. 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

arcane which he might not have either

That is too bad, those are cheap (11p for Rank 5) and they offer 360% dmg. 

6 minutes ago, (PSN)v-DEVILSOWN-v said:

don't like babysitting timers

You do not need to. Just build it properlly and keep killing stuff.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Bro what? 
Thats such an awful take to put forward as advice for a new player just getting into steel path. 
This one riven replaces a toxin mod and just about replaces serration, with a negligable downside. For someone who isnt shoveling out 500plat for a "good" riven with multishot, crit, and crit damage this IS a good riven. 

It is an OK mod, but it is not a good riven.

If you compare it to actually good rivens it is trash. Only in comparison with normal mods (Serration, 90 Toxin) it is ok. As for recoil, I really have no way of testing it because there is no Magnum Force for Primaries, it may need Stabiliser to reduce it.

So If you look at it this way it is somehwhat an equivalent of mods Serration (165%) and 90% Toxin, but you may need another mod (Stabilizer -45% recoil) to counteract the negative. How is that different from actualy using Serration and 90% Toxin? It is because you would not use 90% Toxin at all, you would run 60/60 Toxin instead.

Edited by Zakkhar

Just now, Zakkhar said:

It is an OK mod, but it is not a good riven.

If you compare it to actually good rivens it is trash. Only in comparison with normal mods (Serration, 90 Toxin) it is ok.

Your requirements for a good riven are ridiculous god rolls then, dude. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It will not buff it equally as some other mod that doesnt use overbudget stats. 

That is too bad, those are cheap (11p for Rank 5) and they offer 360% dmg. 

You do not need to. Just build it properlly and keep killing stuff.

I said it was useable not a meta set up. And yeah I could keep killing but sometimes in a Def or interception the buffs slowly whittle away. It's really only worth it if your camping in a survival so the enemy's just keep comeing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Your requirements for a good riven are ridiculous god rolls then, dude. 

Those are not my requirements. God rolls are god rolls. We can objectively say this riven has 1 desired positive (dmg), 1 meh positive (toxin) and 1 possibly very harmful negative (+recoil). Semlar (outdated) ranks it at D.

Compare it to my own riven unrolled: 73,3% Electricity, 62,2% multishot, 117,7 crit chance. Which riven would you say is better?

Objectively speaking mine has 2 desired positives (cc, multi) 1 meh positive (elec) and no negatives. Objectively speaking mine is rank higher, but it is still average compared to the possibilities in the riven slot (remember we are comparing to other rivens, not to the mods).  Best positive stats would be cc, cd, multi, dmg.

Actually positive negatives would be Neg Impact/Puncture (so they fix the slash ratio), Harmless ones would be Zoom, Ammo Max. But not Recoil. Recoil is literally the worst negative you may want on headshot precision weapon.

God roll riven would be cc/cd/multi + neg puncture

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

My guy, maybe reread Magnum Force. It is literally the same mod as Heavy Caliber. +dmg, -accuracy. Recoil ain't mentioned at all.

Have you read whole topic or just grabbed this one thing and keep clinging to it? I meant positive recoil mod for Primaries.

Yes, Magnum Force is literally the same thing as Heavy Caliber and is  equally useless for the testing positive recoil effects, because it doesnt do anything to recoil.

Edited by Zakkhar

Its okay. Just... okay. If you find it usable, sure, but yeah, as others have pointed out... Flat damage isn't too large a priority, because you have better alternatives, like Gun Arcanes, Galvanised Aptitude. Baza Prime is pretty accurate and precise, on some weapons positive recoil can be negligible, but eh... Can also be a bit subjective and depend on the user as far as how much of a downside it is. Toxin is pretty alright though, because lets you replace your Toxin mod. 

Ideally though, you'd probably want Multi shot, Crit Damage and Toxin/Cold, or Crit Chance, etc That also being said... Its still the Baza Prime. Like in Arbitrations you'll do great, especially since its accurate, its great against Arbitration drones. There are much better assault rifles though, that you'll probably find more effective. Also to be clear, if you find the weapon fun, I am not trying to discourage its use, in fact, I quite like the Baza, and have a nice Crit Damage, Multishot Riven for it, I use it a lot with Ivara, since its got innate silence/hush, but yeah, its generally not the most popular of its weapon category. Even more so now that there are a bunch more Incarnon weapons. 

You could slot it for now, and occasionally try and reroll it to get better stats eventually. Good luck either way.