Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you pretty please buff Caliban? He is really cool but a bit on the weaker side it seems...

(XBOX)MrCalac123

Maybe you could have his Razor Gyre scale off of melee weapons or enemy level?

Removing the maximum targets entirely from Sentient Wrath would be really nice.

You could make it so that you can hold Lethal Progeny to have a Sentient aspect always hover around you, instead of them getting distracted?

Just some small ideas, I love the entire Sentient aesthetic, so I'd be really happy if the Sentient Warframe could be made just a little bit better.

Thank you!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)MrCalac123 said:

Maybe you could have his Razor Gyre scale off of

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)MrCalac123 said:

melee weapons

Please no.  No more statsticks/pseudo-exalteds.  Never again.  Remove the ones we currently have and replace them.  It's a messy, awful system that is completely inscrutable and leads to players gimping their loadouts to optimize a single spammy ability.  They are also affected by rivens, which makes them almost impossible to balance.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)MrCalac123 said:

or enemy level?

Yes.  Love this.  Wonderful.

Caliban does need help.  He's not as awful as most people seem to think, but he's got a lot of clunk in his kit that needs to be addressed.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)MrCalac123 said:

Maybe you could have his Razor Gyre scale off of melee weapons or enemy level?

Removing the maximum targets entirely from Sentient Wrath would be really nice.

You could make it so that you can hold Lethal Progeny to have a Sentient aspect always hover around you, instead of them getting distracted?

Just some small ideas, I love the entire Sentient aesthetic, so I'd be really happy if the Sentient Warframe could be made just a little bit better.

Thank you!

After Hydroid, Caliban should absolutely be next on the list. However, some of his powers need to be completely overhauled.

Razor Gyre needs to be turned into Battalyst Scan. Keeps the spinning animation and the ability to move around, but above him is a globe shooting out lasers (The Battalyst attack that usually downs someone). This should be incredibly easy to implement considering Mirage with an Augment basically gets this, albeit a very short version of it.

Sentient Wrath is honestly completely fine as-is. Good CC power which can be modded for good duration and the enemy cap is grand, doesn't need a change.

Lethal Progeny needs to have its Conculysts changed for any Firing Type Sentient and scale based on enemy targetted, it's just as simple as that. I'd gladly take a downgrade on the shield repair mechanic to get this. The AI for melee Sentients is just awful and they're far too weak to be useful outside of Normal Mode.

Fusion Strike is ok as-is, although to be fair the power really should drag every enemy into its center. I'd be more than happy for this to stay as-is if 1 and 3 were changed.

Yes to some Caliban Pablo hugs.

I have quite a list of changes I'd like to see, but I'll just mention the thing that confounds me the most about him:

Progeny should not block our movement or weapon fire.

Can't believe this wasn't fixed right after he was released.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Fusion Strike is ok as-is, although to be fair the power really should drag every enemy into its center.

It seems like it's supposed to do something like this.  At least that's how I interpret one of the few revisions he's ever gotten:

Caliban’s Fusion Strike now implodes as opposed to exploding upon full convergence.

...but if so it barely does anything.

• Like 1

Give Razor Gyre a gradual pull and stop loot from blocking line of sight.

Fix Fusion Strike's fallout not visible as client, so much guesswork involved.

Conculysts have collision with players for some reason. Increase their animation speed (maybe affect it with Natural Talent) so their spin attacks don't take so long to start.

Make enemies lifted by Sentient Wrath glow in Caliban's color, they often float away stuck a wall somewhere and players mistake them for corpses.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently this thread was brought back by a likely Nekros player to make other players go "who's Caliban?"

On 2023-07-23 at 12:41 PM, PsiWarp said:

Give Razor Gyre a gradual pull and stop loot from blocking line of sight.

Fix Fusion Strike's fallout not visible as client, so much guesswork involved.

Conculysts have collision with players for some reason. Increase their animation speed (maybe affect it with Natural Talent) so their spin attacks don't take so long to start.

Make enemies lifted by Sentient Wrath glow in Caliban's color, they often float away stuck a wall somewhere and players mistake them for corpses.

Pretty much agree with all of this in addition to

• An augment option allowing performing other actions while channeling at the expense of increased energy cost.
  • Allow summoning all three Conculysts at once rather than one at a time (or an augment option to summon one giant sentient).
  • Maybe some sort of better aim assist for Fusion Strike so I know where I'll leave the char mark.
  • Give some sort of visual effect for his passive.
  • Like 1