Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

people leaving random relic groups

_Anise_

If that's a radshare sometimes it's useful to check squad relics in the menus before the mission has started because some people cheat and equip intact or unfinished ones. That's the reason I personally immediately leave.

Happens whenever a new prime releases. Some people are picky yet can't be bothered to use the Recruit channel. Others don't have the new relics and rather than farm them just jump into random groups until they see one equipped by someone else.

Edited by FishMcCool
  • Like 7

ha I guess that makes sense, they are running like wisp and want to randomly get into a group with someone else doing the same, its kinda annoying I never had it happen this often before, I had a few more happen since I posted.

people should stop being scrubs and try some premades, it's not that hard to get groups ^^

2 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

ha I guess that makes sense, they are running like wisp and want to randomly get into a group with someone else doing the same, its kinda annoying I never had it happen this often before, I had a few more happen since I posted.

people should stop being scrubs and try some premades, it's not that hard to get groups ^^

They don't even necessarily run a Wisp relic themselves. I'm fortunate enough not to encounter it as often as others, but as mentioned by others, it is a recurring problem, has been for years and it does negate the gaming experience imo.

An easy fix would be to simply hide which relics people selected to open in pub squads (not priv groups). Leeches don't generally like that idea because it stops problem in its tracks and come up with things like "pubs are the wild west where anything goes!" to excuse the leeching behaviour. DE doesn't really seem to care about how it negatively affects players' experience, but then again the Incarnon weapons released also have blatant bugs, including Boar that was released this week, so you can decide for yourself how important player experience is in DE's eyes...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

ha I guess that makes sense, they are running like wisp and want to randomly get into a group with someone else doing the same

This...except they won't be carrying Wisp relics. :/. They're just hoping to mooch off a squad that is.   

Not everybody ditching a relic squad is doing this of course.  But there'll be a ton of it for a few days after a PA release.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

not even joking, I had 4 groups now back to back where people have left, one before the mission even started, what's going on with that ?

People join in and check whether someone opens the new relics (Wisp/Fulmin/Gunsen) if not they leave to find other group they can leech of (they do not have any Wisp relics themselves, if they did they would do premades).

2 hours ago, FishMcCool said:

Happens whenever a new prime releases. Some people are picky yet can't be bothered to use the Recruit channel. Others don't have the new relics and rather than farm them just jump into random groups until they see one equipped by someone else.

This is pretty much it. Seen this happen every time new Prime comes out. Usually after week it stops.

You know how there's a tourist season in every city for some particular area where people flood in to spend time? 

Same thing with any new video game release. 

People come and try to use any shortcut possible to leech, because they don't actually play the game on a consistent basis, so they never have anything, and have to rush to get things that come easily to everyone else.

7 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

not even joking, I had 4 groups now back to back where people have left, one before the mission even started, what's going on with that ?

unless they have a genuine reason to leave (life loves to get in the way of gaming), it's likely because they were hoping to mooch off someone who has one of the relics they wish they had. sadly this is a common occurrence in the period just after a Prime has been released, and they will usually do it as a last resort because they don't have the relics themselves.

Personally I don't do this, I only run to open the desired relic or for traces, if nobody else has a new relic, it's fine by me, we all get ducats out of it in the end anyway.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7