Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for fighting the Glassmaker?

(XBOX)HansLollos

Question

8 answers to this question

To @(XBOX)HansLollos

There is a pretty simple strategy :

Condition 1 : You don't know the good items (thing that float inside crystal).

Condition 2 : You need a Good mobility frame (AimGlide maxed like Loki or Innate half Gravity Zephyr).

Method : ALWAYS stay far from Glass maker, he will throw his crystals instead of swinging his sword.

If he miss you : Take the crystal, Jump onto a Floating crystal and throw at the last moment the shard.

If he get you : don't panic, Roll n' Bullet jump to fall in the void; you'll respawn afar which is better that dying

Method : Once you destroy the 5 crystals or get the good one before, he will be vulnerable. SAME tactics stay afar for him to throw crystal.

If he miss you : Take the crystal, Jump to his head and throw at the last moment the shard. You can also walk on him....

If he get you : don't panic, Roll n' Bullet jump to fall in the void; you'll respawn afar which is better that dying

Redo this twice and you'll get him....

Edited by RLanzinger
Some wrong mispelling ;p
  • Like 1

The mission is solo.

The best way to not get hit is to pay attention and get out of the way. He only has 2 attack patterns: both are telegraphed with a wind-up animation, and both can be avoided by just going to a different platform. If you see him move his arm to swing, scoot to a new platform.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Condition 2 : You need a Good mobility frame (AimGlide maxed like Loki or Innate half Gravity Zephyr).

I agree with good mobility but aimglide? I feel like it's not great but I haven't tried it. I keep rolling (+ jumping for some attacks).

59 minutes ago, (XBOX)HansLollos said:

is there any good way to doge his attacks?

If you get distracted (e.g. load battle but go somehwere and Nihil destroy most platforms) then don't move unless it's necessary. YOu will hover in the air till you move (there is some time limit but it's huge, afair).

• Like 1

it's like a Parkour test. any time he's going to swing at you, Parkour to somewhere other than where you're standing when he prepares to swing. if it's a Horizontal swing you can Bullet Jump to any other Platform. if it's a Vertical try not to Bullet Jump right up into the attack :D

when he shoots Glass at you, you can literally just step away from it.

• Like 1

Horizontal swing of the sword can easily be jumped over, no bullet jumping even needed. The vertical strike can be dodge rolled away from.

When he tilts his head back, that's when he's going to fire his glass. Just jump over it, the projectile is aimed at your center mass so it'll land a little bit behind where you were standing. Grab it, lob it at a glass prism or if he's vulnerable, lob it at him instead. He gets jumpier and slashier the lower his health is.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

I am assuming this thread was mostly created for the Recall alert. However since its also available via Nightwave and in case it ever comes back.. 

Also to preface all this, tips for this can be deceptively tricky. I recently saw a player fight Nihil for like 3 hours, and they seemed to be struggling, the whole time. For myself it almost seemed like they were being factitious and insincere. They hardly seemed to just slow down and observe Nihil, they seemed to constantly avoid looking or glancing in his direction to inform their next action or move, they seemed to constantly fall, roll and jump off platforms to fall, and other behaviour that seemed... just odd to me. However I also make it a rule to extend good faith to others in their claims, so if they imply they were sincere, then I take them on that generally. 

Which means I have to try and consider other possibilities. Well... a few do exist, like sometimes when people play games, they put a lot of pressure on themselves, which creates anxiety. If their reflexes are struggling a bit, if they are worried about pressure, or failure, especially if there is additional time pressure, and having to restar, failure to get rewards... All this can stack up, and well basically debuff our ability to analyse, observe, learn, and subconsciously or consciously form strategy and action to overcome those obstacles. 

Basically my biggest tip, is to try and learn the patterns of this fight. Try not psyche yourself out. When I first started playing against Nihil, I would jump far away from his attacks, by doing big bullet jumps. I didn't know if his attack had an AOE, how large it was, I only knew that, if it hit me, I would be slowed and then he could kill me with a follow up attack. Then, I started to observe how close the attack could get near me, without it affecting me. Its actually pretty tight. Which is good. If you practice, you can avoid it a few different ways. 

You can practice timing and just jump once, and you can avoid it. Just a small hop, not even a double jump You can roll side to side, but you don't even need that. You can even just move side to side. Its just a matter of timing. If you are unsure though, nothing wrong with bullet jumping and being more cautious. Main thing is to just practice, but practice isn't just about repetition, you want to observe and learn too. Even if that makes going a bit slower at the beginning or even getting hit a few times. 

Even if the event is over, remember you can practice with the Nighwave decoration and keys (I can't remember if you need a key, or whether just having a key is what gives the Riven reward). 

Either all, good luck and take care. 

• Like 1

Am 11.8.2023 um 04:27 schrieb (PSN)slightconfuzzled:

I am assuming this thread was mostly created for the Recall alert. However since its also available via Nightwave and in case it ever comes back.. 

Also to preface all this, tips for this can be deceptively tricky. I recently saw a player fight Nihil for like 3 hours, and they seemed to be struggling, the whole time. For myself it almost seemed like they were being factitious and insincere. They hardly seemed to just slow down and observe Nihil, they seemed to constantly avoid looking or glancing in his direction to inform their next action or move, they seemed to constantly fall, roll and jump off platforms to fall, and other behaviour that seemed... just odd to me. However I also make it a rule to extend good faith to others in their claims, so if they imply they were sincere, then I take them on that generally. 

Which means I have to try and consider other possibilities. Well... a few do exist, like sometimes when people play games, they put a lot of pressure on themselves, which creates anxiety. If their reflexes are struggling a bit, if they are worried about pressure, or failure, especially if there is additional time pressure, and having to restar, failure to get rewards... All this can stack up, and well basically debuff our ability to analyse, observe, learn, and subconsciously or consciously form strategy and action to overcome those obstacles. 

Basically my biggest tip, is to try and learn the patterns of this fight. Try not psyche yourself out. When I first started playing against Nihil, I would jump far away from his attacks, by doing big bullet jumps. I didn't know if his attack had an AOE, how large it was, I only knew that, if it hit me, I would be slowed and then he could kill me with a follow up attack. Then, I started to observe how close the attack could get near me, without it affecting me. Its actually pretty tight. Which is good. If you practice, you can avoid it a few different ways. 

You can practice timing and just jump once, and you can avoid it. Just a small hop, not even a double jump You can roll side to side, but you don't even need that. You can even just move side to side. Its just a matter of timing. If you are unsure though, nothing wrong with bullet jumping and being more cautious. Main thing is to just practice, but practice isn't just about repetition, you want to observe and learn too. Even if that makes going a bit slower at the beginning or even getting hit a few times. 

Even if the event is over, remember you can practice with the Nighwave decoration and keys (I can't remember if you need a key, or whether just having a key is what gives the Riven reward). 

Either all, good luck and take care. 

Yup, it was for the Recall Event. Sadly i couldn't made it in time and missed it out to try it again. But yeah, maybe one day when i get myself a Key. I already have his Oubliette.

And thanks to everyone to their Tips and Strategies. I'm sure i would've able to beat the Glassmaker.

Edited by (XBOX)HansLollos
  • Like 1