Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I was excited for Boar Incarnon but it's a huge letdown, turning it into a weak Kuva Nukor did nothing to buff or otherwise make it more interesting.

ShortbusGangster

I have turned people into boar users, have rolled several rivens, and given many to friends who I got into the boar. Boar Prime is my third most used based on usage percent. First most used based on Kills, exp, etc. 
Lovely weapon and has been my companion since the days of Boltor and Soma prime meta. Always felt that it was the AA-12 of Warframe. Long since fantasized about the idea of a slug alt fire, giving it some more range. 

Kind of silly to give a Shotgun, a close quarters mechanic, its primary fire mode can actually do some damage at distance. Beam is literally crippling it.
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing incarnon did was buff the stats. Incarnon mode is just free ammo to disrupt a mob with. Kuva Nukor would nuke the same mob. 

This was a huge missed chance to give the Boar a proper AA-12 treatment, with some explosive rounds, slugs, or void wormhole shots reminiscent of Simulor. There's a dozen great ideas that fit the boar. Beam weapon was not one of them.  
Going from the boars magnificent shotgun blast to beam mode is like taking the Grave Digger monster truck and swapping its roaring power plant for an electric motor. 
It feels like a can of silly string.  

• Like 1

You sound disappointed because you set up expectations for yourself, instead of just waiting to see what they'd do. In terms of the transformation, it's supposed to fire multiple beams that then chain to more enemies, which actually seems pretty fitting for a shotgun beam weapon

Kuva Nukor is overrated and overpowered, it was never going to be outmatched either way

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

You sound disappointed because you set up expectations for yourself, instead of just waiting to see what they'd do. In terms of the transformation, it's supposed to fire multiple beams that then chain to more enemies, which actually seems pretty fitting for a shotgun beam weapon

Except the chaining beams aren’t doing much after a certain point. It’s basically Ocucor’s strings but with the power of weaker mods outside of Hunter Munitions. Still a single target weapon when it comes to damage but not as much for general use add clear. 

Ehhh I mean, I sympathise, in the sense, when someone has a favourite anything, then having it become disappointing in some manner. Thats unfortunate. 

As a fellow Boar fan though, well, I can see how the Incarnon form could potentially be a let down... but also the normal form was given significant buffs. Ever since the Felarx, Warframe players should know, that sometimes the normal form can be better, more enjoyable, and potentially better in dealing with certain situations. Normal Boar Prime was great, but now its a total monster of a weapon. Especially with a Riven. I've been testing it out against Archons, Steel Path Disruption Demo's, Acolytes and so on, its very impressive. 

What you describe, sounds in part to expectations you placed on the weapon. Which is fair, we all tend to make assumptions, I made assumptions about how potent the Soma Prime Incarnon mode could be, and was disappointed there, I wouldn't try to argue such a point. Just for myself though, preferences aside, the Boar Incarnon is strong, and versatile, and it can be more effective against larger spread out groups of enemies. Granted, I also like beam weapons, so again, may just be a preference issue, but have been a lot of situations, where there were too many weaker enemies, spread out across different directions, some obscured behind cover/objects, and the linking/chaining beam mechanic of the Incarnon mode was great at just burning through them faster. You can just sweep across different directions, and a lot of enemies you can't see or hit (even with a lot of punch through) will die, and so unlike a lot of other Incarnon's, I actually think there is value and utility in the two modes being so different. 

Though I also totally understand why many would stylistically prefer Incarnon modes that are near identical to the normal, just pumped up more powerful versions. I already think the normal form is fine as is with the buffs myself though. 

• Like 1

I considered Boar to be a fodder weapon because I'm a Volt main and focus on weapons with high CC and CD to utilize Electric Shields double CD buff, also because it has massive recoil (nausea issue), long reload, short range, and wide spread without any punch through.

One Incarnon Genesis later.

Boar got innate Punch Through, +50% Accuracy, and base CC and CD increased from 15% and 2 to 35% and 2.5. These buffs allowed me to focus only on the remaining shortcomings, namely recoil and reload, which were resolved by a Riven and Shotgun Vendetta. This allowed me to slot in Galvanized Acceleration which works on the Incarnon form as well. Lot of work, Kuva, and Platinum was spend, but now it's the primary weapon on most of my loadouts. It even replaced Latron Prime which got buffed insanely by Incarnon.

The buffs made the normal form into one of the best single target primary weapon, toppling even Felarx and Latron, while still clearing corridors thanks to the Punch Through. The only way to make it better isn't to buff it's already existing features but address what the weapon lacks, crowd control.

The Incarnon form beams, with increased range, innate Punch Through, and chaining, easily clears whole rooms of fodder enemies within a second or two even on Steel Path, while locking the said fodder in the Heat status animation before they die. Once they're dead, you can switch to the normal form and finish off the remaining tougher enemies like Eximus, which will charge your Incarnon back. 

While I find the beams weird looking (especially if you don't use Boar Prime), the weapon itself was vastly improved and both forms work really great for their intended purpose, even if they don't outperform the very best at each of the traits (single target being Laetum or Phenmor and crowd handling being Ocucor or Kuva Nukor based on preference).

A wonderful weapon and my new favourite toy.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
Many typos
  • Like 1