The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make void status effect can also remove (partially) overguard

(PSN)Station2D-

Is there a possibility to make the void status effect can also remove partially  the enemy overguard?

i know that void damage, in terms of numbers, is effective against overguard, but the problem is that unlike armor and shields, which can be removed with corrosive and magnetic effects, overguard can only be removed with raw damage, which might not seem like a big deal, because sometimes you don't need to remove armor or shields to clear a group of enemies, but at higher levels where the enemies become more tanky and armor/shield strip comes to play I think there should be an alternative to remove overguard and not depend on just one factor

So this is a suggestion to not only rely on big numbers, but also have an alternative to remove overguard like we do with armor and shields.

Thanks.

i think Void Damage is great against Overguard, idunno. exactly as it works now it lets me have good Damage against Overguard and against normal Health Types.
and i like the Bullet Attractor that Void Status provides, it's a great combatination.

if you want something uhhhh, idk maybe something like stacking Impact and Void Status together allows a different type of Finisher that does Percentual Damage to Overguard?

Maybe a void status effect can allow other damage to bypass overguard for short duration? Enemy will not lose what's left of their overguard entirely but other type of damage can directly hit the enemy including it's own status effect. That way we have synergy between a player in operator/drifter and another player with normal weapon.

4 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I prefer void damage bypass overguard instead. Kinda like how toxic damage bypass shields or slash procs ignore armor. 

Seconding this. I really like the thematic design of toxin bypassing shields, but it's always frustrated me that its secondary types (corrosive, gas, and viral) don't. Like, they're derived from it, they should at least partially bypass if full bypass would be too much. Having void bypass overguard would also be cool, and continue the theme of void being the exotic damage type that does strange things.

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Hot take: there should be no way to strip overguard faster than raw damage or void damage, for the sake of limiting power-creep

Doing so you just make powercreep worse. Overguard is bigger? More damage. We have more damage? More overguard. It's neverending story.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

Is there a possibility to make the void status effect can also remove the enemy overguard?

I know that void damage currently has bonus damage against overguard, but even that doesn't seem to give it enough viability, the problem is that unlike armor and shields, which can be removed with corrosive and magnetic effects, overguard can only be removed with raw damage, which might not seem like a big deal, but at higher levels it certainly is

So this is a suggestion to not only rely on big numbers, but also have an alternative to remove overguard like we do with armor and shields.

Thanks.

+1

I would like for armor strip to strip overguard as well. Max 50% at time.

But Void damage gets a 75% bonus vs overguard! /s

I'm not exactly sure how to balance it, but I think it would create a lot more organic Operator/Warframe loop if Operators could properly strip Overguard. Put a zero at the end of that percent and see where that gets us. 

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

and i like the Bullet Attractor that Void Status provides, it's a great combatination.

I've never much liked the bullet attractor as it doesn't mesh with what the Operator is supposed to be doing. Operators are there to make your Warframe do Warframe things better. Void Status kinda does that on paper, but it has two issues (imo).

1. The duration isn't long enough for you to make proper use of the status effect after swapping to Warframe. And while this could be fixed by just improving the duration...
  2. A bullet attractor isn't a universal buff that is always wanted. When going for headshots or make use of punch through this effect is an active detriment. 

Void status should be always useful. You always have your Operator equipped, it should always be something you'd want to use. That does mean it'll have to be boring, but I think that's for the best. One of the ideas I've had is for Void status to change an enemy's resistances to +75% to all damage types (for 10 seconds). Yeah, it is just a damage boost, bit it still retains some build-arounds in that it enables using any damage type against anything without getting hit with chunky DR. 

Bullet attractor on magnetic status though... that has some potential. 

3 hours ago, quxier said:

I am a big proponent for the "break armor with mechanics" meta we are in, but I think this would be pushing armor strips to be a bit too much. Different mechanical interactions is more interesting than having one interaction be the catch-all. Let Operators be the answer to chunky Overguard.

6 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I've never much liked the bullet attractor as it doesn't mesh with what the Operator is supposed to be doing. Operators are there to make your Warframe do Warframe things better. Void Status kinda does that on paper, but it has two issues (imo).

1. The duration isn't long enough for you to make proper use of the status effect after swapping to Warframe. And while this could be fixed by just improving the duration...
  2. A bullet attractor isn't a universal buff that is always wanted. When going for headshots or make use of punch through this effect is an active detriment. 

Void status should be always useful. You always have your Operator equipped, it should always be something you'd want to use. That does mean it'll have to be boring, but I think that's for the best. One of the ideas I've had is for Void status to change an enemy's resistances to +75% to all damage types (for 10 seconds). Yeah, it is just a damage boost, bit it still retains some build-arounds in that it enables using any damage type against anything without getting hit with chunky DR. 

Bullet attractor on magnetic status though... that has some potential. 

i specifically like it on Void because that benefits spacekid, and means i can add it with Xata's Whisper. i appreciate that it can prevent you from piercing a line of Enemies, but it has nice benefits for stronger Enemies when you're focusing on them. or if Enemies are already balled up anyways.

it's also just mega stonks for spaekid all around. any affected Enemy can't shoot you - great, you're way less likely to die - and it goes perfectly with the Glaive Scaffold. so good.

you can still manage Headshots if you do the same thing you'd do with Mag and change your point of aim so that the bubble actually helps you hit the Head.

exactly as it is is what makes me like it and want it, on top of that it's a bonus against Overguard. removal of any of that would be a detriment for everything i do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
for me any changes/additions then has to maintain existing features but offer something else on top.

1 hour ago, DrBorris said:
5 hours ago, quxier said:

I am a big proponent for the "break armor with mechanics" meta we are in, but I think this would be pushing armor strips to be a bit too much. Different mechanical interactions is more interesting than having one interaction be the catch-all. Let Operators be the answer to chunky Overguard.

Sure, if there is like 1 Eximus per e.g. minute. Otherwise you end up with having to stay in one mode to strip Overguard. The same happens with Nully spam. They often spam 3 Nully per room and only option is to use "Nully gear".

And I suggest 50% overguard strip, hence need at least 2 cast to fully strip Overguard. You can still do both - frame & operator stripping.

En 13/8/2023 a las 17:56, (PSN)jaggerwanderer dijo:

I prefer void damage bypass overguard instead. Kinda like how toxic damage bypass shields or slash procs ignore armor. 

En 13/8/2023 a las 20:54, BroDutt dijo:

Maybe a void status effect can allow other damage to bypass overguard for short duration? Enemy will not lose what's left of their overguard entirely but other type of damage can directly hit the enemy including it's own status effect. That way we have synergy between a player in operator/drifter and another player with normal weapon.

that's a great idea!

En 13/8/2023 a las 17:58, Pakaku dijo:

Hot take: there should be no way to strip overguard faster than raw damage or void damage, for the sake of limiting power-creep

(Though I would love to see new void-damage mods added)

it shouldn't be faster? sure thing

En 13/8/2023 a las 18:31, taiiat dijo:

i think Void Damage is great against Overguard, idunno. exactly as it works now it lets me have good Damage against Overguard and against normal Health Types.

it's good in terms of damage, but it's still not as good as corrosive damage against armor, I mean, corrosive damage not only gives you an bonus damage against armor but also gives you the option to remove it, which it may not be necessary sometimes but it gives you more opportunities to fight against it and I think that's the same approach that void damage should have

5 hours ago, (PSN)Station2D- said:

it's good in terms of damage, but it's still not as good as corrosive damage against armor, I mean, corrosive damage not only gives you an bonus damage against armor but also gives you the option to remove it, which it may not be necessary sometimes but it gives you more opportunities to fight against it and I think that's the same approach that void damage should have

uhhh, Void Status could offer a Multiplier against Overguard i guess
doesn't remove any current functionality but still gets something kinda like that

Archived