Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

abyssmal spawns in lith excavations/endless fissures?

pantophage

just as title said. ran venus excavation fissure twice. once with crossplay, and once without crossplay. both times took 7 minutes with pubs. first time around i figured it was cus host was on console, so i turned off crossplay and ran it again with pubs, and got the same result. most of the time there weren't any spawns at all. 

additionally, about half the time the things that were spawned didn't seem to be alerted and were just aimlessly wandering around. ran into this during a meso survival as well, spawns were better tho

It's funny how there's issues over and over again. The excavation missions overall are a pain to do: power carriers dont spawn, on high level enemies the excavators are cannon fodder. The excavation missions need an overhaul to be honest. Especially in Circuit, where you are basically forced to waste time trying to defend the excavator that gets one shotted by even a slight breeze. 

Corpus tilesets (interception in my case) are also having immense issues, be it solo or 4/4, the enemy fissure cluster spawn is behind the 10% stage.

Usually, you can determine if the mission will succeed (cracking open the relic) or totally fail by checking the current progression / 10%.

E.g., at 35% progression, you should have at least 3 or better 4 fissures collected. Usually, that value on badly tagged tilesets, are more likely to have 1 to 2 fissures less in total, so you will "under-collect" fissures compared to your interception progress bar.

Ending up with 4-7 fissures when hitting 100% isn't that uncommon, and these issues exists for YEARS. DE does not care, no matter how many people are nowadays spamming this kind of topic, they simply don't care.

Edited by iHeuksal
  • Like 1

So... excavation is garbage, and the only way to really get a decent number of spawns is to run two excavators. You also get smart people who will top off two before everyone has picked up their ten reactants. Seems like it's intentionally designed to fail without really going out of your way to play in weird out-of-the-box ways

Most people do not understand the enemy spawn mechanics (close to objective, close to players and if not fissure - out of line of sight) and keep running around essentially dilluting the chance of anything spawning. Not to mention people who gotta nuke everything from the orbit before it actually gets marked with void.

Edited by Zakkhar

38 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Most people do not understand the enemy spawn mechanics (close to objective, close to players and if not fissure - out of line of sight) and keep running around essentially dilluting the chance of anything spawning. Not to mention people who gotta nuke everything from the orbit before it actually gets marked with void.

Nope. I once have dedicated team. Activate one excavator at one time, but the enemy fissure didn't spawn near the excavator but near the next excavator point that currently spawn 300 m from where we are.

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Like... I'm playing solo and my Carrier goes 2-3 meters from me...

Solo excavations can indeed get dicey , the spawn alogrithm sometimes doesn't spawn any carriers for minutes at a time.

It's just made worse if you don't have a loadout that can kill really fast. 

I prefer a "let it work with shields" mechanics like we have for hijack missions , we can have it such that it only works if it is out of power.

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I prefer a "let it work with shields" mechanics like we have for hijack missions , we can have it such that it only works if it is out of power.

and just like that, you've cemented Hildryn as excavation meta, lol.

the spawns are bad, but the easiest solution would just be to scrap the idea of power carriers altogether and let random enemies drop power cells when killed. that way you aren't waiting however long for a specific enemy type to show up, you just need *someone* to show up, kill them and you get your power cell. 

survival can also have the same issues, ran a meso survival a few days ago to do an incarnon challenge, barely any spawns: I was solo, but there were even less enemies and almost none of them dropped life support. spawns are just inconsistent across the board, and I wish that DE would fix it, but they don't seem to think there's a problem in the first place.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Solo means 4 times less enemies unless SP.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Remove Power Carriers Please, just give every enemy a chance to drop power cells, kinda like survival missions with life support modules 

That will not solve the proble, but create entirely new one.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Or any frame with rebuild shields or a means to gain shields faster than spending them. I know of many that fit that criteria and whatever applies to hijack would also apply here , it's not really a problem if a frame excels at specific things in any specific missions in my opinion. 

We already have nekros as the meta as it doubles your power cells so something as an backup wouldn't hurt.

The spawns are bad, but the easiest solution would just be to scrap the idea of power carriers altogether and let random enemies drop power cells when killed. that way you aren't waiting however long for a specific enemy type to show up, you just need *someone* to show up, kill them and you get your power cell. 

survival can also have the same issues, ran a meso survival a few days ago to do an incarnon challenge, barely any spawns: I was solo, but there were even less enemies and almost none of them dropped life support. spawns are just inconsistent across the board, and I wish that DE would fix it, but they don't seem to think there's a problem in the first place.

So ... Convert excavation to survival with more steps ? Which as you highlight also has similar problems.

37 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:
2 hours ago, quxier said:

Solo means 4 times less enemies unless SP.

That doesn't mean that there shouldn't be any or small amount of enemies.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

the spawns are bad, but the easiest solution would just be to scrap the idea of power carriers altogether and let random enemies drop power cells when killed. that way you aren't waiting however long for a specific enemy type to show up, you just need *someone* to show up, kill them and you get your power cell. 

This but enemy spawn should be consistent as well. There are times were no enemy spawn as well.

Or when there is no enemy damaging for e.g. 2 seconds timer goes faster, max 2-3 times faster. In addition every Energy thing activated past 100% removes 10 seconds. So you can protect doing 2-3 times faster or go look for Power Carriers to remove times 10 per time.

Edited by quxier