Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized Aptitude on Telos Boltor is BUGGED. Unusual SIGNIFICANT difference in Incarnon form dmg output.

SprinKah

EDIT3: It's the Galvanized Aptitude mod on the Telos Boltor specifically that's the cause of this issue. Something about flatly increasing the damage by like...4000% or something. 

--------------------------------

EDIT2: Well, I'm not really sure if it's 100% known by the devs yet, cuz it's not listed in the "Known Issues" section here, so I guess it's better to keep notice of it. 

--------------------------------

EDIT: nvm it's a known bug which I didn't know about, all's good. 

---------------------------------

I got my hands on Telos Boltor Incarnon today, I also have the Boltor Prime Incarnon as well, and comparing their stats together...they aren't really that different...but for some reason, Telos Boltor basically does like 10X more damage in ONE INCARNON SHOT, compared to Boltor Prime. There has to be some wonky bug and math going on with either the Telos Boltor or Boltor Prime...my guess is the Telos Boltor because in all honesty, I don't think it should do that. 

Here are some screenshots, I tested against lvl180 Steel Path Corrupted Heavy Gunners in Simulacrum. Using the SAME BUILD and RIVEN. Keep in mind, the riven disposition of the Telos Boltor and Boltor Prime is apparently IDENTICAL: 

BOLTOR PRIME:

Spoiler

3uehxIH.jpeg

GmHZMi3.jpeg

TELOS BOLTORS:

Spoiler

QcIpwLd.jpeg

7fQSEMy.jpeg

This one is a bit crazy

nQrEpMe.jpeg

Just to be clear, I did not try anything crazy:

-No ability.

-No armor stripping.

-Same Primary Deadhead stacks.

-Same Galvanized Split Chamber stacks.

-ONE SHOT EACH OF THEM.

And that's not even counting in the SLASH DoT from Hunter Munition. After every singular shot, Boltor Prime from my tests got pretty good slash DoTs, but it took like 2-3 of them to kill 1 of them, whereas Telos Boltor just deletes them with 1 Slash tick. 

SAME BUILD:

Spoiler

XbhQZRA.jpeg

So yeah, I definitely think there's something weird going on around the Telos Boltor...because I sincerely don't think even for an Incarnon weapon, it can do what it does here in ONE SHOT. And it's not like the Boltor Prime Incarnon is bad. 

Edited by SprinKah

Probably something to do with the known bug mentioned on the wiki page here.

Known Bugs

• TelosBoltor Telos Boltor Incarnon Form
    • Mod TT 20px Galvanized Aptitude ignores the base damage value of both Evolution II perks and scales off of the 30 total damage of the weapon's non-incarnon form.
    • The base damage value of Mod TT 20px Galvanized Aptitude gets multiplied by the remaining magazine. For example, with a 160 magazine and the 30 base damage value of non-incarnon form the mod will scale off of 30*160 = 4800 base damage.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

telos boltor has more critical chance...dont see anything wrong.

lmao, dude cmon, if you think a 20% more crit chance and 0.4x more crit dmg AFTER MODS, and with LOWER base damage....allows the Telos Boltor deal like, idk...20 TIMES more damage in ONE SINGLE SHOT than the Boltor Prime then uh....I don't know what to tell you xD. 

In Incarnon form, with the same build, my Boltor Prime at 102% crit chance does 6744 (899.2 x 7.5) dmg, while Telos Boltor at 120% crit chance does 5920 (749.4 x 7.9) dmg...so uh, yeah technically the Telos Boltor should do LESS INITIAL DAMAGE per shot, the 20% occasional orange crit isn't gonna make that big of a difference. 

It simply does not add up :|. Have you even looked at the pictures I attached? The difference is BEYOND night and day. 

Hell, that shouldn't even be the case IF the Telos Boltor had way more crit chance. 

And like, apparently it IS a bug, something with Galvanized Aptitude that idk, brings the damage of Telos Boltor by 4000% or something...so there IS something wrong. 

• Like 2

SIGH

WHY? did you feel the need to complain about a bug that is Beneficial to players???

well there goes one of my favorites

RIP

-look, there are Lots of bugs in this game, Most of them Detrimental to players. But whenever DE fixes them it seems like they only prioritize the ones that Help players.

The only way we as players can fight that Bias, is by Not Talking About the helpful ones! So that DE instead defaults to working on the ones that really hurt us. Unless DE fixes their priorities to give us a Quality Experience, I'm not changing my stance on this.

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed

32 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

SIGH

WHY? did you feel the need to complain about a bug that is Beneficial to players???

well there goes one of my favorites

RIP

-look, there are Lots of bugs in this game, Most of them Detrimental to players. But whenever DE fixes them it seems like they only prioritize the ones that Help players.

The only way we as players can fight that Bias, is by Not Talking About the helpful ones! So that DE instead defaults to working on the ones that really hurt us. Unless DE fixes their priorities to give us a Quality Experience, I'm not changing my stance on this.

By responding to this post you are giving it more traction.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna

How it works on Telos, is that after your first kill, the weapon suddenly jsut decides to turn into a terminator weapon, and can literally oneshot lvl 190 SP Exo Officers. I dont know if its the GunCO doing it, but you need that first kill, for it to suddenly wake up and start performing a bit too good even.

I doubt its GunCO because you need only one shot to kill the enemies. The enemies dont have any stacks or anything yet at that point. Literally one incarnon charge to kill them.. Again, you need that first kill for it to activate.. But without that the weapon would not be good enough. Before this terminator mdoe activates, it just doesnt perform well enough. I even have a godroll riven in it.. so please dont report bugs taht are beneficial for us, just so you can make a post that gains traction, out of your own ego. Something you found out.. This should be how the weapon behaves by default, as that damage is already why so many people use this weapon now in endurance Cascades, and Disruptions. You will still need all your normal things to perform well enough in high level content.

Edited by Turboameeba

4 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

The only way we as players can fight that Bias, is by Not Talking About the helpful ones!

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

so please dont report bugs taht are beneficial for us,

Bumping this for troof.   I'm terrified we will be slaughtered by Grineer Lancers without those sweet sweet bugs.  Let's keep this at the top of the page so nobody forgets we don't talk about good bugs.  #lipsaresealed #youdidnthearitfromme  #keepitsecretkeepitsafe 

• Like 1

On 2023-08-20 at 4:19 AM, Turboameeba said:

How it works on Telos, is that after your first kill, the weapon suddenly jsut decides to turn into a terminator weapon, and can literally oneshot lvl 190 SP Exo Officers. I dont know if its the GunCO doing it, but you need that first kill, for it to suddenly wake up and start performing a bit too good even.

I doubt its GunCO because you need only one shot to kill the enemies. The enemies dont have any stacks or anything yet at that point. Literally one incarnon charge to kill them.. Again, you need that first kill for it to activate.. But without that the weapon would not be good enough. Before this terminator mdoe activates, it just doesnt perform well enough. I even have a godroll riven in it.. so please dont report bugs taht are beneficial for us, just so you can make a post that gains traction, out of your own ego. Something you found out.. This should be how the weapon behaves by default, as that damage is already why so many people use this weapon now in endurance Cascades, and Disruptions. You will still need all your normal things to perform well enough in high level content.

but gunco works off of your previous kill, it's not like melee co so by your reasoning it sounds very much like it would be gunco that is making telos boltor do absurd damage.