Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

12 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

You would think so amigo, but i think that they are dug in and not going to change people have pointed things out from every angle if DE change the system and offer this 4th pack it screws over the original buyers, if they don’t make the pack it screws veterans because they have all prime accessories and plat (don’t get me wrong not all veterans will have all prime accessories but a lot will) it just doesn’t sit well from any angle but them staying silent is a fingers up to the player base.

I don't think it's even "upsetting" the original buyers issue, I think it's down to just that it's a predatory microtransaction and they want to test the waters to see what they can get away with like I said about DL2, so many uproar about it, but you don't see them changing their mind.

The only way to get this in the spotlight is to try and get other reviewers to talk about it, the more publicly this gets the more they'll affect the game itself, but it's difficult to reach out to them it seems.

But I'm sure at least someone knows how to get in touch with such

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I don't think it's even "upsetting" the original buyers issue, I think it's down to just that it's a predatory microtransaction and they want to test the waters to see what they can get away with like I said about DL2, so many uproar about it, but you don't see them changing their mind.

The only way to get this in the spotlight is to try and get other reviewers to talk about it, the more publicly this gets the more they'll affect the game itself, but it's difficult to reach out to them it seems.

Either you know them personally or know a way to get your message to them. Really depends per creator which is fickle. Some of them respond quick via twitter, discord, etc.

The best people coming to the top of my mind right now is Jimquisition since they delved into Warframe before. Ross from Game Dungeon because he talked about GaaS and denounces it, but he doesn't put up videos often lately as far as I remember.

If AVGN was still at his prime I would have loved him to dissect Warframe because of the bugs and some of the things he rants about can be found on the game (like questionable game designs, bugs that make you lose the game, unclear stuff about the game) but these days he seems really worn down and his reviews don't delve into the game deep anymore, and he only reviews retro , non-online games, most of the time. He's too old for this. But before? I can see him making WF developers iron out bugs because of the pull he used to have. Warframe would be memed to death with his reactions and rantings. He can do that before.

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Either you know them personally or know a way to get your message to them. Really depends per creator which is fickle. Some of them respond quick via twitter, discord, etc.

The best people coming to the top of my mind right now is Jimquisition since they delved into Warframe before. Ross from Game Dungeon because he talked about GaaS and denounces it, but he doesn't put up videos often lately as far as I remember.

If AVGN was still at his prime I would have loved him to dissect Warframe because of the bugs and some of the things he rants about can be found on the game (like questionable game designs, bugs that make you lose the game, unclear stuff about the game) but these days he seems really worn down and his reviews don't delve into the game deep anymore, and he only reviews retro , non-online games, most of the time. He's too old for this. But before? I can see him making WF developers iron out bugs because of the pull he used to have. Warframe would be memed to death with his reactions and rantings. He can do that before.

It depends yeah, tho bugs and such is the least of our worries right now, this marketing is what needs to go and be delt with, I know some folks take this with a very heavy hand 

2 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It depends yeah, tho bugs and such is the least of our worries right now, this marketing is what needs to go and be delt with, I know some folks take this with a very heavy hand 

Let's hope this regains steam and see if they'll do this in the future heirloom packs. Reddit pretty much seemed like it did an 180 or gave up about it though it's reddit. A place for fluff 24/7. From what it looks like, the mods refuse to delete everything heirloom-related and encourage everyone to use a megathread, so if it's mentioned, you'll get downvoted.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Let's hope this regains steam and see if they'll do this in the future heirloom packs. Reddit pretty much seemed like it did an 180 or gave up about it though it's reddit. A place for fluff 24/7. From what it looks like, the mods refuse to delete everything heirloom-related and encourage everyone to use a megathread, so if it's mentioned, you'll get downvoted.

Might of got threatened with something, why they did the 180

scary when you think about it

• Like 2

Did some calculations on how much DE would lose each week if the 190,000 people on this thread boycotted the market and platinum purchases of warframe on average the the average warframe player will spend 19.99 on platinum with tax it usually up to 21$ and taking 3 percentages of players who are for the packs price 12%, 30% and 50%  and the other percentages is the ones boycotting the market

12% for and 88% against being 3,342,328 per week

30% for and 70% against being 2,658,670 per week

50% for and 50% against being  1,899,050 per week 

So if we can get 50% of the threads viewers to boycott platinum purchases they will lose 1,899,050 a week within a month thats 7,596,200 worth of losses if we can get 70% thats 10,634,680 a month worth of losses and if we get 88% that's 13,369,312 a month worth of losses 

Thats only this thread there are thousands more who haven't visited the thread  I wonder if they would talk and finally give us a 4th pack that only has the cosmetics and skins  for those that can't afford the pack or just don't want the filler if they started losing 7,596,200 a month or even more if we got the players that spend 80 dollars on the prime access to stop buying those packs as well

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I'm not understanding any of your math or where you're pulling these numbers from. 

Theoretical calculations of what DE would lose if the 190,000 people who have viewed this thread stoped buying platinum taking in the average amount an average player will pay each week 19.99 with tax thats 20$ to 21$ thats 190,000 x $20.00 =  $3,800,000 a week and took out 3 percentages of people that would most likely be for the pack 12%, 30% and 50% of the 190,000 people most likely it would be a 50/50

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I'm not understanding any of your math or where you're pulling these numbers from. 

Also I really hate math so I might have left out the taxes that would be taken out of the money gained from the weekly purchases and the addition of non average player like free to players (which typically spend less) and fashion framers/ prime pack players (which typically spend more)

13 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

100% agree.

12 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Might of got threatened with something, why they did the 180

scary when you think about it

You think a DE rep threatened them?? If so like you said scary, I would hope this hasn’t been the case but reddit is a law amongst itself so yeah you could be onto something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Theoretical calculations of what DE would lose if the 190,000 people who have viewed this thread stoped buying platinum taking in the average amount an average player will pay each week 19.99 with tax thats 20$ to 21$ thats 190,000 x $20.00 =  $3,800,000 a week and took out 3 percentages of people that would most likely be for the pack 12%, 30% and 50% of the 190,000 people most likely it would be a 50/50

No what I don't understand is where you're thinking the average player spends $20 a week on platinum. Or that the 190,000 views on this thread are all individual people.

Let's be reasonable. From the upvotes on the first page we can safely assume an average of 250 people did not like this change. (250 for easier maths)

Im going to guess that majority of them don't buy platinum at full price or are f2p players and trade for platinum. We don't know for sure, so we can't really assume how much those people usually spend or would not spend but it ain't almost 4 million dollars a week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

No what I don't understand is where you're thinking the average player spends $20 a week on platinum. Or that the 190,000 views on this thread are all individual people.

I dont think it counts you viewing a thread multiple times iv tested this by viewing a thread multiple times and it only counted for one of my viewing times  and most of the things I sead were theoretical and I'm just counting the average amount the average player spends a week on warframe (usually 9.99 to 19.99)I didn't acount for the non average players like ftp (who usually trade for plat or pay 4.99 a week) and fashion framers/prime framers who usually pay 39.99 to 79.99 a week to month)

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Im going to guess that majority of them don't buy platinum at full price or are f2p players and trade for platinum. We don't know for sure, so we can't really assume how much those people usually spend or would not spend but it ain't almost 4 million dollars a week.

But if we are talking about only 250 people that didn't like the thread and 20 dollars a week thats 5000 dollars a week and 20000 a month and were not even talking about the people not on the thread that don't like the packs there are around 34 million players that play warframe (dont feel like doing the math on that one)

2 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

You think a DE rep threatened them?? If so like you said scary, I would hope this hasn’t been the case but reddit is a law amongst itself so yeah you could be onto something.

Same here

But its not out of the question given out quickly Reddit did the 180, they were meme-ing about it hard and then suddenly they are okay with it?

• Like 1

If Runescape can do this, you guys could've fixed this trainwreck you created if you wanted to.

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/p=wwGlrZHF5gKN6D3mDdihco3oPeYN2KFybL9hUUFqOvk/hero-pass---player-feedback-update-2

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Edited by PollexMessier
Replaced a lint to a video discussing the topic, with a link to the actual post from the devs, and a couple screenshots from it.
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If Runescape can do this, you guys could've fixed this trainwreck you created if you wanted to.

Hide contents

Yeah, I find it baffling that people think it's utterly impossible for DE to make any changes to the Heirloom Packs when Jagex quickly reversed the changes they brought with Hero Pass and even offered refunds for those who were no longer satisfied with the purchase. Albeit circumstances are different, and I don't know much about Jagex, but what we're asking from DE isn't as unreasonable as some are making it out to be.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Is this still standing?

Now the song "I'm Still Standing" from Taron Egerton is in my head

12 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmm

Interesting, by looks of things, it looks like Negative Reviews, such does bring attention that's for sure, tho I don't see it happening for WF any time soon   

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

11 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Hide contents

Damn, I don't play Runescape, but after I saw how old Jagex maintaining this game for 20 years, listened their community complaints to change that sh*t and admitted that they're wrong to do this, I truly respect them.

Man, too bad, some players with thick wallet already bought this packs gleefully without thinking it's worth it or not, just buy it because it SUPPORTS DE. But didn't think how it'll affect the future limited pack with crap content that they'll release. We still have plenty of Warframes that they'll be able to create Heirloom skins. Just imagine every for 3-4 months or each TennoCon, they release new limited Heirloom packs with the same content as this one as a norm without listening to players feedback, but other players wallet. As long as people still buying this pack, I'm pessimistic that DE will do something about this without admitting they are wrong.

• Like 9

Nice to see how the title for 10-year supporter went to people who tossed out money for one pack, instead of people who overall supported for years and spent much more than this and helped a bunch of new players so the game can keep going and make this enjoyable experience. I guess ''support'' is something that you purchase these days as well. Overall I'm fine with some things even when it's questionable, but this is sort of where I draw the line.
DE didn't start the company and the game yesterday, ''oh we made a mistake'' really isn't valid. Not gonna even go into ridiculous pricing, you also had to know that it would sell more if the price was 20-30$ and that would also make it affordable for those who, you know, need to work 4-5 days to earn that 90$.

Really offensive and a slap in the face for long-time players.

Edit:

I like to speak with my wallet instead and when I notice the game gets greedy, I cut off every sort of payment for it and normally quit the game.
How I viewed Wf over the years is the game that ''accepted'' me back as a player whenever, regardless of whether I had the money at the time or not - unlike the subscription games, for example. When I could, I always supported it with purchases, as I have some prime accessories, more than half of the tennogen market, and made multiple plat purchases. I was more than happy to do so and again, the amount I have spent on this game is far from small (four numbers).
But the fact that I check on forums maybe once per year, I never in all these years complained anywhere (forums or twitch), yet I logged in now to type this, DE could easily make an office meeting discussing how the hell they managed to do that.
I don't mind how these cosmetics are being time-limited and locked only behind irl money payment. Making players buy both skins, making absurdly expensive packs of a damn digital item, then justifying it behind adding a bunch of items nobody asked for (and also easily could even offer that option for those who wanted to purchase it) legit have no excuse and not sure how blind one has to be to look at that and say ''yeh, this is completely fine''.

Might as well give us a free glyph of a middle finger instead, at least I would appreciate honesty and boldness.

Edited by --LA--Vengeance
  • Like 20

hace 11 horas, (XBOX)toughdragon17 dijo:

Bud Your really negative if all of us put effort into getting them to do something we can get them to listen to us about the 4th pack

If using my head and being realistic is negative then you are right.

DE already gave a answer and i don't believe for a moment that tencent cares even a little bit. Think about it, we have spent money for about 10 years or less on the game but Tencent hasn't had all those benefits in the first place. How are they going to understand what Warframe was like before their purchasing it and listen to the players? It just won't happen. At most, the next package of this style will simply be something different.

In short, Tencent is not going to bend its knee.

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

In short, Tencent is not going to bend its knee.

Yup, I think even everyone knows this, however.

Bad reviews, Negative Reviews and a Bad Rep towards DE will only affect DE, Tencent is likely just going to roll over to something else and like others before, it'll prove a point, Don't sell out to Tencent.

I'm not sure 100% but I've seen some games fall hard due to such and if I take a look at DL2 on Steam now, it's nothing but Negative reviews due to such, the forms are a mess and all YTs are talking about it, only a matter of time before this happens to WF.

If the packs keep coming out like this.

6 hours ago, --LA--Vengeance said:

I like to speak with my wallet instead and when I notice the game gets greedy, I cut off every sort of payment for it and normally quit the game.

If only everyone else did the same

On 2023-09-21 at 8:50 AM, Stafelund said:

I know I said Bugs and such aren't what the players are targeting here but!:

You might be interested in this: The title alone is kind of an interesting topic, since there are a few games as of late that have turned around a total of 180 and blew their game up in a good way, No Man's Sky, Cyberpunk, etc.

While other games, like Dying Light 2, Saint's Row and others have kind just been destroyed by bad choices or being sold to others

Spoiler

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 4