Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sevagoth Deluxe skin

CosoMalvadoNG

What do you think of the next Sevagoth deluxe skin? (which I hope doesn't come in a $90 package) 
The design of a captain sunk in the sea and eaten by the oxide is not bad at all. It reminds me a lot of Hydroid's deluxe skin (which by the way will have a rework soon) Liger Inuzuka always surprises me. How about you? the adaptation in the game may vary although, I hope not.

liger-inuzuka-1-wtrmrk.jpg?1693068626

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 2

I am so god damn hyped by this deluxe !! I really can't wait !!

And btw, he is in fact related to Hydroid Deluxe since on his Artstation, Liger created a little lore snippet about them ^^ : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Xg43wl (last pic)

I also really like the helmet from his initial theme researches. A tricorn really pirate-like, but was indeed still too similar to OC Sevagoth. But i would love to have it as an alt-helmet ^^

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 2

it's very... Liger.

Liger - Adjective: incredibly unusual, to the point of not knowing what the hell anything you're looking at is supposed to be, but also the total opposite of boring.

to be honest, Liger's designs do tend to grow on me eventually, and it's not like we have any other options for Sevagoth, so I guess I'll be getting this at some point.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's very... Liger.

Liger - Adjective: incredibly unusual, to the point of not knowing what the hell anything you're looking at is supposed to be, but also the total opposite of boring.

to be honest, Liger's designs do tend to grow on me eventually, and it's not like we have any other options for Sevagoth, so I guess I'll be getting this at some point.

I'm with you there. I'm someone who still vastly prefers the deluxe skins from their original roster (thinking IgnisDei skins) over stuff like this. I really like to still see the original Warframe when I'm using the skin, like you see from the Frost Heirloom Skin (not so much Mag) or most TennoGen. I still buy the deluxe bundles for the weapon skins and such, but it's very rare that we get a good looking skin that also somewhat represents the Warframe's signature look.

Edited by Voltage

I really like it, because it still looks like Sevagoth. 

The ocean theme also works considering that railjack is a "pirate ship" and according to the cold below, space is a really big "ocean". 

I'd rate it a 9/10 overall, but who knows, maybe it'll be even better in-game.

8 hours ago, Yulfan said:

I am so god damn hyped by this deluxe !! I really can't wait !!

And btw, he is in fact related to Hydroid Deluxe since on his Artstation, Liger created a little lore snippet about them ^^ : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Xg43wl (last pic)

I also really like the helmet from his initial theme researches. A tricorn really pirate-like, but was indeed still too similar to OC Sevagoth. But i would love to have it as an alt-helmet ^^

So originally, the deluxe would have been a more "complete" Sevagoth. 

I'm surprised because I didn't see the original as "deteriorated", but I guess I'm excited to see what the Prime will look like with that knowledge.

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT a dit :

So originally, the deluxe would have been a more "complete" Sevagoth. 

I'm surprised because I didn't see the original as "deteriorated", but I guess I'm excited to see what the Prime will look like with that knowledge.

Oh, i think OC Sevagoth is quite deteriorated. With his naked bones and dried up muscles, he is pretty much in a cadaveric state with his base skin and colors, which is understandable after being lost adrift for so long. We only know him post-Tempestarii, so his Prime appearance can be quite different.

Regarding his Prime version, i'm not sure if it must necessarily be related to his Deluxe. Sure, this Deluxe skin may be an intermediate version of Sevagoth existing between the Orokin Era and today, but it could simply be a parallel version with an unique style that existed alongside his Prime version. I'm more of the latter since in general, i don't think there was a single one of each prime warframe during the Orokin Era. Yes, there must be real originals (certainly lost forever), but if we still are able to duplicate everything now with our 3D-printer, it is certain that the Orokin were also able to, and certainly not shy of doing it knowing how much they needed them to maintain control over the System. It's up to our personnal narrative at this point ^^

Also, now that i know the lore of Sevagoth Deluxe, i find it quite ironic that all this time, i've always played Sevagoth with the Scourge with the Carcinus speargun skin and Diriga with the Scyth skin, both coming from the Hydroid Rakkam Deluxe bundle. All this time i was using the stuff of his nemesis ! xD

Edited by Yulfan

2 hours ago, Yulfan said:

Oh, i think OC Sevagoth is quite deteriorated. With his naked bones and dried up muscles, he is pretty much in a cadaveric state with his base skin and colors, which is understandable after being lost adrift for so long. We only know him post-Tempestarii, so his Prime appearance can be quite different.

Regarding his Prime version, i'm not sure if it must necessarily be related to his Deluxe. Sure, this Deluxe skin may be an intermediate version of Sevagoth existing between the Orokin Era and today, but it could simply be a parallel version with an unique style that existed alongside his Prime version. I'm more of the latter since in general, i don't think there was a single one of each prime warframe during the Orokin Era. Yes, there must be real originals (certainly lost forever), but if we still are able to duplicate everything now with our 3D-printer, it is certain that the Orokin were also able to, and certainly not shy of doing it knowing how much they needed them to maintain control over the System. It's up to our personnal narrative at this point ^^

Also, now that i know the lore of Sevagoth Deluxe, i find it quite ironic that all this time, i've always played Sevagoth with the Scourge with the Carcinus speargun skin and Diriga with the Scyth skin, both coming from the Hydroid Rakkam Deluxe bundle. All this time i was using the stuff of his nemesis ! xD

Tbh I recolored my Sevagoth to be super cool and edgy so he effectively looks like the final boss, making it hard to notice the deteriorated state. 

As for the deluxe, I like that they still made it look like Sevagoth, even if the idea of it being a "pre weathered" Sevagoth was cut. Instead, it looks what would have happened if Sevagoth was lost in the ocean instead of the void, which I really like. 

Hopefully with this knowledge they make Sevagoth Prime look like the original, unweathered Sevagoth.

Liger is undoubtedly an extremely talented artist. Pretty sure I could practice for 20yrs and still come nowhere close to their level of detail and imagination.

That being said, I've gotta be honest, I'm not feeling it. Don't get me wrong I "get" the concept behind it, Ghost Ships and Sea and all that, but there was a much better option if you look at all the details:

- Haunted/Eerily Quiet Ship

- Warframe lost in the Void

- Ghost of a former living being

Sevagoths Deluxe should have been based on the Void Angels. The Drifters Zariman being this abandoned eerie vessel, the Void affecting a Warframe and mutating it further beyond what it already is like an Incarnon, Ghosts and Angels mostly fitting into the same types of mythos.

Why we got Jellyfish-Sash Sevagoth instead of that will probably remain a mystery, but I don't think I'll be buying this deluxe to be honest.

Edited by (PSN)MYKK678