Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could Expand upon the Incarnon System, how/what would you do?

Zahnrad

7 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Thing is, as annoying as it is. Even the smallest and tiniest thing is always powercreep.

Exilus weapon mods being a good example. DE nerfed Catchmoon's range and people just used the Exilus to unnerf the range.

If you can figure out the metric that DE are using, there’s undoubtedly plenty of ways to introduce alternative ways to play that don’t necessarily involve pushing optional power even  further; they’ve been doing it for years now

That said, it’d probably be easier and less complicated to identify the metric of your standard power player, and then go in an alternative direction. What they turn their nose up at could be a sort of dowsing rod for options, and they turn their nose up at a lot

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

to be honest, Incarnons are probably one of the only systems in the game I have no issue with; even when they're bugged, the raw damage increase usually still makes the weapon slightly better, or in the very worst case scenario, doesn't seem to make the weapon any worse. I'd just like it to work properly on everything.

I suppose my main suggestion would just be expanding it to more weak weapons like Stug, because it would be hilarious IMO if incarnon stug ended up being a meta secondary. DE probably will continue to add more Incarnon Genesis weapons, but exactly which weapons get looked at are anyone's guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

If you can figure out the metric that DE are using, there’s undoubtedly plenty of ways to introduce alternative ways to play that don’t necessarily involve pushing optional power even  further; they’ve been doing it for years now

Uhh...Archon Shards? Yeah it's grindy and timegated but it directly upgrades your favourite frames with no downsides.

• Like 1

I was mostly just meaning it seems to go against that philosophy. So it's hard to really say what DE's priorities on it is now anymore.

I mean I'm not complaining, but it does seem like a pretty big step up, and "frees up mods slots" as others have said earlier in the thread.

I'd personally want improvements to the forma system to make the incarnon system better (at least for me), as it is now I actively avoid investing in most non primes/etc., and since I don't want to invest in a weapon unless it has a special variant I don't really want to go for it's incarnon either, especially since the last time I did this I started putting forma in a weapon just for them to release a prime variant just a couple months later. I love the incarnon system as it is, though I wont say no to improvements or additions, I'd just much rather see a system that transfers forma from a non prime/etc. to the prime/etc. to avoid a complete loss of investment so I can justify getting incarnon for any weapon, rather just the ones that have special variants. 

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

I was mostly just meaning it seems to go against that philosophy. So it's hard to really say what DE's priorities on it is now anymore.

I mean I'm not complaining, but it does seem like a pretty big step up, and "frees up mods slots" as others have said earlier in the thread.

Archon shards are direct upgrades, true. But on their own they only do so much. They slightly elevate every single build we can make from the modless baseline, but it’s still the builds themselves made of individual components arranged in specific ways and where they get taken in terms of level and mission type that determine the extent of how overpowered we are; a completely modless loadout just with Archon Shards, ripe for equipping whatever mods or Arcanes we could want, is going to struggle in content that’s expecting some kind of damage or survival components in a build

edit: 🤔 “Slightly” might be the wrong word; Archon Shards elevate every build we can make to varying degrees based on a variety of factors like build, loadout, content being done, and what shards are equipped

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly instead of more power creep how about getting the art team to make True Incarnon Transformation models for the Genesis guns. Especially if the transformation is going to override skins. At least make the model the more visually impressive Void Aesthetic. 

• Like 1

I wish the stupid "powercreep" argument would just die. Becoming stronger and mightier is a very good way to retain long-term motivation in any PVE game, also called progress. How are you keeping your players if there is no way to progress any more? How much fun would an RPG be, if there were no powerful items or levelups? None.

Powercreep is very important to keep a game relevant. In case I am wrong, please present me a PvE game which lasted for a longer time while having no powercreep in it at all? The game play would need to be absolute amazing a neverending fountin of fun to make this happen.

Even PVP games have "powercreep" only that you take care for it yourself by becoming better. Because this is progress, too.

Every progress is good for a game and needed, otherwise the game will die fast.