Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets, what do you hope for?

AreeSoothsayer

I've been thinking more about the changes and in the end all I can see change for me is how I mod the pet and the frames to make use of link mods or not. I was expecting to shift up my pet usage, but I see little point in grabbing anything but my Panzer even after the changes. Maybe that will change when they rework the abilities on the pets for next year.

But right now Panzer has the best uptime for companion damage on enemies to spawn extra orbs from synth mods, that damage also spreads whenever something is killed by anyone, the damage also heals my frame through modding and it adds free viral. Plus since it is a vulp, the pet will have a shorter self res window than others, and attacking while "downed". I might utilize Helios Prime since it also has great damage uptime thanks to Deconstructor Prime for synth mods, or maybe my Hound with the electrical, evasion and eximus precept.

It crossed my mind earlier to go back to using Adarza for the lovely crit buff, but the more I think of it the more I cant get past the fact that all those pets are melee only. And while I wouldnt mind using some other Sentinel or Moa, the damage spread for them is mostly just too poor due to the single target nature of them in comparison to Deconstructor that bounces. And Sentinels and Moas are overall too stupid to effectively spread their damage among a crowd of mobs. And the bonus with Deconstructor is that it can also utilize the health per status melee mod. However, none of these options will bring any health sustain to the frame.

On 2023-09-26 at 5:06 AM, Hexerin said:

"for Vacuum to be universal"

Will never happen, DE has a massive hard-on for never giving this to the community despite it being a universally requested feature since the beginning of the game

Is this request to make vacuum a passive on all sentinels and pets? There are times I don't want vacuum so I would be strongly opposed to this.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Is this request to make vacuum a passive on all sentinels and pets? There are times I don't want vacuum so I would be strongly opposed to this.

Unless you're a Titania main, there is literally never a situation where going without vacuum is a correct choice, so universal vacuum is a pure positive/win for literally everyone other than Titania mains... where it's completely neutral, because it also would have literally no effect on them, as for them they already have it (and have a mod to disable it, for those who prefer not having it).

It's also neutral for Charm abusers, because Charm is getting nerfed soon (which is most likely going to be the removal of that absurd resource gain).

Edited by Hexerin

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Well NW challenges to mark loot for (1). Then please reference the thread discussion on smeeta kavats and farming SPEs. Anyway...I feel it's a terrible idea. My $0.02

Marking loot wouldn't be too much of an issue already do that just fine with a pet to vacuum and sitting around waiting for charm shouldn't even be a thing, thankfully steel essence is on a timer, really makes me curious what changes they're planning for charm eventually.

On 2023-09-24 at 9:46 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Kubrow AI upgrade.

Base stat upgrades. They've survived in Hostile territory but are so weak on their own merit.

More mods available to all companions.

More Ephemera for our companions.

I would also add Mod Customization change similar to what we got with Warframes a long time ago if possible. Having all the abilities innate to the companion and not needing to put a mod for them to do their basic functions and skills. So bake them in, remove 2 spots, done.

The AI change would be good, but I would also add on Attack Animations. If you ever watch them, it's no wonder they deal no damage. Kubrows for example have this one attack where they hop backwards then leap and hit the spot directly in front where they were standing before they jumped back. By that time most enemies nonchalantly walked out of spot they were aiming at.

I'm having a hard time remembering things for ephemeras. They weren't originally supposed to have it but some got through and I think the plan is to let them use more. Like I said, brain farting atm, so take that with a grain of salt.

We do know that new mods are coming as well as changes to their base defensive stats. Attack ones we don't know yet. This is, however, Pet Rework Part 1. Part 2 is going to happen a few months later after they see how everyone attempts to break and exploit the new stuff.

Edited by PR1D3

9 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

I would also add Mod Customization change similar to what we got with Warframes a long time ago if possible. Having all the abilities innate to the companion and not needing to put a mod for them to do their basic functions and skills. So bake them in, remove 2 spots, done.

The AI change would be good, but I would also add on Attack Animations. If you ever watch them, it's no wonder they deal no damage. Kubrows for example have this one attack where they hop backwards then leap and hit the spot directly in front where they were standing before they jumped back. By that time most enemies nonchalantly walked out of spot they were aiming at.

I'm having a hard time remembering things for ephemeras. They weren't originally supposed to have it but some got through and I think the plan is to let them use more. Like I said, brain farting atm, so take that with a grain of salt.

We do know that new mods are coming as well as changes to their base defensive stats. Attack ones we don't know yet. This is, however, Pet Rework Part 1. Part 2 is going to happen a few months later after they see how everyone attempts to break and exploit the new stuff.

Yea, the mods modifications I have seen are less health and more armor/shields... with my builds being more focused on armor the increase in armor link will make them more tanky. Damage.... if my pups started acting more like actual attack dogs, just google police dog training, the kubrows could be torn apart by 'old school, primitive police dog or military training of the year 2000.

But kubrow combat AI is really old so I am hoping for some AI learning in 4 legged combat tech, and damage mods takint crit % and # into account for damage. Let alone execution techniques that only account for Base damage.

Seriously I have pups with 150% critch chance and 10.6x crit multipliers. I remove damage skills because they are so weak compared to normal, if slow, bite attacks.

I'm not too fussy on this topic really, so what they are planning on doing, looks pretty great to me. Having more new mods to collect? Fun, and some of them look quite interesting too, so thats a positive. That they won't perma death is really nice, and that we will have ways to affect how fast they come back, via gameplay? I like that... Am still a little hesitant on the changes to some things, and I can understand that eventually they want to do something about Charm... I don't know... I would rather they do something like make it so more companions can take advantage of it. I get a pretty pleasant chemical high thats quite unique when Charm proccs let me nab like... 32 Steel Essence or 8 Crisma Toroids or 6 Riven Slivers, all at once. It can be a dragon to chase. Though if Charm getting nerfed, means more regular Double Resource Weekends...

Oh, actually something else, we have the Duviri Kubrow skin, but the Kavat equivalent would be nice too. Plus skins/attachments for the Deimos pets would be welcome.  

Am excited to bring out my super bulky Sahasa either way, 

On 2023-10-10 at 4:38 AM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

A similar example could be a Support Companion mod

When any Companion in the squad Hits or Kills an enemy reduce downed Companions revive timer by X to either your or everyones companions, This could also have Synergy with the new Clone bond to work for Solo 

Allowing active Companions to basically pickup other Companions

Considering a lack of squad and team supporting Companions that aren't just pushing and pulling aoe

Indeed, that is a synergy that could be looked at, though numbers would need to be tinkered with should it be implemented. I've not really played with the new update.

Don't worry about SneakyErwin - they are the type of person to say a stove top isn't hot, be shown it is, then place their hand on it, insisting it isn't hot all the while their hand cooks. I've had multiple discussions with them in which it is shown their notions are wrong, only for them to try and divert the subject, pretend they said something different, or outright refuse to believe evidence 🤣

• Like 1

On 2023-10-14 at 11:52 PM, SneakyErvin said:

It's a bit more nuanced than that.

And any idea that makes squads even easier on TTL for anything shouldnt make it live, since squads already improve TTL for everything way too much without having any enemy scaling to justify it. Now if grouping resulted in higher difficulty I'd totally see group syncing mods, but as it is now, where solo and group is technically exactly the same there is no need to give groups even more. Isnt it enough of a benefit to have up to 6 additional targets for the enemy to shoot at that isnt you or your companion?

12 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Indeed, that is a synergy that could be looked at, though numbers would need to be tinkered with should it be implemented. I've not really played with the new update.

Don't worry about SneakyErwin - they are the type of person to say a stove top isn't hot, be shown it is, then place their hand on it, insisting it isn't hot all the while their hand cooks. I've had multiple discussions with them in which it is shown their notions are wrong, only for them to try and divert the subject, pretend they said something different, or outright refuse to believe evidence 🤣

i had an entire arguement and mod was supposed to an aura mod thing then it got cut in half and lost its meaning

Except the crumpled paper part and something

If Duplex bond is the basis then it probably should be 1-2 Seconds off per kill Since 0~3 plus 3~12 more

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

i had an entire arguement and mod was supposed to an aura mod thing then it got cut in half and lost its meaning

Except the crumpled paper part and something

If Duplex bond is the basis then it probably should be 1-2 Seconds off per kill Since 0~3 plus 3~12 more

But why though? The respawn time is already so low that it would be pointless, since it would be mod versus mod that ends up doing the same. Plus there are already universal options in the new bond mods if you need more than cutting the baseline time with permanent res timer reduction mods. My vulp for instance sits at 15 sec natural res along with each health/universal orb picked up reducing it with a further 2 sec. Sents sit at 30 sec and also have the same reduction from orbs.

Also not quite sure what duplex bond has to do with a group based res mod idea. Or how spending energy translates into simple killing. Do you perhaps mean one of the other mods that require head shot kills for instance or similar?

Support Companions

How many Companions intentionally Support other Companions? It would still be Zero even if suggestion was added

Current complaints are "i don't have mod space for all these new mods",   - Aura mod -

I've thought it through whether consciously or not,  but the end result speaks for itself when you see the hurdles

Alright that suffices for the half cut argument

Example: B) Slathers itself and the player or (if already affect) other players in Void Wax applying 200-500 Armor and heals 400 Health for 4 seconds, maybe 400 Overguard aswell for safety

now if it did the same effect with Companions which presumably it would try to do for ground atleast

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89