Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets, what do you hope for?

AreeSoothsayer

1 hour ago, Silligoose said:

I'm hoping for Vaccuum to become universal.

Will never happen, DE has a massive hard-on for never giving this to the community despite it being a universally requested feature since the beginning of the game.

I'm hoping the revive mechanic hinges on squad performance as opposed to individual performance (eg a kill from the squad reduces revive time by x seconds as opposed to individual kills, as this type of mechanic sets a cooperative tone within the squad).

Considering 9 in 10 players are basically AFK throughout missions, that would be horrid. Also, it would just feel terrible in general to have my companion be completely at the mercy of others. Absolutely horrible idea.

I'm hoping even in death at least passive buffs and debuffs from pets (eg Vaccuum) remains active.

Vacuum already remains active while immortal companions are "dead". Well, at least for Vulpaphyla anyways. I doubt Djinn is different though. Also, Synth Fiber stays active. Radars (enemy and loot) disable, though. It's honestly really inconsistent what disables when they die.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Will never happen, DE has a massive hard-on for never giving this to the community despite it being a universally requested feature since the beginning of the game.

I'm an optimist.

13 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Considering 9 in 10 players are basically AFK throughout missions, that would be horrid. Also, it would just feel terrible in general to have my companion be completely at the mercy of others. Absolutely horrible idea.

Read what I stated again - the companion wouldn't be completely at the mercy of others.

14 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Vacuum already remains active while immortal companions are "dead". Well, at least for Vulpaphyla anyways. I doubt Djinn is different though. Also, Synth Fiber stays active. Radars (enemy and loot) disable, though. It's honestly really inconsistent what disables when they die.

As stated, I hope at least passive buffs and debuffs remain active.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Read what I stated again - the companion wouldn't be completely at the mercy of others.

I read what you said. You clearly stated that you hope the revive mechanic is based on squad performance, not individual performance. Which would feel terrible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

But playing solo would be penalized and get less out of the system than a group? I mean, a group already brings passive benefits to allow thing to have an easier time staying alive, since far more targets are introduced for the enemy to shoot at instead of just 2. And since the game has no scaling in enemy challenge levels tied to grouping (aside from density which is already pre-scaled in SP) what would be the reason to make pet maintenence even more beneficial when in a group compared to solo?

If the challenge scaled with group size I'd totally get the idea. But the challenge just goes down when you group. It isnt like say D3 where grouping increases enemy difficulty while also increasing loot potential when grouped.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I read what you said. You clearly stated that you hope the revive mechanic is based on squad performance, not individual performance. Which would feel terrible.

How exactly would a player's companion (revive mechanic) be completely at the mercy of others if said player is part of the squad and said player's performance then affects the companion?

I even gave an example:

2 hours ago, Silligoose said:

eg a kill from the squad reduces revive time by x seconds as opposed to individual kills, as this type of mechanic sets a cooperative tone within the squad

In other words, if a player's companion dies, there is a countdown timer which, when reaching 0, allows for the companion to revive. Kills reduce the countdown timer by x seconds for faster revives. Instead of only the kills by the owner reducing the timer, I would want kills by the owner AND other squad members (ie the squad as a whole, which includes the owner) to contribute to the reduction of the countdown timer. 

It seems you did not account for the owner being part of the squad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

It seems you did not account for the owner being part of the squad.

I did, because common sense (which as we well know, is not common anymore) would tell you that that would result in the total timer and/or total kills would be substantially higher than if it was an individual system (aka only the companion's owner contributes to the revive of their own companion). The reason for this, is because you have no choice but to increase the timer/kills when there's more participants/contributors.

So yes, it would 100% be in other player's hands. Because again, 9 out of 10 players in this game pretty much just AFK through missions. In other words, 9 out of 10 players aren't contributing to your companion's revival, which means you're having to carry their contribution on top of your own, because some random on the forums named Silligoose didn't really think things through before making a suggestion for a system that is proven horrid across multiplayer gaming history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I did, because common sense (which as we well know, is not common anymore) would tell you that that would result in the total timer and/or total kills would be substantially higher than if it was an individual system (aka only the companion's owner contributes to the revive of their own companion). The reason for this, is because you have no choice but to increase the timer/kills when there's more participants/contributors.

So yes, it would 100% be in other player's hands. Because again, 9 out of 10 players in this game pretty much just AFK through missions. In other words, 9 out of 10 players aren't contributing to your companion's revival, which means you're having to carry their contribution on top of your own, because some random on the forums named Silligoose didn't really think things through before making a suggestion for a system that is proven horrid across multiplayer gaming history.

What is your attitude about man honestly? You feeling ok? Every topic you spawn in you are a total emotional wreck with people for little reason bless you.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

What is your attitude about man honestly? You feeling ok? Every topic you spawn in you are a total emotional wreck with people for little reason bless you.

Typical, don't worry about it too much.

Anyway on topic,  devstream is coming soon so we'll see what exactly they're gonna do. Honestly just the revive mechanic is already enough anything else is a bonus for me.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

There is little hope in trying to reason with Silligoose. He seems to stop at the theory/idea at the paper stage and never actually considers the practical implementation of a system and how it would actually end up in the game. Not exactly the first time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But playing solo would be penalized and get less out of the system than a group? I mean, a group already brings passive benefits to allow thing to have an easier time staying alive, since far more targets are introduced for the enemy to shoot at instead of just 2. And since the game has no scaling in enemy challenge levels tied to grouping (aside from density which is already pre-scaled in SP) what would be the reason to make pet maintenence even more beneficial when in a group compared to solo?

If the challenge scaled with group size I'd totally get the idea. But the challenge just goes down when you group. It isnt like say D3 where grouping increases enemy difficulty while also increasing loot potential when grouped.

Playing in a group would generally be more beneficial in comparison to playing solo. The idea behind my stated hope, is that the mechanic promotes cooperative play instead of competitive play, as competitive play within cooperative games tend to lead to people getting frustrated because a teammate is getting the "last hits" on enemies. 

You bring up a good point in that it may be worth considering that the decrease in time from each kill be adjusted for solo play under certain conditions.

20 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You assume too much, as there is a choice in whether timer/kills is affected and to what extent.

You aren't using the concept of 100% dependency correctly.

Expand on how this suggestion has been proven horrid across multiplayer gaming history. I am open to new information.

Edited by Silligoose
  • Like 1

Playing in a group would generally be more beneficial in comparison to playing solo. The idea behind my stated hope, is that the mechanic promotes cooperative play instead of competitive play, as competitive play within cooperative games tend to lead to people getting frustrated because a teammate is getting the "last hits" on enemies. 

You bring up a good point in that it may be worth considering that the decrease in time from each kill be adjusted for solo play under certain conditions.

I see nothing that would change the "competative" play by having group members reduce the time for resurrecting pets. I see the opposite since even less care for other players and their actions would be needed, since well it wouldnt matter who gets the kill, the pet would revive as fast no matter what. This would just be another "Nidus" bandaid for a kill mechanic.

I'll just wait until I see what plans they have, since I dont suspect we'll get a system that is as simple as just getting kills unless connected to specific kills like the parazon mod currently works.

On 2023-09-24 at 11:15 PM, quxier said:

I wish that one day I could randomly pick companion and it will be useful. First it need to survive. Secondly it needs to do SOMETHING. As for now my needs are: enemy/loot radar, vacuum, destroying crates and ammo conversion. Do this and fix companion and we can talk.

This. 

I dont feel like every companion has to be equal and or top tier. But i want there to at least be a level of "okay. I can see why you would pick that thing." 

That being said heres a list of show stoppers for me that will make me not use a pet ever right now.

>not being a smeeta.

>not being a panzer.

>not being djinn. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

This. 

I dont feel like every companion has to be equal and or top tier. But i want there to at least be a level of "okay. I can see why you would pick that thing." 

That being said heres a list of show stoppers for me that will make me not use a pet ever right now.

>not being a smeeta.

>not being a panzer.

>not being djinn. 

For me it's Carrier: crater destroyer (looter), vacuum, hp (on wall run), ammo conversion and probably some other. That makes me use Carrier 99.9% of time because I don't bother changing for other few "fun" one.

I hope pets will teleport to follow the player more consistently regardless of their state. Tilesets like Kuva Fortress or Jupiter put my Kubrow/Kavat/MOA into bleedout so far away that I couldn't be bothered to go back for them even with Vazarin Mending Soul (instant revives). Meanwhile Wukong Celestial Twin and On Call Crew follow me effortlessly and Panzer Vulpaphyla at least respawns nearby.

• Like 3

I would like the Mecha set to get some QOL so that the icon indicating the the pet mark follows their energy color, or at least is made more visible.

I would also like it if allies killing the marked target didn't steal the armor buff from me. 

This set has the potential to be really nice for survivability in a world where the good boys stay alive and mob density in Steel Path is ridiculous enough to rack up +1000% armor pretty easily. Just needs some tweakin.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-09-26 at 9:20 PM, SneakyErvin said:

There is little hope in trying to reason with Silligoose. He seems to stop at the theory/idea at the paper stage and never actually considers the practical implementation of a system and how it would actually end up in the game. Not exactly the first time.

Maybe if you didn't discredit someone just because you don't like their ideas almost like crumpling a piece of paper hoping no one will see it

On 2023-09-26 at 8:58 PM, Silligoose said:
On 2023-09-26 at 6:49 PM, Silligoose said:

eg a kill from the squad reduces revive time by x seconds as opposed to individual kills, as this type of mechanic sets a cooperative tone within the squad

In other words, if a player's companion dies, there is a countdown timer which, when reaching 0, allows for the companion to revive. Kills reduce the countdown timer by x seconds for faster revives. Instead of only the kills by the owner reducing the timer, I would want kills by the owner AND other squad members (ie the squad as a whole, which includes the owner) to contribute to the reduction of the countdown timer. 

A similar example could be a Support Companion mod

When any Companion in the squad Hits or Kills an enemy reduce downed Companions revive timer by X to either your or everyones companions, This could also have Synergy with the new Clone bond to work for Solo 

Allowing active Companions to basically pickup other Companions

Considering a lack of squad and team supporting Companions that aren't just pushing and pulling aoe

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89
  • Like 1

On 2023-10-10 at 4:38 AM, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Maybe if you didn't discredit someone just because you don't like their ideas almost like crumpling a piece of paper hoping no one will see it

It's a bit more nuanced than that.

And any idea that makes squads even easier on TTL for anything shouldnt make it live, since squads already improve TTL for everything way too much without having any enemy scaling to justify it. Now if grouping resulted in higher difficulty I'd totally see group syncing mods, but as it is now, where solo and group is technically exactly the same there is no need to give groups even more. Isnt it enough of a benefit to have up to 6 additional targets for the enemy to shoot at that isnt you or your companion?

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It's a bit more nuanced than that.

And any idea that makes squads even easier on TTL for anything shouldnt make it live, since squads already improve TTL for everything way too much without having any enemy scaling to justify it. Now if grouping resulted in higher difficulty I'd totally see group syncing mods, but as it is now, where solo and group is technically exactly the same there is no need to give groups even more. Isnt it enough of a benefit to have up to 6 additional targets for the enemy to shoot at that isnt you or your companion?

i had an entire arguement and mod was supposed to an aura mod thing then it got cut in half and lost its meaning

Except the crumpled paper part and something

It would be cool if sentinels would just fire at the same time as you, at the same thing you were aiming at, so as to enhance your damage. I'd also like to see a behaviour mode toggle for pets and sentinels (passive, aggressive, defensive) - this means that if you want your pet or sentinel not to fight then you can do it without needing to unequip their weapons or attack precepts (in the past I removed guns from my sentinels to make sure they wouldn't attract aggro, and stay alive longer).

I agree with people saying that the animals are too slow. When I made a Kubrow I was expecting it to be a lot more intense, but it was very gentle and not impressive in a fight, I thought they would be able to charge groups of people over. The Kavats are just more interesting in general IMO.

- Stronger Dogs
- Faster Cats
- Behaviour Toggle (passive, defensive, aggressive)
- Sentinels shoot where you shoot (behaviour toggle would make this easier)

• Like 1

three things, and three things only. not that there aren't other things that could be made better, but these are the 3 things that will actually affect me personally.

• ground based Companions doing a better job of following me. occasionally they may opt to continue attacking something rather than following their master. no, stop attacking that, it's time to move and go somewhere else.
  • Sahasa Kubrow to not be required to be out of Combat to use the Dig Ability. (out of Combat can technically be used in Combat if you Kill all Enemies within ~40-45 Meters, as then it will think it is out of Combat - but it should just be able to use this in Combat)
  • Kubrows and Kavats to not get stunlocked by Fire Status anymore. maybe this also affects MOA's currently but i don't remember. anyways Companions shouldn't get stunlocked by Enemies which can apply Fire Status.
    currently a Level1 Enemy that can apply Fire Status can Kill your ground based Companion irregardless of how much EHP it has. because it gets permanently stunlocked.

oh, i guess Kubrows and Kavats having improved Combat capability would be good. i don't actually expect mine to be useful in Combat as far as directly attacking things goes (just by Abilities) - but it would be nice if they were without having to spend wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many Mod Slots to Equip Damage Mods. by the time you get them actually useful via Damage Mods you've basically removed all of its Abilities and EHP and Utility, and that tradeoff definitely isn't nor will be worth it.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1