Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets, what do you hope for?

AreeSoothsayer

Pets will now revive on their own, that was a solid statement.

What else do you hope will be added?

Mine.

Kubrow AI upgrade.

Damage abilities taking Crit % and Crit multiplier into account. After all they don't have ability Power Str to boost them like warframes do.

Base stat upgrades. They've survived in Hostile territory but are so weak on their own merit.

More mods available to all companions.

Extra mod slots for 1 slot page companions.

Decoration item for Orbiter/Clan that you can choose companion's appearance that can roam and wander. I want an Orbiter full of fuzzies!

More Ephemera for our companions.

A pet that can actually do damage. I have Link Lifesteal on most of my pets. I never receieve health back even when I'm melee spamming. The problem isn't the pets don't attack. It's because they only target the enemy I'm hitting. Pet attack animation is slow, the enemy will die while the pet is still winding up attack animation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Combo mods that waste one space instead of two

The rest is about expected

On top of that i would expect Companions be more accessible or more capable of being given Buffs that certain mods, passives or abilities that currently don't work or aren't being allowed to work

Example. Caliban's passive, Revenant's Mesmer skin Augment, and similar

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Mine.

Kubrow AI upgrade.

Damage abilities taking Crit % and Crit multiplier into account. After all they don't have ability Power Str to boost them like warframes do.

Base stat upgrades. They've survived in Hostile territory but are so weak on their own merit.

Decoration item for Orbiter/Clan that you can choose companion's appearance that can roam and wander. I want an Orbiter full of fuzzies!

I wish that one day I could randomly pick companion and it will be useful. First it need to survive. Secondly it needs to do SOMETHING. As for now my needs are: enemy/loot radar, vacuum, destroying crates and ammo conversion. Do this and fix companion and we can talk.

• Like 2

Base kit I-frame (3-4 secs) when they get up. Pet AI needs time to think.

Mod for converting % damage to Overguard or Overshield from the I-frame phase.

Uniform change: damage reduction effects apply from Warframe abilities (Preserving Shell, Desolate Hands, etc).

Base kit Transference Link: When Warframe is invulnerable, pet is too. When Warframe ability active, 90% DR applies to pet too.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Elaborate?

where you can build a moa/hound and get different mods based on what parts you used to make them. you can then use the mods on all hounds/moas no matter what parts they have. (as long as you follow the rules, i.e: 1 audit, 1 denial, 1 prospectus for hounds).

(moas get 2 mods per head and can use any of the 2 mods from each different head on any moa, but are limited to 2 mods).

this could stop the Smeeta meta, but it could also ruin everything aswell. so idk if that would be a good or a bad thing. (as someone who basically only uses Smeeta in all content, because its far too valuable due to the mod it gets).

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

where you can build a moa/hound and get different mods based on what parts you used to make them. you can then use the mods on all hounds/moas no matter what parts they have. (as long as you follow the rules, i.e: 1 audit, 1 denial, 1 prospectus for hounds).

(moas get 2 mods per head and can use any of the 2 mods from each different head on any moa, but are limited to 2 mods).

this could stop the Smeeta meta, but it could also ruin everything aswell. so idk if that would be a good or a bad thing. (as someone who basically only uses Smeeta in all content, because its far too valuable due to the mod it gets).

That doesn't sound like it helps it just shifts the problem, if you can use charm on every companion now instead of you always using smeeta you'll always be using a mod slot for charm.

Heck could even just always use the companion with the best stats if they all lose their unique mods.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

It wouldn't change the meta (since the meta isn't Smeeta, it's Charm), you'd just see more variety in companions. They'd all have Charm equipped, though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

Probably if that happens , charm will get a nerf

35 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It wouldn't change the meta (since the meta isn't Smeeta, it's Charm), you'd just see more variety in companions. They'd all have Charm equipped, though.

Charm is great, but smeetas without the mod can add to any loot generating buff.

so in that regard the cat itself is very good at what it does.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

9 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Charm is great, but smeetas without the mod can add to any loot generating buff.

so in that regard the cat itself is very good at what it does.

The increased loot is one of the buffs from Charm. Smeeta doesn't have any innate abilities. Like any other companion, their abilities are determined by precept mods.

• Like 2

Unification for certain mods, like Hunter Recovery and Pack Leader being available to all pets, so I can use a Moa, Hound or Sentinel to sustain me as I sustain them etc. and not just rely on living companions for it.

Link mods consolidated with the basic health, armor and shield mods, so those mods grant pets the survivability that beasts currently have when combined with a high HP/armor frame. So I can play a squishy frame or someone like Revenant without it resulting in my pet being made of wet sheet of paper. So I can actually build those frames to their strengths instead of giving them generic builds just to also buff my pets.

edit: And to be honest, out of all the things shown at Tennocon, the pet rebalance/rework and Hydroid are the most interesting things.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

That the "don't constantly Perma die" isn't tied to some obnoxious mechanic.. and that it includes sentinels as well. I prefer sentinels over pets but they won't stop dying so I can't use them. 

What? You don't like rare circumstances like being able to get 3 Parazon kills within 40 seconds?

• Like 1

The pet "rework" will most likely be blanket buffs and changes across the board with nothing really substantial other than making sure they don't die as easily to keep providing their utility. So just like steel path, blanket changes across the board.

Personally I would like to see the kubrow pack mentality changes that Sheldon talked about like four years ago and for our fleshy friends to get moddable claw weapons so we can actually mod properly. 

• Like 3

On 2023-09-25 at 4:46 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Mine.

Kubrow AI upgrade.

I'm hoping for Vaccuum to become universal.

I'm hoping the revive mechanic hinges on squad performance as opposed to individual performance (eg a kill from the squad reduces revive time by x seconds as opposed to individual kills, as this type of mechanic sets a cooperative tone within the squad).

I'm hoping even in death at least passive buffs and debuffs from pets (eg Vaccuum) remains active.