Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop: Companion Improvements and Tweaks

[DE]Momaw

6 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Fwiw kyaii is a content creator on yt, and they posted a shot supposedly from the private creator's part of the warframe discord that has clarification from @[DE]Zach that the gate is based on the highest level of shields you were able to attain since the last shield break.

Which yes doesn't seem to be the language in the workshop post. 

Mind sharing that screenshot?

Theres only 1 thing that makes Smeeta kavat always the best option, and its the resource booster. Getting a chance for double, and then double double, or even a chance of double-double-double resources on things that take HOURS to get like 250 Steel Essence is honestly heaven sent. No companion can offer you so much efficency and it leads to smeeta getting used like mad

So if the Smeeta must be nerfed, resource booster would have to be to be the thing to go. No one needs affinity all the time, rare 200% cc, or rare double energy and health pickups, so i think theres 0 problem keeping those. The affinity can just be the little guy's unique strong suit 

Void Lanterns replacing Smeeta Resource Buff

Look warframe can get boring sometimes, but i swear theres nothing more satisfying than those random procs of resource buffs. I dont know if its just me but i get extremely excited to see the kavat do that and i dont think anything causing excitement should be completely removed from a game as its creates entertainment and entertainment is kind of the whole reason games exist, and with so many players using the kavat, its clear that its causing added enjoyment in the game!

So i want to introduce Void Lanterns. Aquired from void missions as uncommon reward drops, purchased from Baro for 250 Void tracers (1 per customer), or found as a rare reward from lockers; these lanterns have a rare chance to cause players to aquire double the pickups and comsuming themself on activation, but they come with challenge similar to dragon keys while being carried in your gear wheel. From things like Less damage ouput or More damage taken with less shield gate duration, to newer things like a Small chance for evil void specters to periodically spawn in and attack only you.

Theres also a Rare Void Lantern from lockers and void missions that is far more dangerous to carry with the capability of summoning void like bosses that behave similar to a kuva lich, growing stronger each time you defeat it but do not recieve its rewards (20% chance to get your rewards doubled when you defeat it, chance of rewards scales up by 10% per encounter). Unlike the other voild lanterns that just offer a resource pickup buff with multipke that can be carried, this lantern will double your resources recieved throughout the entire mission (just once) and you can only carry 1 of its type.

The boss summoned will deal direct health damage, abilities will not save you from fatal hit, not even passives. Stay on the move, hiding is not an option as the beast creates a cage you cant escape from and will explode after 2 minutes, killing all players in range. Allies are the only ones who can exit the range if they have not attacked the beast for 10 seconds. Energy does not regen in the cage

Going into bleedout, jumping off a cliff, or typing "/unstuck" despawns the entity.

How is this Fun? It Rewards Endurance Challenge

See not only are these buffs giving you challenge, but they also encourage you to play an endurance mode longer which is a challenge added on top. With the Rare Void Lantern, You constantly have to question yourself if you want to go further when you have recieved a buff because you may miss out on more rewards. It can make things a lot more scary. 

I used to do this with smeeta before the steel essence nerf, and the feeling of doing another 5 defense waves when your defense objective is almost getting 1 shot, or you yourself, is a pure adrenaline rush And is so fun. Please consider! 

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim

So while writing something unrelated up, I realized some things are missing from the workshop:

Neither of these are mentioned as getting the new shield delay stat like other shield recharge options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

This was what Kyaii posted in their community section and claims is from the creator's section of the discord.

kyaii.jpg

Take it with lots of sodium.

Assuming the statement is accurate, I'm still left wondering if "max shields" takes overshields into account. It's technically the same pool but there are very slight mechanical differences.

2 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Assuming the statement is accurate, I'm still left wondering if "max shields" takes overshields into account. It's technically the same pool but there are very slight mechanical differences.

I'm about 99.4% positive that overshields will not be counted in the new gate calculations. It would be too easily abused by multiple frames, and there's no way DE isn't aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I'm about 99.4% positive that overshields will not be counted in the new gate calculations. It would be too easily abused by multiple frames, and there's no way DE isn't aware of that.

Never underestimate someone's ability to let you down.

• Like 1

See... I'm a Djinn main. Everyone gets to play their companions just like me now, and that's actually awesome, lol. Except, Djinn is still better than the rest of the sentinels for solo runs, which is what I primarily do, since he revives faster than any of the others, and can get my dumb butt back up if I get caught in whatever group bullet shower appears.

Advice? Learn what the mod Sacrifice does, lol. Because your sentient just gave you a revive, and will see you again in a minute, lol.

• Like 2

So, as the day comes near to the Abyss of Dagoth, a few questions come in mind (then again, a "few" might be an understatement):

- You stated that pets that are incapacitated and that said pets have a base revive time of 60 seconds. Will this affect the Vupla's ability to self-revive and if so, does that mean it too could be affected by the incapacitated mods? 

I ask this, since if they are, that means that people could abuse Medi-Pet Kit and reduce the revive speed of the Vulpa to fractions of seconds

- Because of this new Companions Update, do you think it would be nice if Oberon (the OG healer) got some new Synergy with the pet update? His passive is 25% more effect of the pet mods, as well as a free revive, though, it would be nice/interesting if he got bonuses from the pets of his choice.

For context, I main Oberon, I DO NOT TRUELY THINK HE NEEDS THIS, I am happy with the boy as is. Despite bring up potential touch-ups/tweaks in the past, I just bring this up since he has somewhat of a relation to this update as anyone. As for the bonuses, maybe that he shares he gains a portion of the health's pet by a slightly lower degree. I would say 15%, since the pets are already getting a large amount by just having 25% boosted. It's C'set la Via (as life is) to me and I am throwing food for thought.

- (Do not take this seriously, just curious) Why does the Smeeta Kavat get a higher health pool that the Vasca?

I understand the use and popularity of the Smeeta, it's clear, however, for a pet that can lose hp from reviving you and it's entire idea is to be a vampire kitty, I would think he would have more health. Nothing wrong with the health it has, 310 from 80 is quite a jump, and a lose of 80 hp is .....ehh.

- (More serious question) How exactly will this affect Companion Rivens?

Most people forgot about those Rivens, I didn't, I bring this up because you want to bring the Companions into the spotlight, give them more utility and use to the team. My question to be more specific is, if you are going to do this and expand upon it in the future, what will be done to the weapon and again how will this affect the rivens for companion specific weapons? This last question is most likely not going to be answer, but it's one that I ponder the most upon.

With that, I end my questions, personally I am STOAKED more about the Companion Update (and Grendel) than the new frame herself. I thank you for your time and for your dedication for reading this in it's entirety if you have gotten this far. GOLD STAR! Have a good day and have a good update!

I'm so excited about the upcoming changes! Finally no more Vulpaphyla dependancy.., I have so much been waiting for the companion rework - freedom for any player to use any pet or sentinel they liked the most for any mission! 

Can't wait to test all the changes! Thank you, DE!

BUT there's still one question left unanswered: will the kubrow and kavat fur textures be finally fixed this time? 🥺

It will be a shame if they won't!

• Like 1