Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fused Tribute - An augment for Titania's Tribute

Hexerin

Mod description: "Tribute Augment: Adds a fifth Tribute that gives the effects of all four. Costs 300% more Energy."

Exilus slot compatible, of course.

That's all that's needed. Fixes the core issue Tribute has (tedious design, having to cycle and obtain four separate buffs every 120 seconds). Also mitigates the "offering flies off into the skybox" bug, since you'd only need one offering to get all four buffs (you'll still have to deal with the bug sometimes, but it's 75% less problematic overall). Lastly, since this just adds a fifth Tribute, players would still have access to the individual four Tributes for times where they don't want/need all four.

As of writing this post I use Power Drift in the exilus slot, personally. I'd drop that out in a heartbeat, if this augment were to be made a reality. That's how much of a quality of life improvement it would be. Obviously it'd be better if the ability were just mini-reworked to remove the cycling mechanic and just give all four buffs directly (no need to pickup the offering, which would also fix that bug), but that would be less likely to happen and so thus this augment.

• Like 4

Wile all the idea is useful, i rather have an Augment that increase the buffs duration (50~100%) and allow all the active buffs to be refreshed when any new one is collected, this way it would take longer before you had to worry about refreshing the buffs, would take less time and energy to keep them running.

• Like 1

Gotta disagree with both options.

For one I'd make it so Titania's Tribute gets the same treatment as Grendel's Nourish and grants all buffs with a single cast without requiring an augment to do so.
It's called Tribute after all, not Tributes.
Second, Tribute's duration is an amazing and immutable 2 minutes, 50%-100% more is unnecessary with how long they last.

If duration is a problem due to the energy economy for you guys, which sounds odd to me with a 25 energy cost ability, I'd make an augment that gives +1s per kill / assist by allies affected by a Tribute, so if they have all 3 ally-affecting buffs, each assist is +3 seconds.
Or, you know, just do what they did to Grendel so it is 1 cast every two minutes and then we can get some cooler augments like the one I just mentioned with something extra to it like 1% more Tribute buff strength per kill / assist up to 50% that then decays per second.

Call it, Lasting Tribute, Persistent Tribute or Reinforced Tribute, something like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

For one I'd make it so Titania's Tribute gets the same treatment as Grendel's Nourish and grants all buffs with a single cast without requiring an augment to do so.

I wouldnt mind that either, its just she has no Augment for it yet and i doubt DE would give her the Grendel treatment.

Second, Tribute's duration is an amazing and immutable 2 minutes, 50%-100% more is unnecessary with how long they last.

Yes but you have to keep renewing the duration of each buff individually which means re-casting each and spending more 200 energy.

If duration is a problem due to the energy economy for you guys, which sounds odd to me with a 25 energy cost ability, I'd make an augment that gives +1s per kill / assist by allies affected by a Tribute, so if they have all 3 ally-affecting buffs, each assist is +3 seconds.

Its 50 Energy per cast, i personally dont have energy issues when playing her and rarely with any frame, i just wish i had to dedicate less time keeping track of the buffs durations and not having do individually renew each.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Gotta disagree with both options.

It's called Tribute after all, not Tributes.

Or, you know, just do what they did to Grendel so it is 1 cast every two minutes and then we can get some cooler augments like the one I just mentioned with something extra to it like 1% more Tribute buff strength per kill / assist up to 50% that then decays per second.

Call it, Lasting Tribute, Persistent Tribute or Reinforced Tribute, something like that.

I literally said as such that that would be better in my post.

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Obviously it'd be better if the ability were just mini-reworked to remove the cycling mechanic and just give all four buffs directly (no need to pickup the offering, which would also fix that bug), but that would be less likely to happen and so thus this augment.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Good to see we are all on the same page then. Still disagree with needing an augment to do so or what Bianca proposed too when that tweak we all agree would be better.

The issue, however, is that DE is significantly less likely to change the base function of the ability. This is shown by the precedent of the dozens of "band-aid" augments. So it's more logical to take that into consideration, and instead suggest getting as close to the desired effect via an augment (using existing augments as your guide for what DE is more likely to be willing to do). Just the unfortunate reality.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I just have having to Cycle Through the different Tribute options

plus with their names, I can never remember which one does what?

I'd be happy with either an all-in-one, or with having it auto-cycle for each cast....

Automatic cycling after each cast would still be tedious because you'd still have four casts (and four chances for the bug to happen), although it would be a slight QoL improvement in most situations, I suppose.

• Like 1

With the way Grendel got a rework to Nourish so that it does all of the things it did before without the cycling... I'm all for just straight making Titania's Tribute do it all with just one pick-up. If Grendel can get four things with his 1 press that only requires a single enemy to be consumed, then Titania can get four things with 1 press that only requires line-of-sight on a single enemy and pick-up.

Refresh the duration with further pick-ups, and maybe have the actual cast do something more than just a stagger/knock-down. I would also appreciate some of the buffs themselves being able to be affected by Strength, like the DR from Thorns and the dodge-chance from Dust, especially the Full Moon buff since companions are now amazing.

Then we get an augment for it that changes up the power balance, maybe removes one of the buffs to greatly increase the power of the others.

• Like 1

Oh I said something for tribute in another post so I'll just copy paste.

14 minutes ago, otakuotaku said:

I'm speaking a bit out of place as it's been a while with her, but I kinda wish they just did away with titania's cycle system and made it a single button press. Instead you get a vastly weaker version of all the buffs at once but build up a meter that strengthens all the effects per tribute grabbed, up to where they are now. I also had the annoyance of razorflies but would rather during razorwing, all 10 razorflies are coded to be respawnable by collecting tributes gaining 1 razorfly per tribute scaling up to 5 per tribute at max meter. Also wish her archmelee was improved.

As I never liked or needed it, I never use titania's 3. As such have no thoughts for or against it being changed. 

On 2023-10-12 at 3:24 PM, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Second, Tribute's duration is an amazing and immutable 2 minutes

It is, but the youtubers keep slapping max rank Fleeting Expertise* on her and people tend to copy that.

PS: Archmelee is bonkers with recently introduced automelee.

*) only case where both stats of FE are great is Baruuk's short sleep build.

Edited by Zakkhar

15 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It is, but the youtubers keep slapping max rank Fleeting Expertise* on her and people tend to copy that.

PS: Archmelee is bonkers with recently introduced automelee.

*) only case where both stats of FE are great is Baruuk's short sleep build.

If you aren't utilizing the CC/utility of Spellbind and Lantern (aka building her for damage), there's a handful of ways you can build her that don't care about duration. In other words, Fleeting Expertise becomes a free +60% efficiency, which when combined with Streamline, gives you the 25% of cost minimum on your energy costs (including the persistent drain on Razorwing). That being said, if you take Transient Fortitude, you'll need to slot a single tauforged duration shard though.

Edited by Hexerin

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

there's a handful of ways you can build her that don't care about duration

I find big difference between "dont care about duration" and "negative duration being beneficial & synergising with the setup", dont you?

Edited by Zakkhar

5 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

3x_4.gif

The point of that comment was that going to negative duration isn't actually recommended on Titania, even though her main buffs from Tribute are un-affected by Duration. Because extended Status Immunity and non-aggression CC can be very, very useful, and because positive Duration makes Efficiency better for her 4 too.

But what I think Zakkhar is missing is that the negative Duration from Fleeting can be, and often is, off-set by the other mods on the build. When you use Spellbind as a Status Cleanse (and trigger for her passive) and don't care about Lantern (Helminth on something that's a more instant-cast function, for example) then Duration really doesn't even matter on Titania.

So I get your confusion, but there is actually substance to Zak's comment. Zak isn't wholly right, just... not exactly wrong.

They should just be fused anyway. Titania has 5 buffs to maintain (before augments) witht 4 of them being a time intense multi-stage affair. It's all too much and unlike Vauban, Xaku, or Ivara all of her buffs function the same in terms of how they're cast. It's hard to say the 4 effects from tribute are more worthy of all that labor than the 3 or so effects of nourish.

En 12/10/2023 a las 9:06, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

Wile all the idea is useful, i rather have an Augment that increase the buffs duration (50~100%) and allow all the active buffs to be refreshed when any new one is collected, this way it would take longer before you had to worry about refreshing the buffs, would take less time and energy to keep them running.

maybe one augment that does the said fifth tribute with an extra into the same augment that allows subsecuent cast to stack its duration up to 3minutes or something like that

En 29/10/2023 a las 4:36, Sojufueled dijo:

They should just be fused anyway. Titania has 5 buffs to maintain (before augments) witht 4 of them being a time intense multi-stage affair. It's all too much and unlike Vauban, Xaku, or Ivara all of her buffs function the same in terms of how they're cast. It's hard to say the 4 effects from tribute are more worthy of all that labor than the 3 or so effects of nourish.

yeah, and titania has her razorflies too, DE have the chance to change her on this companion rework "phase1" "phase1.5 or anything in between" and "phase2" 
her tribute is highly related to companions, you can even mod her companions via diwata, she and khora might as well get QoL changes in this changing times

edit: you even lose your companion while razorwing because "you have companion razorflies"

soooo, i'd like to "have the razorflies" why can't we mod the butterflies health, armor? 

Edited by FacuNeko