Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After over 10 years I've stopped posting to bug reports since it doesn't seem to be worth my time - This is a farce.

Tuxu_Holyland

On 2023-10-16 at 8:47 PM, Tuxu_Holyland said:

Post if you have something useful to add.

Another thing that makes Duviri almost completely unplayable

Kaithes, when you summon it, it sometimes bugs out so you don’t actually summon it. Then the ability refuses to summon a kaithe, so you’re just stuck there during the Orowrym fight trying not to get obliterated.

Edit: butchered orowyrm

Edited by Malikili
Orowyrm
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, schilds said:

For a bug report to be useful, it needs to detail steps DE can take to reproduce it as deterministically as possible.

You don't say, sensei! lol jk

The bug report was submitted long ago, nothing happened with it and the same applies to other bug reports I've applied over the years - Hence my post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-25 at 10:53 AM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Bug a report and a crying post are the same for you? ok.

What you are doing is called cheap demagoguery and is plainly abhorrent by civilized people. Adjust.

Everyone else - Put another one on the docket:
Can you tell what mission type that is?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Am 17.10.2023 um 02:47 schrieb Tuxu_Holyland:

I was playing circuits on public and had the recurring problem of Decree frags not showing up\being to low\showing only aura.
So I echo-locate them like a friggen bat, okay... learnt to live with it... like so many bad design decisions and bug in duviri that would not be addressed - fine.
I was just asking my team mates if they too have this issue or maybe it's just local on my end; one of them responds that they can't see the frags.

Okay, I think, then it's not just on my end but a real problem.

SUDDENLY:

?imw=1024&imh=640&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

That kind of wonk never existed in any other games I put time into.

No, "/unstuck" didn't help, neither jumping into the abyss.

This quote as guidance:

I've had it forever too. Why waste your own time pointlessly?
My experience is: forum is only for small talk and has NO influence on anything at all. and even the forum is apparently managed by an external company?

"They don't even bother with really simple and obvious stuff, fixed by literally editing a value in the code base - like how they accidentally cut the Pathocyst's heavy attack damage in half in one patch, and years later despite constant reminders they still haven't restored it's damage. And the weapon is terrible even unbugged."

Surprised no one else has pointed out that this bug has since been fixed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-29 at 3:12 AM, trst said:

Cool, so have you made a bug report on the issue yet? Since you've encountered it multiple times now surely you'd have useful information on the matter.

I did, it's still not worth DE's time since it's time consuming to reproduce it. So instead of taking responsibility they'll let us enjoy it.

Now random missions won't start after the weird, unholy stuff they did to matchmaking.
How the heck am I suppose to reproduce and report it beyond saying unfudge the matchmaker?

Edit: Nearly forgot - Today I was flying Titania Prime in that Sortie, sniper only, Assassinate mission against the Jackal, the problem is that matchmaking loaded me in a weird way and I was using Titania's fly mode with my rivened Rubico prime.
That was totally balanced, no doubt! :D

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Tuxu_Holyland

On 2023-11-12 at 12:03 AM, Crevab said:

"They don't even bother with really simple and obvious stuff, fixed by literally editing a value in the code base - like how they accidentally cut the Pathocyst's heavy attack damage in half in one patch, and years later despite constant reminders they still haven't restored it's damage. And the weapon is terrible even unbugged."

Surprised no one else has pointed out that this bug has since been fixed

I missed that--good to know.  I don't care about the weapon, but it was embarrassing seeing people have to bring it up update after update with no acknowledgement or action.  I think that goes back at least two years.

14 hours ago, Tuxu_Holyland said:

I did, it's still not worth DE's time since it's time consuming to reproduce it. So instead of taking responsibility they'll let us enjoy it.

Imagine if you find a glitch/bug that give you infinite resources/credits etc, they will find it and patch it fast without letting anyone else to know was there.

I think this is the sort of thing you should really consider and decide before expending any sort of energy or effort. As in for each person, we have to weigh and consider the effort we put into something and what we think the consequences are and whether we are okay with those possibilities. As in it may not be worth the effort or time any of us put in. 

To be clear, I don't say this to diminish or devalue the efforts of anyone, its actually the opposite. I'm personally quite lazy when it comes to bug reporting. Thankfully, 95% of the time, I encounter a bug and go to report it, someone else already has. That also being said, I am under no belief that the game or developers are under any guarantee to immediately solve or fix such bugs, and even less so if its more of a suggestion. The more expectations, and assumptions you make about what they "should do" versus what they "will do" can create a type of dissatisfaction that shouldn't be surprising. 

That also being said, expressions of frustration are also natural and fair, Warframe is quite buggy, makes sense for players to feel frustrated. Its really good to know your own personal time and value though. Avoid situations where you wake up one day in the future and have a sense of regret that makes you question years of your life. Ideally thats stuff you figure out way earlier, and ultimately whose responsibility is it? Then finally, bug reporting and bug fixing are very different things. If the latter was as easy, well Earth would be a very different place altogether. 

Actually more finally finally, I do really appreciate all the people that do bug reports, but also from first hand experience, we should all have realistic expectations, and realise often, its very overlooked, thankless, "small thing" none of us should ever be obliged to do and should always cease if it doesn't feel worth it to ourselves or our time, energy. Similar could be said of playing a game we know is quite buggy. I never play on big updates until like... the second or third patch, and if I do, I always do so, knowing that I could have 30 minutes worth of progress lost because an elevator or something freezes. 

• Like 1

Bugs once known by the Dev's are put into a list based on the urgency of the bug. Sometimes this means small bugs will be left alone in order to focus down larger more serious bugs. I'd assume the process is the same for all Dev teams, but that's the process that was described to me by a Dev from another game. Granted they were a smaller studio at the time.

In my experience if the bug is really bad DE is usually fairly quick to step in and fix it. Depending on how many tickets they're receiving at the time like after  major update mileage may vary as they'll need to dig through everything before they find a report for an obscure, but high priority issue.

Edited by Sierra

Am 17.10.2023 um 02:47 schrieb Tuxu_Holyland:

I was playing circuits on public and had the recurring problem of Decree frags not showing up\being to low\showing only aura.
So I echo-locate them like a friggen bat, okay... learnt to live with it... like so many bad design decisions and bug in duviri that would not be addressed - fine.
I was just asking my team mates if they too have this issue or maybe it's just local on my end; one of them responds that they can't see the frags.

Okay, I think, then it's not just on my end but a real problem.

SUDDENLY:

?imw=1024&imh=640&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

That kind of wonk never existed in any other games I put time into.

No, "/unstuck" didn't help, neither jumping into the abyss.

This quote as guidance:

My guess is that "Post if you have something useful to add." means "Post something that I like to hear".

And complaining about a bug not fixed yet and ignoring literally 1000s of bugs that have been fixed is ridiculous. But probably "fix bugs!" means for you "fix bugs that I find annoying for ME!"

• Like 1