Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has the daily reward of platinum discount on next in game item purchase been removed?

It’s been 3 weeks and I’ve received the bonus platinum on next platinum purchase (real currency) multiple times but not the discount on next item purchase (in game platinum purchase). I am mostly a free to play player with the odd purchase of bundles so this daily reward is useless to me and the free to play community was just wandering if the discount on item purchase was removed as it seems illogical to remove it

• Like 1

Good question, I've not seen a market discount in a while either.

Only been on a log in/out run recently to do other things but not even a 25% discount has popped up.  Mostly junk, boosters and a couple of bonus plat vouchers.

I'm in the UK, so I guess they're testing it out here too.

Edited by (XBOX)Hellsteeth30
Additional info

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I wouldn't mind if they kept both coupons in the end. PC could get the market coupon too, alongside the plat one they have.

Thing is, monkey brain is more attracted to a discount than a bonus, even if they technically even out

A few days ago I got a 50% off coupon.  I didn't study the details of how it looked in the same way I don't study the details of what an Affinity Booster looks like.

If this new "50% on next platinum purchase" coupon looks nearly indistinguishable from the usual "50% on next item purchase", it's possible my eyes didn't notice the difference in wording.  But if they look meaningfully different, then I can confirm that PSX users are still capable of getting the traditional console coupons.

Anyone have pictures of the two different coupons on console for comparison?

25 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Thing is, monkey brain is more attracted to a discount than a bonus, even if they technically even out

Technically they have different uses.  Like if you trade for most of your platinum, or get your platinum from bundles that can't be discounted like Prime Access, then coupons on platinum purchases are less useful than coupons on item purchases, because one helps you get more of a resource you don't need while the other helps you extend the life of your currency.  On the other hand, if you generally buy undiscounted platinum and make lots of small purchases or trades with it, then the coupon for buying platinum itself will likely be more useful.

Personally I prefer the item discount, because I'm in the former camp.

They're "testing" the discount in certain regions on consoles. I'm apparently not in the group they're doing this with because I'm still getting the usual discounts on login. I have a feeling they'll be implementing the plat discount and removing the market discount -- and have intended that no matter what.

It's terrible as a "reward" and it's not even remotely comparable to what PC players get as far as worth and value goes.

I'm not, and have never been, wearing rose-colored glasses when it comes to DE; they're a business and they're always going to do business things. But inserting spend-money pushes into every nook and cranny of the game is tiresome -- and tomorrow, with the update, they're adding more of it. They're basically turning into that obnoxious car salesman in a bad 70's-polyester suit.

As someone who does spend money on this game, all it's doing is incentivising me to NOT.

• Like 1

it should be still there, I have never recieved a 'extra platinum coupon' for when I buy plat with real currency for that matter but my cousin got one of those 2 days ago and I have gotten the reduced plat price coupon for ingame items around 2 times in the last 3 weeks (both were 50% tho and no 25% or 75% but I doubt they would remove those)

it's just RNG I guess, I really hope they will never remove those though because sometimes, one is literally waiting for one of those to get an expensive weapon or frame for much less without the struggle of farming them XD (looking at you, Hema, in the past)

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

They're "testing" the discount in certain regions on consoles. I'm apparently not in the group they're doing this with because I'm still getting the usual discounts on login. I have a feeling they'll be implementing the plat discount and removing the market discount -- and have intended that no matter what.

It's terrible as a "reward" and it's not even remotely comparable to what PC players get as far as worth and value goes.

I'm not, and have never been, wearing rose-colored glasses when it comes to DE; they're a business and they're always going to do business things. But inserting spend-money pushes into every nook and cranny of the game is tiresome -- and tomorrow, with the update, they're adding more of it. They're basically turning into that obnoxious car salesman in a bad 70's-polyester suit.

As someone who does spend money on this game, all it's doing is incentivising me to NOT.

Yes, they are testing. Cross save is close to release and they need to find something that can work on all platforms, because they can't use the discount on consoles.

And PC can't have a different system than everyone else because, again, cross save.

19 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Yes, they are testing. Cross save is close to release and they need to find something that can work on all platforms, because they can't use the discount on consoles.

And PC can't have a different system than everyone else because, again, cross save.

I know WHY they're doing it. I also know why they didn't go the other direction and "test" giving PC players the discount console players get.

It'd be nice though, if just once, once, DE didn't come across as if they view console players as the colloquial red-headed stepchild of Warframe.

I haven't seen a market coupon either since the changes but had a couple bonus plat coupons. to be honest I think I'm actually liking having way more plat more than a market discount, and if you have way more plat, paying full price for things doesn't really seem as bad. would be nice to have both but I'm not sure DE intend to be that generous...

I have received the normal regular Discount off next purchase type of voucher. Two in the past 3 weeks. Have not gotten any of the new type. 

1. May mean I am not in a location they are testing this out on. 2. May just be RNG, I have friends who have gone 5+ months without seeing any sort of voucher, despite regular play. 

To the best of my knowledge, they are only in a testing/feedback phrase. They haven't made a hard commitment to one way over the other. I am thus, fairly confident, that if they were removing anything permanently, they would make a post/announcement with details and justifications. 

Personally I am of mixed minds. I don't really get much benefit from the one item off reduction, because I find it so limited. I used almost all of mine on buying Deluxe Skins. I have pretty much all of them. That being said, I can see why many, especially free to play console players would prefer them. Can be good way to also get many Warframes, weapons, etc. Their inability to work on boosters, bundles though... for me, makes them... ehhh, but I also have everything and am willing to pay money so... Hence mixed. 

17 hours ago, -Krism- said:

Someone posted a thread a while ago with the math.

With all of the calculations it seems discounts worked better than bonuses. It costed less money for discounts. 
Edit: Found it

Edited by Malikili
Inserting link to thread

17 hours ago, -Krism- said:

I don't think it's a monkey brain thing, a discount is definitely more beneficial than bonus even if they get the same value.

You're saving money that could be used to buy something else with the discount while the bonus you just get more currency that can only be used on Warframe.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XBOX)SeawardChimp753 said:

It’s been 3 weeks and I’ve received the bonus platinum on next platinum purchase (real currency) multiple times but not the discount on next item purchase (in game platinum purchase). I am mostly a free to play player with the odd purchase of bundles so this daily reward is useless to me and the free to play community was just wandering if the discount on item purchase was removed as it seems illogical to remove it

They might be removing the old one in favor of cross save (since PC players get the plat purchase discount coupon, not the in-game discount).

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT