Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entrati Lanthorn Farming

(XBOX)Seraph Wisp

Question

Since they updated and changed spare parts making it so you can’t use the mod to farm lanthhorns now as far as I know besides just breaking containers and praying how should I farm them now because I need twenty for the angel rank and am not looking forward to the grind

I also don’t know if I put this in the right topic do if it’s the wrong one then my bad

10 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)Seraph Wisp said:

I just haven’t had good luck with that myself and if I have then I didn’t really notice I’m trying extractors too though

it'll vary for sure, like some Missions may be 0, some may be 2 or 3 even.

if you want to speed it up, Xaku is a good choice for this since The Vast Untime is a huge non LoS AoE that can break Pots, that you can also spam. making it easy to cruise through areas without having to poke into every single Room, instead just going nearby and letting Vacuum pickup anything useful.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Seraph Wisp said:

I just haven’t had good luck with that myself and if I have then I didn’t really notice I’m trying extractors too though

Don't expect to get Lanthorns from extractors, and maybe, maaybee they'll pleasantly surprise you.  If you run two crate busting missions a day you'll almost certainly collect 20 Lanthorns long before your first extractor drop.

Run a resource booster and look up a Xaku container build and you'll finish pretty fast.

Xaku with a range build smash everything pick it up, I never farmed them I got all mine which is in the high hundreds now after building everything needed for them, playing the mission exterminate was a good one for me to get plumes and thorns in multiples 2 - 4 up to 6 or more at times also don't forget to check the rubbish bins open them as you go past them.

So... my advice? The mileage may vary. 

Key to minimising the grind, is to not necessarily find the "best way" to get something, but combine those strategies, with your own preferences. For example, I have over 300 Entrati Lanthorn, at the moment, even with months of feeding it to Helminth. I think I had 600 at one point, I never actually grinded or farmed for them specifically though. I just really enjoyed the Zariman update, and a few of their missions. I liked the new tileset, and exploring, and fighting Angels, and the new modes, and the new Arcanes, and the first Incarnons. 

When you are enjoying yourself, the grind is automatically lessened. Do you have a favourite Bounty? Mission? Warframe, weapon? 

There are factors that help though. Like Xaku, Limbo and any Warframe with box breaking abilities... Zariman has some pretty dense areas with a lot of loot/breakable objects... You can do very quick Extermination runs, collecting almost all loot from the entire map with Xaku. Certain AOE weapons are decent as well, like Tonkor (you want AOE weapons with decent ammo management). If you don't like Xaku, can choose a weapon like that, or certain Warframe, like Gyre do have some decent box breaking abilities, Mag as well, Zephyr. If you give yourself the goal to speed run certain Bounties, you will get a lot of loot, Pinions (fighting the Angel) and Plumes, especially if you have Orokin Eye. If you do one mission only and constantly check to see if you got a Lanthorn? You will probably just get frustrated. If you do like 10, with Xaku breaking everything, and getting a bunch of standing and Plumes/Pinions, and Steel Essence as well? You go to check how many Lanthorns you got, and you'll realise you actually have a bunch without really realising. 

Again though, maybe you don't like the new tile sets, or missions, and thats fair, preferences and all. Just passive chill farming tends to be less frustrating, than if you are dreading and feeling negative about your chances? If that makes sense. Also, if you still find it hard to be a bit optimistic or hopeful about the grind? Maybe take a break from it or try to focus on something else. Like do you have any new Warframes or weapons to test? Why not do it at Zariman? 

Lastly, boosters can be a big help. The Double Resource and Resource Drop Chance. Thats probably the reason I personally have so many, but again, I was also quite excited and looking forward to playing those missions. Obviously don't get them unless you plan on playing and sometimes taking a break is better for your sanity. 

Good luck! 

4 hours ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

use a Distilling Extractor.

I've had one Lanthorn drop in a month of twice daily extractor setups.

Don't think OP wants to be relying on that.

As for mission drops, get some drop rate/amount blessings/boosters and go ham on everything.  Xaku/Limbo are pretty good for trashing breakables.