The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who should go for wrathful advance? Shuriken / Teleport.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Do I start with a story or just get straight to the point? I think I am such a loquacious explainer that I should start to notice and stop so i'll get straight to it.

Removing Shuriken for Wrathful:

Pros: you have two teleports one that heavy attacks and one that casts a finisher so you're set with the two most powerful melee attack types.

Adds some interesting teleportation combo potential, double teleports is what i'm referring too.

Removing Teleport: Shuriken can replace hunter munitions on your gun, it's a very strong and cheap source of slash.

Wrathful advance and blade storm have similarly harmonic symbols very satisfying to look at when they're grouped together like that (Shout out to all my OCDers)

Teleport is not even that good anyway.

After listing the pros and cons, I can't decide which outweighs which, so I'd love to take opinions and ideas about this from others.

Just please don't be a lune and bombard us with your 12 page thread about why Ash needs new sneakers by designer because his Jordans are fake.

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk

It really depends on which weapon you plan on using. Since some are better for HA, some are better for finishers and some are great for both. If you end up with one good for both I would honestly remove his #4 since you'd then have access to armor strip to prep for HA, which would be useful versus enemies immune to finishers, then you'd also have access to cheap insta kills with finishers where those work.

Though whenever I sit down and think "man Wrathful Advance would be killer on this frame" it is followed by the other thought which is "oh right, that frame doesnt have access to Collective Curse".

4 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

After listing the pros and cons, I can't decide which outweighs which, so I'd love to take opinions and ideas about this from others.

Why not both? We can subsume different abilities on each build slot, so could just remove Shuriken on A, remove Teleport on B while still having slot C (D, E and F if you want to burn some plat) to test different setups and use the one you like the most or the one you find most fitting for different situations.

Just now, ----Legacy---- said:

Why not both? We can subsume different abilities on each build slot, so could just remove Shuriken on A, remove Teleport on B while still having slot C (D, E and F if you want to burn some plat) to test different setups and use the one you like the most or the one you find most fitting for different situations.

Wont work. You're only allowed to swap in the same skill on several configs, but you must replace the same skill in all of them.

Step 1: Pick skill to infuse.

Step 2: Pick which skill it will replace

Step 3: Pick which configs this should apply to.

After that the only option you have for the infused skill is "remove".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wont work. You're only allowed to swap in the same skill on several configs, but you must replace the same skill in all of them.

Really? That's annoying and sounds like a QoL DE should add since the way it currently works only reduces experimentation.

• Like 1

Easy to avoid but FYI:

Known Issues Requiring Code Changes:

• Shield Charger can cause UI issues when a Sentinel recharges your shields.
  • Ragdolling into water from your K-Drive in Landscapes can spawn you behind the Open Zone entrance. 
  • Ally and Enemy Highlights are visible in Quest Cutscenes. 
  • Clients are unable to skip mission intro cutscene if the Host does so before they load in. 
  • It is NOT intended for Overshields to count for Shield Gate duration. We will be removing this with required Code in our next Cert build.
  • Volatile Containers and Barrels do extra damage in Nightmare Missions. Truly nightmarish indeed!
  • NEW: Auto-Melee will persist if the first melee attack in a mission is a Warframe ability (ex: Kullervo's 1)

yeah, I'm thinking about this too; I'm 3 Bane of Kullervos off from having a duplicate to subsume and I plan on using it on both Ash and Atlas (apparently it works with Landslide, which will be a LOT of fun), but I reckon I might keep Shuriken just because it's a nice spammable ranged ability that can strip armor with the augment, but even without, it's almost-free slash procs. Teleport will get the axe, but hey, that's what happens when powers need augments that badly to be good.

man, I can't wait for the day Kullervo gets his first Augment.. it'll probably just be utility based, but I'm still curious.

11 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Huh. Learn something new every day. I guess that explains why not both

19 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Really? That's annoying and sounds like a QoL DE should add since the way it currently works only reduces experimentation.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Huh. Learn something new every day. I guess that explains why not both

Yeah I cant believe they actually made the system that way. One of the most annoying implementations of a system. I instantly ran into issues with it since I had plans on my Rev when Helminth released to have two different Roar setups, one where it would replace Enthrall and one where it would replace Danse. Just as I've wanted Silence (savage) on my Ash in both the shuriken and clone slot for different builds. But no, the big old wall cooch just says nope.